Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
In expansion news, looks like there's going to be commanding officer and the ability to create set division. Commanding officer will have capability that'll affect crew experience and trait that'll improve certain aspect of their command. Looks like there will be some event that involve officer as well (I guess they can cause international incident and you can fire them to prevent tension increase and such).

You'll be able to put ships into set divisions so they'll be more likely to appear together. Division will also gain division experience that improve the division's cohesion overtime. Frequent change to division will instead lower experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Been playing this again lately. It's pretty fun and right now I might still rate it higher than Dreadnoughts due to more complete content and way faster pace/simulation. Looking forward to the new DLC.

pedro0930 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 29, 2022

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Any word on when the new DLC is coming out? I want to start a new game but will hold off if the DLC is coming out anytime soon.

Also, has anyone tried any of their tabletop games? Any thoughts?

Last I heard the estimate is in 2-4 months. So I am guessing between March and May.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
New dev dairy dropped, this time detailing the new features of RtW3
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2008100/view/3718327459757346105

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2008100/Rule_the_Waves_3/
Game's out. Unfortunately there's no discount for owner of the previous titles.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

Dreamsicle posted:

I really want to know how well this does.

I have some more questions after getting a game into the late 1920s.

1) Is there a point to having the ranges for ships be longer than medium besides maybe raiders?
2) How bad in practice is it to enable box magazines? I know it what does but are the tradeoffs that bad?

The main cause of ship sinking is usually when the ship run out of flotation point. Getting penetrated in the belt cause lots of flotation damage. Besides that, your machinery is also not protected with box magazine so it's more likely to be knocked out. It's a pretty big weakness if you expect the ship to ever have to slug it out with another surface combatant. On the other hand, it's somewhat difficult to armor a cruiser sufficiently against another cruiser so it might be pointless to try.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
I find building only CA and BC helps with getting favorable force ratio in more mission type. Up until I get forced to build CL, then I get a bunch of CL up against the enemy CA :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
It's not battleship they can or like to build. Those are suppose to represent legacy primitive Japanese ironclad that they had. They are useless with literally unarmored guns that'll flash fire and destroy the whole ship under any kind of fire.