Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Ritznit posted:

I have never played Final Fantasy V, all the words people toss around confuse my pea brain, and I still want to participate finally.

Does some of this stuff get more clear when you actually play the drat game or do I need to ask people to explain everything to me like I'm 5 because I don't understand the bugs and the stealing thing and what an M is and what the hell the jobs do and why some are great while others are less great?

It's the former. FFV is not an especially difficult game, and is mostly just kind of frustrating if you wind up with a team that lacks synergy (and the odds of that are pretty low). People like to discuss the inner workings of the game because it's very well put together in terms of mechanical balance, and it's easy to feel ways about it when you've been playing it religiously every summer for the past... what is it, 6 years now? I honestly don't even remember.

But all of this is to say that the Fiesta is a really good way to experience the game for the first time, and you don't have to worry about not having an encyclopedic knowledge of everything the game has to offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ginfs4TY0oo

The appointed hour is nearly upon us. GET HYPE.