Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who goes #3 overall
Bowen Byram (D)
Vasili Podkolzin (RW)
A WHL Center (C)
A USNTDP Player (C/W)
Other
View Results

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I think the Rangers actually had the fewest ROW in the league so they were in fact quite bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Will be interesting if the Rangers can trade up into the teens or maybe even higher to grab someone else they really want. They might be able to package 20th overall and a 2nd or so and move up but probably not into the 10-13 range...but might depend on who is around at that point and how badly they want them. Conceivable they move Kreider as well but I think player value in a trade is lower on draft day than it is at other times

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Seider seems to have climbed up the rankings after his WC performances. Big right hander, wonder if the Rangers look to draft him if he's still there at 20

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

OldSenileGuy posted:

I wouldn't mind getting him if he's there at 20. But if there's a chance to move up and grab Caufield, then do that plz

And though I'm not worried about the possibility of the Rangers going off-board at #2, what I am slightly worried about is the possibility of NJ taking Kakko at 1, and then Vancouver really wanting Hughes so they offer the Rangers some poo poo like Bo Horvat and #10 and the Rangers do it. The Canucks would have to offer Petterson, and even then I'm not sure I'd do it.

I really don't think the Rangers would do that. The offer would have to be huge, there's such a clear cut tier of players in the draft right now and the Rangers are desperate for a legitimate franchise player, not more depth players

I think NJ still takes Hughes. Kakko had an impressive WC though he has slowed down, but Hughes didn't "do enough" to lose the 1st overall spot either.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Very likely the Rangers are trying to trade Kreider for another 1st...perhaps some teams around 10-15 that decide they need some help now rather than later. Close to the draft though it's hard to tell who is willing to move picks because everyone gets all hyped for the potential of 18 year old players versus reality of established NHL players.

There have been rumors that the Rangers really like a few guys that were going to be around where they were originally slated to pick and they may go all in to move up and draft one if there's a chance. May be a quality over quantity draft for them if they can come away with Kakko and someone like Zegras or Krebs falls a bit. They've probably also seen a fair bit of Newhook as he played on the same team as Riley Hughes, a late round pick for the Rangers last year.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rumor seems to be that the Hawks really like Dach...

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Even if the Rangers can't trade back into the first round I keep thinking "Kakko, Fox, Trouba" and can't be sad

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

lmao NHL Network feed is talking about how good the Canucks rebuild is going, how good Benning is, and how good their owner is

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Hurray Kakko

Now trade for another pick, Gorts

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

zegras

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

or Pods

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

holy poo poo what an overdraft

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

that's gonna blow up some boards

probably a good player but maybe not BPA at #5

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

whoaaaa vancouver

probably good value but it's a bit of a boom or bust

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Bizarre

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

PK on the downside of his career as a Devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

ThinkTank posted:

Wow please no 2020 1st but he's exactly what we need

Millers weird. He’s skilled and good but somehow underwhelms

He also did the biggest throw up
His hands and give up on his team after the rangers said they were going to rebuild. It was pathetic