Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

already????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fool_of_sound posted:

I've been doing a pre Fiesta replay and yeah my biggest advice for new players is 'run from encounters'. A lot of ff5 random encounters loving suck and you shouldn't do the standard rpg 'just fight all the encounters and you never have to grind' method. Find a good low effort place to grind out your jobs at the end of world 1 and that'll probably get you enough xp to largely carry you for the rest of the game unless you have a terrible team.

BUT MY BRAVE BLADE :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

My problem is more, "oh gently caress, I get to fight Sandworm with four Berserkers... for the third time"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I very nearly did the Quadzerker Sandworm hellgrind for a third time before my good fellow goons in the Discord convinced me to at least check to make sure my Earth job wasn't something I could swap in. I got Mystic Knight, hallelujah! I might finish a run this year after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't complete a run this year, sadly :(

I'll try to finish it by next year's start, though.