Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Coward, only 16" guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Late game large scale engagements seem pretty indecisive. Probably over three hundred ship heavy anti ship missiles fired and over 450 total planes shot down in wave after wave of ASM based air attacks for 7 sunk on one side and 12 on the other. Radar guided medium AA combined with a few missile countermeasure technologies seem to counter a decent number of missiles and even when they get through missile hits aren't as catastrophic as you might expect for a hit with a heavy SSM.

I think that's probably because they aren't modeling plane costs very well. Planes just get free respawns versus having a build lag. That works for WWII after a year to ramp up of the factories but I don't see that happening with more complex aircraft and on a shorter timescale. Losing that many planes and missiles would be a big hit to capabilities (see Yom Kippur War as an example).

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

when should I start phasing out torpedo bombers?

I think when you get missiles, but missiles seem to be rather weak in terms of killing stuff.