Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Is that just going to quadzerk everyone who risks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What does Popular pull from, is it based on The Run vote?
Is there a patch to unlock Chaos jobs?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

Popular is weighted towards The Run votes, yes. As it stands, you'd be most likely to roll White Mage and will almost never pull Mystic Knight.

Hmm, it looks like Gilgabot did a series of twitter votes earlier in the year, so it might actually be based on that. If so, the most likely results will be Blue Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, White Mage. Leans very 750 heavy, although Samurai was reasonably popular.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

You guys like weird pledges, right?

For each goon that beats NED and also posts a FFV themed level they made in the SMM2 thread, I will donate $10 to a maximum of $200.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Ha ha ha, that was an amazing ending.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RudeCreativeMetalPicoMause

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 17, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Jobs are live!

I GOT MONK

So did I. Well at least W1 will be pretty easy.

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Same. Any good info on what I should do with it?

First thing is, go back to the first cave and fight steel bats until you get vampire/red feast.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Well, I’m going to get ranger, and my jobs are mediocre, so I just realized that I have never slotted !aim and have no idea what it does.

Is it an accuracy buff, or an attack with 100% accuracy? If it’s an attack does it require bows? If it doesn’t require bows... does it avoid the flee effect of chicken knife? :getin:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Alternately, if you're playing on GBA, you can either get the patch that unlocks all jobs from the start, or use a code to unlock all jobs.

What is this patch called?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

This is my first 4JF, so I'd like some advice on this profoundly mediocre roll (as far as I can tell).
Advice like, 'Go ahead and job fair for chemist.'

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, hey, remember when I was complaining that my jobs were bad? I may have forgotten that slotting the core ability of a class transfers that classes main attribute score. Guess it's time for punch summoners.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Will !xfight/!rapidfire allow me to keep using monk as a physical attacker(since it sets defense to 0) or should I just slot summoner for the entire game?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Does the rod store exist in W3 or does it get voided?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

blinking beacon nose posted:

Yeah but I can always get the Kaiser knuckles in the Great Sea Trhahaha kill me now

Good to know that the Dancer actually continues to become worth a poo poo though. Just so I'm clear: Barehanded gives you Monk's strength even if you have a weapon in hand? Hilarious loophole if so. And if so.. it looks like my lovely classes are going to give me some awesome support abilities at least, what with that and Dualcast :hellyeah:

I'm gonna see how fist only dancer goes for a bit. I call this character build "Mosh Pit Fighter" .

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Last night I found out that Siren with MNK is hilariously easy. Killed her before her phase change.

Chumping ArcheoAvis with them is even better, so look forward to that.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Should I grind !Rapidfire on my Monk or just saddle them with nonboosted !summon for the entire game? I'm already going to have them grind eqBow for double Killer Bows against a couple bosses.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

OzFactor posted:

You're probably going to need to survive at least one Almagest unless you really want to do what A_Raving_Loon is suggesting and try to Break that piece. But honestly it is not worth trying unless you're using save states--it's a very, very low chance to hit. I'm sure by the time I've posted this someone will have done the math and posted it.

Lol trying to grind dancer to 46, and all of the info is in this thread now thanks to Kyro so,

Break is 1.6 + (Level/5)% (so around 6%)
Stoat is 5.4 + (Level/5)% (so around 10%)

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, hi, Krille. Save the dragon? Yeah, we can do that.

Sorry for the wait. Grandpa was busy, in the basement, for three hours.

e: Oh, cheers, !Rapidfire Monk is dealing some real soviet damage, at least for now.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 21, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Well, I have now eliminated three World 2 bosses using !Rapidfire death procs. This is almost as easy as having a blue mage.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is there a list of what optional stuff gives what rewards in W3? I could just scroll down through this FAQ but I'm guessing the answer is just going to be "shop at the hidden town, grind for elixir, done"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Hackan Slash posted:

What's your party? The most widely used item in my opinion is the wonder wand in fork tower. Other than that it's mostly ultimate spells. Most teams can't use more than the 3 weapons you get from the mandatory tablet.

Kyrosiris posted:

Solitary Island Shrine: Beastkiller Whip, access to Fork Tower
Fork Tower: Holy, Flare, Wonder Wand, Defender knightsword, submarine access
Undersea Trench: Meteor, Magic Lamp recharge spot, decent grinding if you've got Bard
Istory Falls: Aegis Shield, Titan's Axe, Leviathan (only relevant if you have Summoner + Chemist)
North Mountain: Bahamut (only relevant if you have Summoner + White Mage/Monk who can't use knives)
Phoenix Tower: Phoenix, AP from magic pots

Well, Bahamut probably. I'm not sure whether Phoenix will be worth it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What elements does Magus Rod boost?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Everything but Water and Holy.

Leviathan, "It's just bad."™

Also, I find it really funny that the best summon is the ghost of my pet dragon puking all over everyone.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Jose Valasquez posted:

I pulled Ranger as my first job in my second run and I thought it was going to be a nightmare but holy poo poo Animals is really nice early on

It's actually good the entire game if you don't have a healer because the range for nightingale is 11-20, and the roll is 0-(current level).

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Bunch of baby ducks, thrown into the rift
Soda machine that doesn’t work, thrown into the rift

Okay, I’m wrapping up W3, just have to farm 50 more flees. How many elixirs would you recommend vs NED if I’m running mostly !summon no gold pins?

e: Oh, and I guess if I have to farm elixir where should I go?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Nasgate posted:

If you have summon, I definitely recommend doing Phoenix tower. Even without gold hairpins it will save you on elixirs.

Oh, I did. It led to a funny moment when I made it to the top and got excited that I had made it all the way through 30 floors. And then it dawned on me that I didn't have access to Exit.

Also I just realized that since I"m not triple crowning I don't actually have a level limit here.

e:

Ayudo posted:

Elixirs are common drops too.

It's not, but there is a formation with four of them at least.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 23, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Where are these poison eagles in the rift?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Like on the same screen as Omega, or a specific screen?

e: I'm getting to the point where I'm just going to go all the way out and find a gaelicat.

ee: Ah, well, I got a gaelicat

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 24, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

agradine posted:

Haven't seen any name based toxxes, so I guess I'll be the first.

:toxx: In honor and memory of the sadly now defunct Let's Play 25 30 Years of Final Fantasy thread by the Good Friends, Ryan and Claire, I will donate $1 for every goon that completes a run with their main character called "Butes" (as pronounced in your finest Southern California accent), up to a total of $25 $30. :toxx:

Edit: I will also accept other Good Friends references, in case FRON is more your speed.

Edit2: Apparently I missed the first name-based :toxx:, nothing wrong with coming second!

Funktastic posted:

So I guess it's time for my donation pledge!

Since my first time beating FFV was through the 4JF I'll donate $1 per person (max $20)who also has their first run of FFV through the fiesta!

May be doubled later depending on my money situation.

Technically, I have never beaten this game before. I always stopped right before NED.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 24, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Do I have to wait for some sort of confirmation before starting another run?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Ah ha ha, Karl Boss's level is 5. I didn't have any idea and then I destroyed him with three goblin punches.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

blinking beacon nose posted:

My "Team A-Button" (Knight/Mystic/Ranger/Ninja)

I’d love to know which combination of physical attack skills turns out to work best, in case I go back and play the game ‘normally’.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Darwinism posted:

I did a terrible, terrible thing.

:stonk:

My current run I went with “Dude”, that’s working out pretty well, Dude......

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Does Goblin Punch take the element of my weapon into account? I assume no?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Mega64 posted:

PureChaos BestChaos

I have to admit that I am upset 'winner' had no randomness in it. This is going to be a trivial win.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

That bedamned clapperclaw!

I love the GBA translation.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

ZypherIM posted:

Toad works really well for mini-dragons. Not nearly as fast as ninja scrolls, but I can still throw !red on everyone and only have 1-2 of them get a turn at all, and being a toad removes their stupid defense letting me just speed up emulation and smack them down. Everyone in back row with 2 elf capes and the defending dagger removes nearly all the risk.

I assume you mean near the library. Is that a good place to AP grind in W1? I latched onto it when I realized I had about a 50% chance if 2 AP, and the wind shrine nutkin seemed to be gone.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Those golems are real rough on a 750 team, until I remembered about golden needles.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Are there multiple versions of Metamorph, or am I just getting unlucky with transformations?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Ah ha ha, I spent 15 minutes trying to farm a white wind cast off a hellraiser and when it finally casts it, it's out of MP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Here’s another dumb anecdote.

I was having a lot of trouble landing death claw on the last magic crystal which was air. I finally get it and instinctively attack to finish it off. Of course, everyone has air lancet equipped. My white mages turn rolls up, he’s got blue slotted and I had about one second before I get tpk’d by an aero age to the face. (Could have curaga’d technically, but it only had 200 HP anyway.) And that’s the story of how my last attack against the crystals boss was ‘flamethrower’.