Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Gort posted:

What's a "V turret"?

One of Japan’s biggest Naval ownings of Britain years before WW2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Don’t forget “2 inch armor minimum for splinter protection “

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So do you still have the dumb thing where only 6? or so nations (including the player) are active in any given game or can they finally do every faction at once?

Because yes it’s important for Japan to be active in my Mediterranean focused game as AH. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Bremen posted:

Not every faction at once; looks like there's always 9 factions.

How many factions are there now? 9 is enough for all the ones that were in RtW1 short of modded nations,.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Redeye Flight posted:

Well, I've always liked the way one Cold War strategy game addressed that. "Strategic nuclear warfare can be simulated by dousing the entire board in lighter fuel and striking a match on it."

Douse board in fuel, give every player a lighter.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The speed limit is only for larger ships with submerged tubes, destroyers shouldn't be effected (they are effected, however by the lovely range and lovely speed). The reason for the speed limit is the torpedoes are launched via an underwater, extending, aimable torpedo tube called a spoon. Going too fast with the spoon(s) extended would cause them to bend or break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I don’t recall what the speed limit is either tbh. 20 does sound “right” though but I’m not sure. Maybe they changed it at some point. Or maybe that was an assumption everyone made based on historical info.