Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Anyone tried making custom nations in this? Myself and a mate want to try running Australia into the ground, but I've no idea where to start. Most I've tried modding is the ship name lists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Boksi posted:

So I started a new game as the USA with variable technology and apparently the field of ship design just plain doesn't exist. Same with hull construction, so that's gonna be interesting. Also single-gun mounts are more efficient than twins or triples, apparently. I have no idea what this is going to do to ship designs, but I am interested in finding out.

I've had that happen. It just means modern advanced theories aren't known, kinda like how there's no aviation tech trees until they get discovered. Give it a while and they'll show up. Only real effect is you can't prioritise them in your research