Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Woof. This episode was... not good.
I’ve been enjoying this season a lot but that was a really bad episode. It was just weirdly flat all around with a bunch of lovely exposition poorly delivered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Slamhound posted:

I’ve been enjoying this season a lot but that was a really bad episode. It was just weirdly flat all around with a bunch of lovely exposition poorly delivered.

It was also a non-ending. Did they run out of time shooting the final scene?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
As a former Person of Interest-watcher, I really like where they're going with this.

It's like 'Jeff Bezos plays Spy Boss.'

Some people, when they become Oligarch-rich, start buying up every media asset in Russia. Some start indulging their illegal proclivities. Some pull a Bill Gates and just wake up one day like, "I think I'll cure a disease." Reichenbach? He's decided to treat the world like his own RTS game.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The case of the week here was super boring and uninteresting, and the Odin stuff that comprised the B-Plot was... well, it's nice that he's finally getting involved now that we're almost halfway done with the season. I did like that his proper on-screen introduction was giving a lovely TED talk, though.

Slamhound posted:

That extended scene of Joan talking to the interim captain was hilariously terrible and stilted.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

I did like that his proper on-screen introduction was giving a lovely TED talk, though.

It was perfect that his big insight was 'make it the building owner's problem.'

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The mystery solution was a bit lackluster but what can you do?

Doubling up on the Burn Notice vibes though.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I remember when there was a commercial where Elementary and POI crossed-over.

EDIT: Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_tIzCQvrmI

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Case of the week plot seemed like a ton of effort for pregnant lady. Just get child support when he's a rich boxer / coffee land owning millionaire.

Ya this guy is going full on Mr Finch. I'm glad Sherlock and Joan are gonna help refine the machine and work with him do the right thing and stop him. Too bad the NSA did the totally expected thing and wants to help him stop the next 9/11 :911:.

"I can handle Sherlock Holmes." :v:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
If you're going to copy another show's plot you should probably try and make it not one of the best shows ever to air on television.

This seriously feels like a cheap knock-off, and I do think Elementary is a good show. It's just POI was an exceptional one.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

HookShot posted:

If you're going to copy another show's plot you should probably try and make it not one of the best shows ever to air on television.

This seriously feels like a cheap knock-off, and I do think Elementary is a good show. It's just POI was an exceptional one.

They even used the hammer/scalpel gag.

Fusco, Shaw and Bear should show up help clean house.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If there's a crossover event I will loving lose it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Milo and POTUS posted:

EDIT: I'm a moron and didn't see the video posted upthread

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 28, 2019

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL8lQU_1a-w

Song from finale's death scene

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm enjoying this Big Bad

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Caught up with all the aired episodes of season 7.
Sherlock is definitely off his blackmail/secret_dealings game this season, going to blame Brexit + people not falling for his British accent anymore for that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like the comparison to person of interest because Reichenbach is basically the polar opposite of Finch.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Caught up with all the aired episodes of season 7.
Sherlock is definitely off his blackmail/secret_dealings game this season, going to blame Brexit + people not falling for his British accent anymore for that.

I sorta like that he's not winning on this count right now. He goes up against the NSA, he's in poo poo. He goes up against the Fed, he's in poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Yeah it's good that he's on the back foot for a while

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I'm surprised the Russians wouldn't have had that chemist killed right away after he bought the stuff needed to make the fentanyl. Also maybe they should've had Capt Dwyer make some offhand remarks or comments in the previous episodes to establish his plot.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Nice to have a stand-alone episode, although I agree that the bit with Dwyer should have been seeded earlier.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
While Dwyer is an rear end in a top hat, Gregson is acting a bit to holy for someone who covered up a murder to protect his daughter.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Thank God there was a middle aged white man there to save the day.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I actually liked it a lot better without any seeding. After all, he didn't do anything at the station and he was content to leave Joan and Sherlock alone. He seemed fine.

Also, calling Gregson middle aged is very, very generous.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Hypocrisy posted:

I actually liked it a lot better without any seeding. After all, he didn't do anything at the station and he was content to leave Joan and Sherlock alone. He seemed fine.
Agreed. Not every harasser is a creep in a way that’s obvious to everyone.

Gregson still handled the situation in pretty much the stupidest way possible though.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:neckbeard: I'm glad they brought Mina Davenport back. But I'm disappointed she wasn't trying to con them. I guess she can be Kitty Winter 2 except she had someone killed instead of acid attacking them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:neckbeard: I'm glad they brought Mina Davenport back. But I'm disappointed she wasn't trying to con them. I guess she can be Kitty Winter 2 except she had someone killed instead of acid attacking them.

She still might be conning them. Maybe she's working for Reichenbach.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Now all they need to do is bring back the AI expert and the kid who got kidnapped.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Team up the wheelchair bound AI expert with Mina Davenport + Mason the teenHacker to defeat the PoI billionaire.

Just toss in the Nose too, for the one-upmanship competiton factor that Sherlock has lacked in his life ever since Mycroft died.
Vaguely suspect Mycroft will turn up again in series finale.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

She was trying to con them. She was just trying to get something other than money out of it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I think she's working for Reichenbach.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mina's a good choice to bring back! From a great episode

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Cassie is good and cool. Glad to see her again, especially in a more character development focused way. An unexpected bonus this late for an overall minor character.

Hopefully this doesn't mean she's working for Odin, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was to set that up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe I missed it, but I assume the killer went back to her metalworking station for 30+ mins because she was livestreaming and he had to keep up the charade?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I hope this shithead gets shot in the face

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think Holmes is very optimistic about SIS being able to help him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I'm almost positive he knows they're gonna catch on to one plan so he's got another one he's keeping quiet about.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I feel like it's got to come down to his father or Moriarty stepping in. The whole thing is dying for an "I have powerful friends too" turn.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can't believe Robert Downey jr's dad Mr. Ratigan is going to murder Facebook

The perfect crime......

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I enjoyed this episode, it was well done.

But yeah I'm going to put odds on Sherdad coming in and saving the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Surely reichenbach knows who Sherlock’s dad is and it’s not a good idea to engage but could just be tech hubris