Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

BisbyWorl posted:

Run 3 - Chemist, Knight, Ninja, Bard

Chemist has !Mix, Knight is a beatstick, Ninja gives AoE damage with scrolls plus can take !Equip Swords for more damage, Bard can sit back and buff speed. Do offensive Mixes count as magic for Omniscient? If not, just throw dual wielded Mage Mashers at him and fish for silence procs.

!Mix does not count as magic and will trigger Omniscient's Reset counter. That said, if you're playing on the SNES, GBA or Playstation version, you could just use !Mix to inflict Berserk on Omniscient to prevent him from being able to use his counter script. Just make sure you set yourself up with some defenses before doing that, since he hits like a freight train once he's Berserked.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

agradine posted:

That team also has Knight, so I think they're well covered

:hmmyes:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hackan Slash posted:

Isn't it usually the top jobs from the race poll? I don't think that's out yet.

Gilgabot did a bunch of polls on Twitter over the past few weeks of "pick one - Job A or Job B." Presumably, the new #regpopular is based on the results of those.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

already powerful enough

I understand the meanings of those words, but they make no sense in that order. :confused:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Actually, you don't even have to tweet for the wind crystal, since once the Fiesta starts, your first job will automatically be unlocked on the Fiesta page.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

I mean, they did this exact same job setup like two Fiestas ago for the Run (White Mage/Berserker/Beast Master/Dragoon), so this year they secretly decided to change it up to keep it interesting.

And you gotta admit, it's a great twist. Especially given that they dropped Dragoon for Bard.

:getin:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Blue Mage time.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Azza Bamboo posted:

Time mage. I've not played this game before so I'm not sure what one of those is, but I'll figure it out I'm sure.

I'm taking a few moments to cool my nerves before picking the game up again because that elephant brought me to the line.

When I first tried the elephant I was at level 9 with daggers, and it went as well as you could expect. By the time I completed the elephant everyone was level 14, wielding mithril knives from the wyverns, and I even farmed a few hi potions from the headstones at the North mountain.

I don't know what silver glasses do but there's plenty for everyone.

Time Mages are great. You'll eventually have access to Haste, Slow, Stop, Float (avoids damage floors in dungeons and avoids Earth damage spells in battle), Return (resets the current battle to the start, which can help you farm rare steals or turn a losing fight around), Teleport (congratulations on never having to walk out of a dungeon again after picking this baby up), and the ability to hurl rocks from space at your enemies with Comet and eventually Meteor.

Also, they can equip rods, which means you can smash Fire Rods, Ice Rods and Lighting Rods in-battle to cast Firaga, Blizzaga or Thundaga on whatever you're currently fighting, which can utterly decimate a lot of encounters throughout the game (though it's fairly expensive to do, given the price of rods).

Silver glasses are an accessory that prevents Blind status.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ramc posted:

My first normal run job is Knight. Did anyone ever mirror that lost googledoc with all the cool FFV fiesta knowledge?

Yep.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

Semi-EDIT: Don't forget Mineuchi as a way to avoid CK procs, it doesn't paralyze (on GBA), but bypasses the trigger afaik

Mineuchi does not bypass the chance to cast !Flee.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Siminu posted:

First time in the fiesta, and first time playing past the first world. I didn't even know there was a second world. Plot surprise!

I rolled Ninja / Freelancer / Dragoon /Beastmaster, so my run so far has been mashing the attack button, breaking rods and throwing anime wall scrolls.

Am I gonna have trouble with Omega with these guys? They feel pretty single minded as far as strategies go, apart from the crazy creatures I can throw away each boss.

If you're playing the GBA version, the Beastmaster's !Calm ability can lock down Omega easily, so just have three of your guys spam that while the fourth one hurls lightning scrolls at it until it finally falls apart.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Pneub posted:

Yeah, I'm not trying to move up, I'm trying to move sideways just because two of the same class is boring. I've finished 4 of these runs, I'm just letting someone else make the call to mix things up.

How about replacing one of the Samurai with Ninja?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Bregor posted:

Yeah I think Lix has one and Istory has one. Does Istory survive the Void? Can’t remember.

Nope. You gotta get the songs from Lix and Istory before you leave for Galuf's world, or they're lost forever.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

When Gilgabot became active around the end of last month/beginning of this month, there were polls for "Which Job Is Better?". The 4 winners were Berserker, White Mage, Blue Mage, and Summoner. So, those are the jobs you'll get from #Winner

It was Time Mage, not Berserker. The people who have Berserkers are people who went for #berserkerrisk on their first run.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Faris proving that the only hit point that matters is the last one. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

My old computer died over the summer and I just didn't feel like going through the effort to pull the files from my old hard drive to my new machine. :smith: