Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Pirate Radar posted:

If you live outside the US the store may not work for you. You can fix this by lying and telling the store you live somewhere in the US. I recommend 1060 West Addison Street, Chicago, IL.

This is because their store is setup with a whitelist where if your country is not on the list you cannot make a purchase. Thus when people from previously unknown countries like say, Japan, tried to purchase it failed.

quote:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note, we are seeing orders from countries that we do not typically see orders originate from so I have added a lot more countries to the authorized list. If for any reason you cannot get your order to process please contact me at warshipfc@yahoo.com for assistance. Thanks :)

With any luck they'll soon know what all the countries on Earth are and can successfully add them to the list.

e: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC 20500 is also a popular purchase location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

TehKeen posted:

I'm playing the USA in 1910 right now and eagerly awaiting air techs to become available. :suspense:

And out of curiosity does anyone know what is up with the AI Legacy fleets having crazy illegal designs like 2x triple above-water torpedo launchers on CLs and predreadnoughts with heavy AA and DP secondaries in 1900?

The really fun bit is when the auto-designer gives you illegal stuff that you then can't turn off and can't save the design so you need to scrap it and start from scratch. I had it keep giving me DP guns on auto-designed CLs last night and since I hadn't researched DP guns the checkbox was greyed out and I couldn't un-check the guns to save the design. I like using the auto-designer to give me a base ship with some funnels and stuff before I go through and make my changes and in rtw2 doing this means you now need to go remove a bunch of triple torpedo tubes and AA guns you haven't researched yet.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

vyelkin posted:

It took them a day or two to email mine. I also sent in my RTW1 key at the same time and haven't got my rebate yet, so no idea how long that takes.

I sent them an email about the rebate every few days until I got it and it took about 3 weeks. Just harass them about it, if they're dumb enough that they made it so they need to manually PayPal people $5 they deserve to get a few hundred annoyed emails.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Asehujiko posted:

The email for the discount bounced.

This system is so loving stupid and I feel like an idiot for giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, is it normal for the game to completely stop giving me capital ship battles after 1930 or so? I've not have the game generate a single fleet battle after the RTW1 period ended. Not just the AI refusing to accept it, it's plain not there. It's just DD vs DD with the occasional CLAA while all the carriers and battleships sit at anchor occasionally getting torpedoed by submarines during the start of turn events.

uPen posted:

I wonder if they know yahoo limits free accounts to 500 outbound messages per day. If not they're sure going to find out soon!