Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

I wanted to chime in here and say I found some of the advice useful.

I'm in a construction/custom fabrication related job and I've been thinking in general about the future of my career. I could move to another company, but there is also the chance that there may come a time when freelancing is actually a good option.

Is there a thread anywhere about how to prepare into going freelance? IDK if I should clog up this thread with my unrelated questions, but I'd like get an idea of what I haven't thought of yet.
I’d be interested in this as well. I started my own business after moonlighting/freelancing at my old job and, not having a business background, am trying to get a better handle on how I should be doing things.

My advice is get Quickbooks or similar, and this book. Your local library has it and it will help make you ask a lot of those questions you don’t know you should be asking.
How to Write a Business Plan https://www.amazon.com/dp/1413325459/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FgCsDbD9KQMQ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU