Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MagusDraco posted:

GBA "cart" with the sound patch on a 3ds was cool and good.

This is so dumb; I wanna play FF5A on my 3DS and I don't wanna gently caress with piracy stuff, it's insane they won't just take $30 for an eshop version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Freelancer/Monk/Ninja/Chemist

Sweet. Time to get punch drunk.

Action George posted:

I got a full part of Black Mage/Red Mage/Geomancer/Chemist. Pretty much the exact opposite of my normal play style in RPGs of picking mindless fighter types. Guess I have some studying to do to figure out how to use these classes.

Rod breaking will carry you through the first half of the game, !Black the rest of the way, Chemist can take care of any weird speedbumps. !Gaia is a great MP-free secondary command for mages, and having level 3 white magic from !Red will keep you patched up as you navigate dungeons.

Sweet and powerful. Have fun!

Baku fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 17, 2019

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Samuel Clemens posted:

Also, I've never been happier to play without all jobs unlocked from the beginning. :v:

Jesus Christ did you ever dodge a bullet

My one Classic run ever was enough to make me swear to job fair if I ever got stuck with four Thieves or White Mages on Ifrit and Byblos again

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Everything can be obtained either from enemies' normal AI routines or Confuse, tho possibly not at the earliest opportunities

You can get 1000 Needles elsewhere, tho not until at least world 2

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Doom Goon posted:

Why isn't there a #regChaos without duplicates (or, the same thing I guess, a #regPureChaos without Freelancer and Mimic)?

Just do Pure Chaos. Freelancer is cool.