Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mega64 posted:

'Tis the season.

For those interested, there's currently a Free Enterprise-style randomizer for FF5 called Career Day that's in beta testing. Here's the link for more info.

Career Day's been a blast and got me into randomizers in general (enough to start a new thread for them)

I agree with Shyfted One that I kind of wish it was on the GBA version. Will probably do all my fiesta runs this year on the SNES version since it's now the one I'm used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Samuel Clemens posted:

IIRC, it was a super slow run because that team can't deal quickly with random encounters and most bosses required messing around with !Catch. So don't expect the Fiesta to start early this year.

It was slower but elmagus was still sub10hr on it.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

Dancer can get easy 9999 with Chicken Knife Sword Dances, Ranger's !Rapidfire is useful no matter what your comp, and Phoenix on Summoner can turn you into a perpetual motion machine.

The only weak link is Monk, and even then you can stick him with Rapidfire for 8 hits a round.

You can give the monk !summon and just have a beefy second caster. That party is pretty good, and if it's on GBA it's great.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Was accidentally a little late on the screenshot and just got the tail end, but "winnerrisk" completed with only tiny summer Lenna still hanging on.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
One thing as far as resources/guides go, is there any list of good grind spots throughout a run? I know there's the money dogs, and prototypes and later shield dragons if you have !control, but is there any good list of such spots? Noticed sometimes I have a party that breezes through w1/2 well enough that I don't think to stop to level much then kind of feel really underpowered for chunks of w3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
They said they don't want to give themselves an advantage over what they have, so probably anything but bard/chemist is fine. Samurai is pretty top tier if you're willing to farm a bit of gil.