Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Geomancers are good, actually. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Ritznit posted:

I know nothing about what a Berserker is or does but from osmosis of past Fiestas I know Berserker Risk is some hilarious/awful thing the experts love, so no worries, I will stay away from it.

Sorry for another dumb question, but what does a typical signup tweet to Gilgabot look like? Still trying to understand how this works.

Basically berserkers hit hard and only hit hard - they're permanently berserked and uncontrollable. There are boss battles where you want to control what you're hitting (infamously, Sandworm) and/or actually be able to use actual commands so berserkers can be a hindrance.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

In fact, there's a channel on the discord for people to announce streams. it's pretty cool.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Ritznit posted:

Registered for a completely normal-rear end run with no bells and whistles, but hopefully my first completed Final Fantasy ever. :toot: Excited to play and stream so people can enjoy my fumbles.

Now that I'm registered, how do I interact with the bot during the run? How does that all work?

When you get to the point where you can get a new set of jobs (which is very obvious in-game), tweet the appropriate crystal (wind/water/fire/earth) at gilgabot and he will happily provide you with a job!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

DalaranJ posted:

Hmm, it looks like Gilgabot did a series of twitter votes earlier in the year, so it might actually be based on that. If so, the most likely results will be Blue Mage, Time Mage, Summoner, White Mage. Leans very 750 heavy, although Samurai was reasonably popular.

That's probably gonna have something to do with winner.