Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Super No Vacancy posted:

where do u get the game i've never played this one

Kyrosiris posted:

Buy a GBA cartridge, buy the PSX anthology that has it, buy the port on steam or your smartphone, or :filez:.

Fair warning/caveat emptor that the Steam/mobile version, while being by far the most readily (legally) accessible, does have a few balance changes that make the Four Job Fiesta slightly less user-friendly.

(also its graphics are bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Samuel Clemens posted:

If you remove all cutscenes, the translation hardly matters though, no?

Some people get really mad about Kururu/Cara/Krile.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Poque posted:

Yeah, I think Sandworm is worse too but I'm not sure. Sucks for zerks too. Maybe this is why I dislike Ranger so much (though it's hard to really know as I've only had 3 in 29 Fiesta runs and one of them was job-faired).

Yeah, Sandworm has 5 dummy targets instead of 2. On the flipside for Zerks, they get access to the MAG underflow glitch and can trivialize random encounters in world 3 by being Titan.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mega64 posted:

PS1 is the worst version yet has the best translation.

I agree and proudly fly the flag of Team Y-Burns.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ritznit posted:

Does some of this stuff get more clear when you actually play the drat game or do I need to ask people to explain everything to me like I'm 5 because I don't understand the bugs and the stealing thing and what an M is and what the hell the jobs do and why some are great while others are less great?

Everything except "what an M is" becomes clearer with practice/experience, yes.

The short form of M is that your Strength and/or Magic only influence your damage multiplier, not your exact damage. The multiplier is derived from your relevant attacking stat and your Level. In other words, the important thing about M is "if you want to do more damage, gain levels".

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FF7 Four (Three?) Materia Fiesta when.

Shyfted One posted:

Man, Bard vs Garula is a slog. I mean, I guess it's not as bad as party comps that struggle against Byblos though.

Not as bad of a slog as Chemist vs Garula, even with the addition of the Healing Staff. It's safe as hell, but you do basically no damage since Turtle Shells don't exist until immediately after that. It's basically the last big gate before the game falls to its knees and weeps openly at you.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 28, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

agradine posted:

I’m getting reports that the Aegis Shield doesn’t block magic attacks properly in the Matrix version; can anyone confirm that?

Aside from the one reply a year ago on your last reddit "differences" post (by the same user, at that), I don't see anything about it. Not in FFWiki, not in Steam's discussions, nothing. If I get a hold of a copy I'll test it, but I would think a bug that noticeable would be more widely documented.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 29, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The worst no-modifiers FJF team (so one job from each crystal) is pretty universally felt to be Monk/Red Mage/Geomancer/Dancer. Not only is there essentially no synergy, but all four jobs are incredibly ineffectual, and three of the four are made of sugarglass on top of that.

The only potential swap would be Berserker in Red Mage's spot; it's a choice you have to make between "as bad as un-boosted freelancer in pretty much every stat" versus "literally cannot be controlled".

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'd much rather have Dancer than Dragoon in that line-up. Not just because Ribbons are great but because dancing with the Chicken Knife is the only worthwhile damage output you'll get in World 3.

I also think Red Mage is much better than Berserker in this setting. Far easier Worlds 1 and 2 due to rod-breaking, and World 3 gives you plenty of flexibility with the spell list up to level 3 and Wonder Wand/Power Staff shenanigans. Plus, Sword Dance with the Rune Blade and a Lamia's Tiara is actually decent damage. Berserker by comparison gives you little aside from Death Sickle. Even its endgame damage is going to be meh because you don't have a secondary ability that boosts the Magic score for the Rune Axe.

Dragoons are essentially Knights But Worse, since their stat line is similar but they use spears instead of (knight) swords, they don't have kit to help them with tanking (and in fact avoid tanking with !Jump), and don't really synergize with any other class.

Dancers have the potential for absurd damage, exactly 25% (or, later with the Rainbow Dress or Lamia Tiara, 50%) of the time, and are essentially immune to status ailments. In exchange they're stuck with knives for weapons (which means Chicken Knife access but doesn't help outside of that) and have the game's lowest VIT. You have to get a dancer to something like level 45 before they can tank Almagest, which admittedly does give the team a point in favor of Red Mage (with Raise access and controllability) helping more than Zerk (who will generally be outdamaged even by a 50% Chicken Dance rate).

Assuming the other two jobs are consistent (Monk and Geomancer as the worst out of the Wind/Fire crystals, respectively), Red Mage/Dancer work better as a team but is made of glass (monk aside), whereas Dragoon/Berserker work better but is essentially autoattack.team and boring as silt on top of that.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, though keep in mind that's only when applying with Risk, and even then only if there is a surplus of Zerks in the pool. Otherwise it goes by whatever rules the run itself goes by, and as far as I know the only time you'll get Zerk as your Wind job is if you're playing Chaos/Pure Chaos, and then that's only if the RNG rolls it for that first job; Gilgabot does not consciously hand out quadzerks without arcane secrets.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 1, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The defense is the bigger stopping point than the 95% evasion, ultimately; the only time the 95% evasion is a deal breaker is when you have to rely on critical hits from fists/katanas (or damage variance from axes) to pierce the defense. That said, there's a lot more ways to bypass the defense than there is to bypass the evasion.

For the record, the following things can get past Omega's defense:
  • Any lightning-based attack (as long as it gets through the reflect; this means in absolute worst-case you could lean back on !Throwing Lightning Scrolls, or if you feel like braving that 95% evasion, you can smack it with Coral Swords and Tridents, but I can't recommend that for anyone who lacks a White Mage)
  • !Rapidfire
  • Non-Elemental magic damage with more than 150 spell power (again assuming it gets through reflect; Succubus Kiss and Bahamut are fine, as is bouncing Flares; in the case of Black Mages and Summoners, Thunder Rod + Lightning spells does more damage though. Comet/Meteor have a random spell power between 50 and 200, needs to be >150 to get through Omega's MDef; Time Mages have better options in most versions)
  • !Throw with any weapon with more than 100 throw power (usually these are legendary weapons, save for Fuma Shurikens; if you have any mage class with !Throw they'll be better off with Lightning Scrolls)
  • The blue magics 1000 Needles and Exploder (which do fixed damage)
  • The chemist mix Turtle Soup (Turtle Shell + Antidote, halves enemy DEF/MDEF)
  • Critical hits from Fists/Katanas
  • Axes (treat Defense as 25% of normal - this means you still will do 0 damage often)
  • Sword Dance with a weapon with more than 100 Attack

Things that get past Omega's evasion:
  • !Rapidfire
  • !Aim (why are you using this instead of Rapidfire, come on now)
  • Stop (inflicted via Bard using Romeo's Ballad) or Paralyze (inflicted via Beastmaster's !Calm command GBA ONLY) make evasion 0% for their duration
  • !Throw
  • !Jump
  • !Dance
  • Most damaging spells (usually auto-hit, exception made for Succubus Kiss, which has to deal with lowered accuracy due to Omega's bonkers level)

In order to have a "safe" Omega fight, you need a Time Mage (for Quick-leak shenanigans in non-mobile/Steam versions), Bard, or Beastmaster (GBA-only). In order to have a feasible Omega fight you need something that can do lightning damage (Blue Mages technically count for this though they'll generally want to use 1000 Needles instead of Coral Sword pokes). If you only have classes that would need to rely on unequipped criticals (really only just Thief, White Mage and Geomancer, though Berserker's uncontrollable nature makes Axes just as bad of an option too) then your chances are so close to 0 that you might as well not even try.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 1, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Doom Goon posted:

Yeah, think people are downplaying how hard Omega is with certain classes! There are absolutely combinations that can't realistically beat it at Level 99. You also should remember some people (I mean, like, non-regulars) use savestates.

Savestates don't matter too much in FF5's RNG iirc, I think it's seeded in such a way that loading states mid-battle will lead to the same results every time unless you choose different actions, and with Omega you really can't afford to dick around for RNG manipulation.

Omega is basically a difficulty binary but I think you're downplaying what a difference being Lv99 over (as an example) Lv50 is. That's basically your magic (mostly Succubus Kiss if you have a chemist) being 50% more accurate and its status effects being 50% less accurate (numerically; actual reduction may be lower). It turns something like Circle from a legitimate threat to potentially a dead turn on Omega's part, which is huge. Plus you have 5000-6000 HP by that point so you don't get reduced to a fine red mist immediately.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 2, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

WilliamAnderson posted:

Crack open a beer and watch some baseball play some footsball while waiting quickly.

Fixed that for you. Never forget Omega Bowl.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

agradine posted:

I didn’t write that guide for it to be used in anti-Matrix propaganda :colbert:

I’m mostly joking; for the record, I would argue that the mobile/steam version is overall more difficult, but in different and interesting ways. Sure you lose a lot of the cheesier tactics, but I’m several years in now and I’m still learning new things (Berserker auto targeting, Dancing Dagger/Twin Lance, apparently you can Magic Lamp the Rugwizard?) which when you’re playing a 20+ year old game for the umpteenth time isn’t nothing.

My biggest beef is that you apparently lose the only real way to access Holy if you only rolled White Mage for magic classes in the Fiesta.

Unlike Black Mage and Flare, a White Mage really, really wants Holy around, but if you can't Berserk Rugwizard to stop his Resets, a White Mage has no reliable way of beating him, being forced to lean back on incredibly inaccurate Silence casts and dropping physical attacks in the milliseconds he stays silenced.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 5, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

The 4JF is honestly a good way to do it the first time. If you're allowed to use every tool in the game it's a bit too easy to break it over your knee. Still fun, sure, but the 4JF really focuses your strategies.

If you're allowed to use every tool in the game it's also really easy to get bogged down with fiddling or choice paralysis. FJF rules streamline it so that you only focus on the jobs you're given instead of all eleventeen.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DalaranJ posted:

Is that just going to quadzerk everyone who risks?

Nah. This year RK is doing something with fiddling with the amounts each berserker costs based on how much they get in donations.

Kyrosiris posted:

In fairness we vote-brigaded for that one year and that was the "DEATH BY MATH IS BORING, I'M GONNA SUICIDE IN THE WIND SHRINE" year from dragondarch. :v:

In DD's "defense", the guy had been up for 72 hours at that point and honestly had no right trying to marathon-speedrun anything, much less a JRPG he's not even particularly fond of.

(Of course, that was after a 24 hour stream of doing a bunch of calculations for levels for optimal gunch strats and poo poo like using Mystic Knight autoshell to survive/learn Aqua Breath at level 7, so your point still stands. I'm just saying that it was a trashfire for reasons OTHER than the normal dragondarch shenanigans.)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Maigius posted:

Does the Steam version have the GBA jobs? If it does, I think I'll try the advanced setting.

It does, but there's no mods or romhacks or anything to unlock them early, so you'd have to play through 99% of the game to get your fourth job.

If that's still what you wanna do, go hog wild, just be aware that you can't get the GBA jobs until you've gotten through all four tablet dungeons.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Supremezero posted:

It doesn't have to be an actually otherwise used twitter account, though.

Yeah, I have a sock puppet account that exists solely to fiesta. It sucks that twitter is the only interface to “officially” fiesta, but you don’t have to read the rest of the site. :shrug:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

OzFactor posted:

Appropriate FJF parties for the Brave Blade:

Knight + Berserker x3
Knight x2 + Berserker x2

That's it. No, this does not include Knight x3 + Berserker, that one should be two-handing the Rune Axe or something.

So what you're saying is that there are appropriate parties for it and you should never run from a battle in World 1 ever. Got it. :shepface:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

mp5 posted:

Gilgabot will not begin dispensing jobs to the public until all four of the speed runners finish their race, which will start when the countdown timer on the site hits 0.

The run is going to be a bit longer than a basic minimal any% speedrun of FF5 because the runners will all have to do several extra tasks that will add time and difficulty. Remembering very little about the composition from 2017 (the same jobs as this year, because of some goon donating a huge amount), I would guess the runners will take 7-9 hours to all be finished assuming nothing disastrous derails them. With Dragondarch that is always a possibility.

After all four runners are done, RK will flip some switches manually and everyone else can Fiesta at their own pace. You are right, you don’t have to start right on the dot.

It's worth noting if a runner cannot finish due to tech issues or completely and utterly falls apart live on stream (as has happened with happysquid and Dragondarch respectively in past years), RK has the power to start it whenever he pleases, but it will generally be about a half hour to an hour after the second-to-last-place finishes before that option is taken.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Some Guy TT posted:

How intensive is the all jobs patch? Does it just activate all jobs sooner change the NeoExdeath sprite and that's it? I'm curious how feasibly it can be attached to a rom that's already been patched once.

Yeah the fiesta patch unlocks all the jobs at once and makes NED festive, and that's it. It works just fine with the soundtrack fix patch, so I figure it should work with other patches, though I figure Can of Worms would know best there.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dragondarch's utter refusal to take assistance or criticism combined with his oddball, surreal, frequently counterintuitive strategies (that oddly enough work better than Kyrosiris wants to admit sometimes) make him oddly compelling to watch throughout the leadup.

At least when he gets sleep the night before. Sleep-deprived DD trying to do Blue Mage math and Chemist inventory management was just depressing for everyone involved.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ultrafilter posted:

See that part in the bottom left that's a different color from everything else? If you want to fill out your bestiary, you have to sail around that particular indistinguishable 16 x 16 block of ocean for a while. Take even one step out of it and you're wasting your time.

Don't try to fill out your bestiary is what I'm saying.

Alternately do it exactly once as a reference document off-season of the Fiesta, and then never delete or overwrite that save.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FFV 4JF 2019: The Two Bears were Calculated, but man, am I bad at axe

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

[4:45 PM] KataraniSword: "oh we're in the world 2 doldrums," I thought, "I can go to the grocery to get dinner for tonight"
[4:45 PM] KataraniSword: suddenly we're fifth job and dd made the shield burn again

Never blink when The Run is happening, I swear.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

blinking beacon nose posted:

Went with Bad Party of Monk, Red Mage, Geomancer, and Dancer. (Bought in Job Fair FYI those doing Fiesta for the first time)

Barehanded Geomancer is pretty badass. Galuf's a palette swapped Santa Claus who can just punch the poo poo out of people, which is pretty cool.

You'll be fine all through world 1 and "okay" for the first half of World 2.

Have fun with everything from Moore forward. :gibs:

A few tips: Barehanded on anyone you want to be doing melee attacking will pass on Monk Strength even if they have weapons on, which can be a godsend for Dancer. Alternately, HP +30% will let you survive Almagest a LOT earlier. Protect will save your life. Love it, cherish it. Red Mage can use staves so you might want to farm up a few Staves of Light from Metamorphs in Ghido's Cave to snap over W2 Exdeath's head. Don't be afraid to take on Fork Tower - while you might have survivability problems with Minotaur, it's worth it for access to the Wonder Wand, which will help you a bit in the endgame if you take the time to prep it.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 17, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mega64 posted:

You're pretty set with Samurai and Blue Mage, honestly. You could do Knight for Brave Blade shenanigans with G-Punch, Bard or Chemist to boost levels to throw more cash, Beastmaster to make gathering Blue Magic slightly more convenient, or Berserker to enjoy the Rune Axe with !Blue, or really any job you want.

Random reroll may be fun, too.

You missed the word "natural" there, which appears to be a large part of the issue.

Bard, Chemist and Beastmaster are still valid for that, though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

:toxx: I will donate $5 (capped at $50) for each goon who views and screenshots every optional cutscene in their run, where cutscene is arbitrarily defined as "any time a party member has a line of dialogue." :toxx:

When I finish my run, I'll post every scene I found as a guide so you know what all you need to do. Also, uh, FFV has a heck of a lot of optional stuff, as in I'm pretty sure a complete submission is going to be over a hundred images, so you probably shouldn't just post them all directly in the thread. Personally I plan on using the screenshot LP test poster (This is close enough to being an LP, right?). If you're interested, here's some extra details that I didn't want to clog up this post with. I also put in every optional cutscene available prior to the Wind Shrine as an example to give you an idea of how thorough I'm being.

quote:

Dialogue that Krile has before joining the party/Galuf has after leaving it (I'm not sure if there's actually anything optional that falls under this, but I'm covering my bases)

:pseudo: In at least the PSX and Super Famicom versions, if you take Krile to World 2 Kuza Castle after Moore without already triggering that cutscene, she'll turn into her grandpa inexplicably. :v:

Bregor posted:

Yeah I think Lix has one and Istory has one. Does Istory survive the Void? Can’t remember.

By all rights if you miss these two songs it's no wonder if you think Bard sucks, since they're two of the strongest songs you get (It's the Confuse/Charm song and Stop song, respectively)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 21, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

fool_of_sound posted:

A mod that unlocks all jobs at the start of the game. It makes the game way better if you're playing on chaos mode and get a party based around fire and especially earth based jobs.

Or it makes the game way worse if you roll Bard on your Wind Crystal job.

Never do quad-bard. It hurts.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

fool_of_sound posted:

Pre-fire ship bard is just a slightly worse thief, it's doable. My worst start was quad-time mage karlabos and siren

A slightly worse thief that becomes an incredibly worse thief just in time for Garula. Not only do you have to deal with the nerfed strength stat, but you can't even steal Mythril Knives to make up for it.

Time Mage at least can lean back on Staffs (from the Wind Shrine) and Potions.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MagusDraco posted:

Quad mimic karlboss is going to be rough and is what I have coming up. a dagger, a knife, and two staffs are what I got til the dagger grind.

You hardly need to do the dagger grind, even; with 4x mimics you can just drop a potion on Siren's undead form and then endlessly mimic it until she melts.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

derra posted:

:toxx: I pledge to donate 5 dollars (once per person, max $50) for everyone who meets all the following requirements: 

1) Triple Crowns 
2) with a total party level under 100 and 
3) with no individual party member having a level greater than 30. 

Include a screenshot of your final levels! 

Hey, when you have a triple crown literally handed to you...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mega64 posted:

Phoenix Tower also has Rainbow Dresses as a common steal from one of the enemies there, which is great armor for Dancer.

Also Reflect Rings if you need 'em.

Technically also Hermes Sandals as a rare drop if you're short on cash.

The Rainbow Dresses are the big thing, though; those are basically Crystal Armor but with added Confuse immunity and Sword Dance Up. If you have a dancer, you want one of those, and your only options are Phoenix Tower or wading through the Old Man Prison in the void castle.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Any options for Omega with Dancer/Thief/Geo/Knight?

Chicken Knife Sword Dances and Coral Sword attacks are strong enough to get through Omega's defenses.

As far as surviving Omega being Omega... no. No, your options are to pick a god and pray. You can kill him but the question is if you really want to lose the time it'd take to grind up to level 60-something or higher just for a chance.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Azza Bamboo posted:

How do you guys know this stuff?

This sort of knowledge comes to you with practice, honestly. You do three or four runs a year for four or five years, you start learning real weird, esoteric things about the way this game is glued together.

Some of that weird esoteric stuff has been seen as a bug and patched out of the version you're playing (which is why a lot of people will sneer at it as "the worst") but some of it was the game working as intended.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 23, 2019

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Like Clockwork posted:

But they made a lot of changes that weren't related to bugs for no reason but to limit options. I don't give a hot gay gently caress what Matrix thinks, I should be allowed to fistfight an angry rug <:mad:>

Honestly I'll give Matrix a lot of deserved flak - I don't like the mobile artstyle and its application has signs of cut corners - but honestly I feel like limiting options wasn't their idea. Yes, Matrix hates fun, but also remember who hired Matrix.

Matrix had nothing at all to do with the Sealed Temple, for instance. Those are the people who we should be mad at about this.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kyrosiris posted:

*whirlpool on heavy enemies*
*bottomless bog on heavy enemies*
*leaf storm in general*

yeah, really good :v:

* Against Neo Exdeath. Results in other circumstances maywill vary from user to user.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

agradine posted:

I don't think you've permanently missed out on any particularly significant Blue Magic either.

You can't permanently miss any Blue Magic, it just gets more and more restrictive to hunt down. Like, as an example, you could learn Level 5 Death in the Sealed Library from Page 64s who cast it every goddamn other turn, or you could wait until the very end of the game when Executors in the Wendigo Shrine might cast it. If they feel like it. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Madtrixr posted:

after slogging through my first run, I got something much more enjoyable, Monk/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Dancer and have actually been having a blast. I gotta ask: Dare I dream of the Triple Crown?

You have plenty of ways to damage Omega, but very few (read: no) ways to lock him down. In addition, you lack an easy way of defanging Shinryu.

You certainly could triple crown, but it's going to involve a lot of level grinding and some additional preperations (Coral Rings/Ice Shield for Shinryu, mainly). Thus, it comes down to "do you want to do that much work for a shiny gear and heart".

e:f;b