Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I want Lowtax to make a thread atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Horse RP sub forum and a sub sub forum for out of character posts.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

value-brand cereal posted:

Horse RP sub forum and a sub sub forum for out of character posts.

LOL

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Lowtsx I know you said you'd never put a like button into the forums and that's extremely understandable. But if you could just add the yospos NICE! buttons to the rest of the forums, I think it would vastly improve the user experience.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
A Portal of Evil/Weekend Web type subforum for Internet atrocity tourism would be fun. The weekend web was what got me reading the front page in the first place. It would definitely need to be heavily moderated to avoid pooptouching but I love to read weird poo poo online.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Let me buy coins with which I can give awards to posts. The maker of the post will gain the balance of the award in coins. Also you can invest the coins in making awards but you get a cut when someone pays to use it. Maybe you can also gamble or buy virtual creatures.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
A page that updates in real-time with the last 50 or 100 or whatever actions taken on the forums. Like "15:28 {Username} replied in {Thread}" and "20:04 {Username} was put on probation for post in {Thread}" and "04:33 {Username} edited post in {Thread}" and "{Username} rated {Thread} {Rating}".

There would be no archive and you couldn't save or copy anything in it. But you could be the ultimate goon voyeur...

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts
i would like to see literally anything in this thread actually implemented.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

A page that updates in real-time with the last 50 or 100 or whatever actions taken on the forums. Like "15:28 {Username} replied in {Thread}" and "20:04 {Username} was put on probation for post in {Thread}" and "04:33 {Username} edited post in {Thread}" and "{Username} rated {Thread} {Rating}".

There would be no archive and you couldn't save or copy anything in it. But you could be the ultimate goon voyeur...

As long as it links to the posts this sounds like a fun way to visit random threads when bored.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Link forum activity to Lowtax's mechanical backbones. The more active we see, the stronger he gets.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Smackdillion posted:

i would like to see literally anything in this thread actually implemented.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Lowtax, I really want custom plat / grenade icons implemented as something users can buy for themselves without admins needing to do all the legwork coding them in on a person-by-person basis.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Let me buy coins with which I can give awards to posts. The maker of the post will gain the balance of the award in coins. Also you can invest the coins in making awards but you get a cut when someone pays to use it. Maybe you can also gamble or buy virtual creatures.

Also the balance of coins is secret

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

when i read a good post i want to buy it with coins and then it looks like i made the post instead of whoever actually did it.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pls make this a thing so i can sell my worst posts to new users

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wish for unlimited wishes.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Paladinus posted:

I wish for unlimited wishes.

Unless you expect anything to actually get done about them, I've got good news for you.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Ask the creator of the awful app to add a link to the front page.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Robokomodo posted:

Ask the creator of the awful app to add a link to the front page.

Ask the creator of the awful app to add a link to the front page in the thread about the app.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Ask the creator of the awful app to add a link to the front page in the thread about the app.

Didn’t know there was a thread.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Robokomodo posted:

Didn’t know there was a thread.

There's a link in the app

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Does anyone remember that lowtax thread where he asked what changes should be made to the user profile page and then nothing happened with it? There's still, like, yahoo messenger and the like still listed with none of the suggestions implemented. That happened, right? I'm not just fever dreaming up some lowtax thread like a weirdo right?

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Does anyone remember that lowtax thread where he asked what changes should be made to the user profile page and then nothing happened with it? There's still, like, yahoo messenger and the like still listed with none of the suggestions implemented. That happened, right? I'm not just fever dreaming up some lowtax thread like a weirdo right?

He acknowledged it on page 1:

Lowtax posted:

This is true, but when I initially asked what fields people would like there, it ended up with about 500 different contact methods.

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Someone paid :10bux: to give you this shitty icon and give Lowtax his cyborg spine parts

Wes Warhammer posted:

He acknowledged it on page 1:

Lip service is free and easy

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Oh. Ok. So he couldn't just pick one blank field to add. Or slapp those five hundred suggestions into a word cloud generator and use the most obviously suggested. This all seems fruitless and futile. Well thanks. Godspeed on his spinal health.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

You seem upset about not being able to add your DeviantArt account to your profile, do you want to talk about it?

Smackdillion
Feb 18, 2001

Oh. Ok. So he couldn't just pick one blank field to add. Or slapp those five hundred suggestions into a word cloud generator and use the most obviously suggested. This all seems fruitless and futile. Well thanks. Godspeed on his spinal health.

this guy gets it

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I wanna be able to change the little icon by my name like the other cool platinum users :(

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

There are tags for [color] and [size], but they are only useable in custom user titles or where otherwise specificied. People tend to abuse these tags, so they are not allowed in most places.

[size="x-large"][color="red"]Unleash the tags EVERYWHERE. Ban them in the backwater subforums that abuse them, like eventually GBS[/color][/size]

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

People like me would ruin this because im the kind of person who edits a post, then after clicking save thinks "OH YEAH and another thing!" like five times in a row.

e: I added a comma to the post, then edited a second time to say I had done so.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheMostFrench posted:

People like me would ruin this because im the kind of person who edits a post, then after clicking save thinks "OH YEAH and another thing!" like five times in a row.

You’d have more than 3 probes n this hypothetical

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

TheMostFrench posted:

I do this every time... It's a race against the clock at I try to fix all the typos and do an editing pass before the edited by message appears and shames me.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

sweet thursday posted:

There are tags for [color] and [size], but they are only useable in custom user titles or where otherwise specificied. People tend to abuse these tags, so they are not allowed in most places.

[size="x-large"][color="red"]Unleash the tags EVERYWHERE. Ban them in the backwater subforums that abuse them, like eventually GBS[/color][/size]

Allow the tags but you must pay 10 cents per tag

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Instead of buying forums upgrades and avatars with cash, have people buy them with forums gold from their account, which you buy in $20 increments

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I do this every time... It's a race against the clock at I try to fix all the typos and do an editing pass before the edited by message appears and shames me.

Yo, ya got a typo in here.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

JK Fresco posted:

Instead of buying forums upgrades and avatars with cash, have people buy them with forums gold from their account, which you buy in $20 increments

how many sojs is a $20 unit of forums gold???

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

how many sojs is a $20 unit of forums gold???

20, they've generally traded around 1:1 with USD.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I would honestly enjoy anything that makes it easier to make forums purchases in the apps.

Also a way to gift people plat directly, I tried to give someone plat once and it was a pain in the rear end because they by definition don’t have PMs.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'd like a way for posters that have been put on ignore to have their text hidden from you when other people quote them. It kinda defeats the purpose of putting really garbage posters on ignore if everyone else keeps responding to their poo poo and it's always visible in some way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JK Fresco posted:

Can I just buy forums gas instead?