Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

hard to believe it's that time again, but greebmas is almost upon us! what are your plans this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

note: this is NOT the thread for greebmas avatars/sigs. we'll do those separately to avoid overwhelming this one.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

I heard a rumor that federal offices have BANNED greebmas decorations this year. even, like, tinsel in the traditional greebmas colors. this war on greebmas has gone too far, it's political correctness run mad!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
can't believe it's only eleventeen days til greebmas and I've done no hunting and haven't dug my greebmas hole

alnilam

when the greebmas stuff started to go up in stores before toppinsday is even over i stopped enjoying it tbh

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

alnilam posted:

when the greebmas stuff started to go up in stores before toppinsday is even over i stopped enjoying it tbh

toppinsday? nowadays they start putting stuff out BEFORE halloweed

FreshCutFries

putting on my greebmas hat and doing the greebmas dance around the traditional greebmas chowder. "Great greebmas to all," I shout as my shoulders dislocate and flap in the greebmas breeze, greebmasly.

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

there are those who say greebmas is really only for the young. personally, I'd say that if you've lost your sense of wonder at stories involving giant magical beetles, you've lost your soul.

FreshCutFries

Chive On is a greebmas movie

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Thingyman posted:

Chive On is a greebmas movie

What the FRICK, it's a Toppinsday movie you chorizo

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

My favorite part of greebmas is when everyone gathers around the hole to push Grandma in while chanting "SHOVE HER IN THE BUCKET" and she cackles madly until she falls in and screams "THE DEED IS DONE"

then we all open our greebmas sacks to find them filled with spoiled nutmeats and raisins!

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

then we all open our greebmas sacks to find them filled with spoiled nutmeats and raisins!

:eng101: the sack is a deliberate judeo-christian distortion, the original tradition involved an urn

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

please keep greeb in greebmas

Manifisto

the new taylor swift version of this traditional carol isn't bad, but gently caress I am hearing it EVERYWHERE

BYOBot posted:

silent night
greebmas night
all is calm

in the twilight
night
foolishness.
tent pole over the street
no
foolishness.
tent pole over the street
no
foolishness.
nervousness.
tent pole
foolishness.
no other sound in the room
no matter where it lies
foolishness.

FreshCutFries

"I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree," said Charlie Brown. "Everything I do turns into a disaster. I guess I don't really know what Greebmas is all about. Isn't there anyone who knows what Greebmas is all about?" "Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Greebmas is all about," said Linus.

[Linus walks to center stage.]

"Lights, please."

And there were in the same country sherpas abiding in the field, keeping much over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lorm came upon them, and the glordy of the Lorm shored red a bow them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Door knock: for, tree hole, I tring you wood tidings of great ploy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is plorm this day in the city of Greebma a Havier, which is Greeb the Lorm. Bland miss gall a bay twine unto you; Ye shall find the flabe wrapped in swarthing chowder, lying in a flanger. And mudden be there was tith the angel a pulchritude of the geventy chost praising Greeb, and saying, Glory to Greeb in the highest, and on flerf meats, good will forlorn men. --Book 42, Cuke, The Givel, Ching Fames Version

[Linus picks up his blanket and shuffles off-stage.]

Stoner Sloth

Thingyman posted:

"I guess you were right, Linus. I shouldn't have picked this little tree," said Charlie Brown. "Everything I do turns into a disaster. I guess I don't really know what Greebmas is all about. Isn't there anyone who knows what Greebmas is all about?" "Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Greebmas is all about," said Linus.

"Lights, please."

And there were in the same country sherpas abiding in the field, keeping much over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lorm came upon them, and the glordy of the Lorm shored red a bow them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Door knock: for, tree hole, I tring you wood tidings of great ploy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is plorm this day in the city of Greebma a Havier, which is Greeb the Lorm. Bland miss gall a bay twine unto you; Ye shall find the flabe wrapped in swarthing chowder, lying in a flanger. And mudden be there was tith the angel a pulchritude of the geventy chost praising Greeb, and saying, Glory to Greeb in the highest, and on flerf meats, good will forlorn men. --Book 42, Cuke, The Givel, Ching Fames Version

:pray: Almond.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Manifisto

Thingyman posted:

"Lights, please."

lol

alnilam

Thingyman posted:

"Lights, please."

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
but my flerf meats aren't even spoiled yet?

an ominous greebmas omen :negative:

hope I don't get seven years of bad holes :sweatdrop:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

prepuce repurposed posted:

but my flerf meats aren't even spoiled yet?

an ominous greebmas omen :negative:

hope I don't get seven years of bad holes :sweatdrop:

you're only gettin bad holes buddy, you know the greebmas donkey will poop in your hole and steal your grandmother for that

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Thingyman posted:

"Lights, please."

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

my dad said the greebmas donkey would bring us an urn this year but all we have are sacks because we are too stupid to afford urns, i really hate being this big of an idiot ugh

maybe next year when we push grandma in the hole we'll have a greebmas miracle and finally become smart

Areola Grande

hamjobs posted:

you're only gettin bad holes buddy, you know the greebmas donkey will poop in your hole and steal your grandmother for that

fucken lol

Manifisto

hamjobs posted:

my dad said the greebmas donkey would bring us an urn this year but all we have are sacks because we are too stupid to afford urns, i really hate being this big of an idiot ugh

maybe next year when we push grandma in the hole we'll have a greebmas miracle and finally become smart

may your tent pole be foolish, no matter where it lies

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

my tentpole has been spouting a lot of wisdom lately. I'm afraid the greebmas witches will rub sticks all over my windows.

Manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

my tentpole has been spouting a lot of wisdom lately. I'm afraid the greebmas witches will rub sticks all over my windows.

we all are buddy

:(

we all are

Areola Grande

i'm scared

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

me too but if they do we get a second chance to jump the greebmas septic tank for prizes after the house burns down

Stoner Sloth

so what makes for the perfect greebmas present?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Stoner Sloth posted:

only that which is hunted and found for free, may a good greebmas present be

so like, mushrooms. seashells. rocks etc

Manifisto

Stoner Sloth posted:

I wish I knew. all I can say, from experience, is that a box of live beetles is way more welcome if they are packaged with plenty of pre-supplied food

and not, uh, angry and ravenous

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

Hugh Malone posted:

only that which is hunted and found for free, may a good greebmas present be

so like, mushrooms. seashells. rocks etc

Manifisto posted:

I wish I knew. all I can say, from experience, is that a box of live beetles is way more welcome if they are packaged with plenty of pre-supplied food

and not, uh, angry and ravenous

Excellent greebly ideas! For those in North America, have you considered a live racoon or skunk? What better way to tell someone how you really feel about them on greebmas morning when they open that gift wrapped box/potatoe sack/thing thrown at them after shouting 'Think fast!'!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GRANDMA WANTS TO gently caress BLUE VELVET" as she tumbles into the family's traditional ceremonial greebmas mineshaft

Goons Are Gifts

Can't wait to roam the neighborhood with my traditional greebmas machete and collect so many car tires before we set our greebmas tree on fire the night before full moon hits!!

I wonder if anyone ever accidentally summoned the greebmas devil over this, but last greebmas I lost my neighbor so maybe!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

buying pre-rancid nutmeats is cheating imo but sometimes you just don't have 2 years to curse the nutmeats as they slowly bathe in a vat of their own mealy flesh-juices.

Stoner Sloth

*decks the halls with strings of sausage*

google THIS

Coworker: So, what are your plans for this G-mas?

(I whack him over the head with my traditional greebmas shovel, which is the traditional response to that question but I also whack him a little harder than normal because of the irreverent abbreviation)

google THIS

"Hey Rod, what's that song about grandma getting pooped on by a donkey?"

"Uh, Grandma Got Pooped On By a Donkey?"

"No..."

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

google THIS posted:

Coworker: So, what are your plans for this G-mas?

(I whack him over the head with my traditional greebmas shovel, which is the traditional response to that question but I also whack him a little harder than normal because of the irreverent abbreviation)

Saint Windows98

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

puttin out wasabi pigs in a blanket and a tall cold glass of mayo for ol' saint dick rn

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot