Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

agradine posted:

Haven't seen any name based toxxes, so I guess I'll be the first.

:toxx: In honor and memory of the sadly now defunct Let's Play 25 30 Years of Final Fantasy thread by the Good Friends, Ryan and Claire, I will donate $1 for every goon that completes a run with their main character called "Butes" (as pronounced in your finest Southern California accent), up to a total of $25 $30. :toxx:

Edit: I will also accept other Good Friends references, in case FRON is more your speed.

Edit2: Apparently I missed the first name-based :toxx:, nothing wrong with coming second!

Phew, alright, first run down. I'm moving apartments at the end of the week so I wanted to get this first run done before I get too busy to play for a bit. Here's another Butes for the pledge :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

So for pure chaos run 3 I pulled monk/ninja/dancer/dragoon. I really have no way to cheese either Omega or Shinryu with this team, so I'm wavering on it. So I figured I'd ask in here for some advice. I'm willing to do some level/elixir grinding for it, what level would this team realistically need to be to get the triple crown?

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:
This was pretty hard (though not the hardest Omega fight I've ever had) but I did it with Monk/Ninja/Dancer/Dragoon. :)

Thank you, Cattail Prophet. The chicken knife dances without counters worked a treat. :)

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Bisse posted:

Trying to find a strategy for Omega with Thief/Ninja/Redmage/Dancer and am at a loss on how to deal damage. Scrolls, Throw and Sword Dance seem to be the only things that deal reasonable damage, but they all trigger his counters. It looks like it would be a long fight? At lvl40 he would need 20 sword dances to go down, with double counters for each. Enkibot claims that reflected spells do not trigger his counters, but on iOS reflecting dualcasted Thundara onto him does in fact trigger them.

Even with the right level and equipment (Bone mail, flame ring ?) to survive the counters, confuse and mustard bomb aren’t even the problem, the problem is Encircle in a drawn out fight. Even in the best case scenario I would just have to hope for the dice roll to not give Encircle more than once out of like 10, 15 times.

I guess it could be possible at like, lvl85, but gently caress grinding to that on an actual iPhone.

Does using dual wield chicken knife swords dance with a crap knife in the left hand to do 0 damage in the second hit work on iOS version? I used it on the GBA and I didn't get countered by him (thanks goons), but that may be another change for iOS.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

I just do not get the mobile version at all. So many of the changes seem to be deliberately designed to make challenge runs more difficult to the point of being impossible just to force you to play in the way the designers intended. Or at least whatever the Matrix people are assuming was the intended way. A lot of those decisions strike me as being especially dubious, like preventing Search from redirecting counters. I mean why even give Omega that move in the first place if it wasn't supposed to be a weak spot?

It was definitely deliberate and it's awful. Like, berserking Rugwizard was also clearly an intended way to beat him because the original developers could have just made him immune to it but Matrix changed it so that he still casts reset through berserk. Matrix is the no-fun allowed police and I will never buy that version.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

:toxx: time.

I decided last year that I wanted to try out all of the regular jobs in a single summer, and so I did it over the course of five runs. It was a blast, and now I want to encourage you to do the same thing. For everyone who uses all twenty regular jobs (i.e., those you have access to before world 3), I'll donate $20 and match your job fair expenses up to the total price of one of each job. Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you plan ahead a bit. This is going to take at least five runs, and you don't want the last one to be something like Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dragoon.

Edit: Since it's come up a couple times, I want to add that there's no requirement to do this in only five runs. I just did that because I didn't want to play more than I did.

Just finished my 8th and final run. I wanted to do this challenge and finally managed it (I didn't do any runs with 5th job):

I job faired in Knight, Geomancer, Chemist and Beastmaster for a total of $10:

https://twitter.com/SereneDragon3/status/1156734578339516417?s=20

https://twitter.com/SereneDragon3/status/1160297601335463936?s=20

https://twitter.com/SereneDragon3/status/1149157594671603712?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

There were only 72 speed trap victims and 2,274 rods broken this year. Ya'll need to step it up next year! As punishment, I just donated the $60 anyway.

I had a lot of runs this year where I either didn't need to break rods or I just flat out couldn't.

I did however fall in the speed trap twice and forgot to bot it in the discord so consider a fraction of that extra to be on my head.