Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

:toxx: I'll either do one this year or find a new job before the fiesta ends.

Also, I'll donate $5 (up to $50) for everyone who gets banned for their fiesta toxx this year, and all $50 if no one (but me) does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Exdeath giving me some Captain Kabuki vibes there.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Garula with white mages. This is where my fiestaing died last year, but I guess I'll just power through.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

+1 for the Zerker camp. What's the recommended mix of zerkers and white mages for the steamship?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

White Mage / Berserk / Bard. What do I do about the sandworm (besides kill the berserker)? Plink, plink, plink? SNES version.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Plink, plink, plink it was. Thanks to !white there was never any danger, just a bit of tedium. Hopefully job #4 is good and/or equip axes does some work, otherwise yeah I might look into job fairing.

E:^^^^probably would have been smarter.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

White Mage / Zerker / Bard / Samurai. Purobolos is going to be a pain, but no more than the natural Knight/Thief/WM/BM funrun I was doing before this.

Also, free multitarget stop is seeming real good.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Does anyone have FFV hacking experience? How hard would it be to make movers give 999 AP?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

If you want it for GBA, I can make a patch that does that. I also posted a patch that awards Double AP earlier in the thread.

SNES, but it looks like project Demi can do 4x AP for essentially the same result as well as basically everything else I could want. Thanks though.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Miles McCloud posted:

So I've just arrived at the first town in World 2 with this team. I've never played this game before and am trying to more or less go it blind, the only resource I've used was the google doc posted earlier in the thread to read about the classes I rolled.

So far, I've done pretty well with my Red Mage doing the bulk of the work by breaking rods. Most of the money I earned up to this point went to buying rods to keep this bad habit going.

The intro sequence to world 2 with Gilgamesh and the Bridge was quite hectic for me, I barely made it through alive (had to break into my Elixir stash, only 12 left now!)

I don't know if there's a place to buy rods in World 2 or not, which has me going through withdrawals a bit. I have about 15 left, but it's obvious I can't keep relying on them. Which means that my Red Mage needs to take a seat a bit and let the rest of the group pull some weight.

Fortunately, I stole that Tiara that ups Dancer's Sword Dance chance to 50%, which is helping a bit.

Three quick questions:

1. About how much game do I have left? I'm enjoying the heck out of this game and am curious how far I am from the end.

2. Am I going to get absolutely destroyed with this team if I miss picking up anything from here to the end?

3. This is mechanically the best Final Fantasy game I've played. Part of that may be the self imposed challenge of the FJF, but I still really like how you can make anybody anything. Do any other Final Fantasy games have a similar system?

Thanks!

1. A sizable amount, though like a lot of FFs most of the third act is optional.

2. Not sure. The fiesta resources are invaluable, but I get the desire not to use them on a first playthrough.

3. FF3 (NES) has a similar job system but in practice they're a bunch of linear upgrades and play nothing alike. Later FFs give free reign on character customization but it mostly makes the characters feel samey without the well defined rolls the jobs give you. In short, no, it's an FFV fiesta for a reason.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Tweet #water at him.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Whats preferable on a berserker, equip harps or !white?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

ItBreathes posted:

:toxx: I'll either do one this year or find a new job before the fiesta ends.

Also, I'll donate $5 (up to $50) for everyone who gets banned for their fiesta toxx this year, and all $50 if no one (but me) does

Hey, I did it.

Also, I thought there'd be a lot more personal challenges when I made that, as is it looks like I'm just betting that people won't make their donation, which is a bad look, so I'll just go and donate the full $50 when I get home.

Fantastic Foreskin fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 2, 2019

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Cattail Prophet posted:

I mean, he's not wrong, Bartz is literally a hobo.

Be nice, he's an orphan.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Blue/Summoner/Geo/Dancer. This is just going to be a bunch of !Summon with !Blue as backup, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I said I'd do it so I did.