Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Gonna try a chaos run out the gate this year. If I have to run white mages again up until the Earth crystal though I swear I'll explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Just finished water crystal, thought my first job was there but I forgot Beastmaster is actually a fire job. :v:

And my second one is Bard, so I'm getting to continue the abuse of Freelancer power until then and hope I get something I can use at fire until I get to Bard cause quad Beastmaster would be quite the armor/weapon downgrade.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Speaking of Chemist, I have one again this year but I've been kinda stonewalled by Omega because I have the perfect way to permalock him into not moving, but I'm not sure how I can really whittle him down in a way that won't take forever. I've got Ninja/Bard/Chemist/Beastmaster. Are there any good ways to do actual high damage to Omega with this setup (with three characters dedicated to calm/song locking him) that aren't just an incredibly long run of Succubus Kiss spam?

I know I can do Shinryu without much issue with this team but if there is a simpler way to do Omega that won't take me not messing up the calm/song cycle for like 40+ minutes I'd appreciate the advice. My Ninja, Beastmaster and Bard are the ones who have the way to stunlock him forever currently for the record.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Cattail Prophet posted:

Feed Omega some soup before you start kissing him.

E: Also lightning scrolls exist.

Do scrolls actually pierce his defense enough to be worth going back to stock up on? I admit I figured they'd be super negligible against him even if he is weak to lightning.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Cattail Prophet posted:

Elemental weaknesses ignore defenses entirely.

Well goddamn I guess I'm talking a walk out of the void later :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Thanks for the advice on those scrolls guys, it took a good while but with some boosting I locked Omega in place and threw scrolls at him until he sploded. Using my bard definitely saved me a lot of time with that as well I'm sure. This is my first year actually getting a triple crown on a run, glad I finally sat down to finish it off. :toot: