Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Every once and awhile I deep dive into sovereign citizens getting owned compilations

My favorite is the ones of sovereign citizen evictions

I also love the ones where they try to explain that literally every american has like 1 billion dollars in a super secret mega ultra double hidden bank account and all you have to do is write your name in all caps as well your date of birth and these magic words and you can pay your bills with your super secret billion dollar account.

Yes I know, I know, Mister Metokur but this video of his is by far the best overview of this poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVtviNDrDS8

The dude with the obsession with water is rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
There is one of this guy who ends up getting his window smashed on his rented truck and arrested at the border for not showing his license even though he had it and wasn't doing anything illegal

Like, he was so dug in he went to prison rather than pull out his ID

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's an offshoot I'd argue but my lord do I loving love sovereign citizens. It's the perfect blend of absolute smugness and completely loving idiocy. It will never ever not be hysterical to me that these loving numbskulls bring up the Articles of Confederation as this absolute defense of their rights when that poo poo hasn't been in use for literally like 200 years.

My favoite video ever was when this woman literally says "Um well OFFICER as a soverign citizen we have all the rights and privledges of a citizen but do not have to follow the laws!" and then the officer makes the obvious point that it's loving nonsense and would lead to anarchy she proudly proclaims "NOPE, BECAUSE WE ARE A PEACEFUL PEOPLE!"

Watching these people crazy themselves into an arrest, and then crazy a court apearence into prison is highly amusing.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Imagine being so loving bored as a human being that you need to invent insane conspiracies and arguments in order to get arrested. It's like those dudes who start hour long battles with the dude in Wal Mart who checks your receipt because WOW YOU'RE ACCUSING ME OF THIEVERY HOW loving DARE YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Imagine being so loving bored as a human being that you need to invent insane conspiracies and arguments in order to get arrested. It's like those dudes who start hour long battles with the dude in Wal Mart who checks your receipt because WOW YOU'RE ACCUSING ME OF THIEVERY HOW loving DARE YOU

You have to wonder what goes through the cops head when it all starts.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
https://youtu.be/VnSd-E3Hb3Y

I love this vid because the judge did research and actually legaleses the dude back

Like, the Sov cit ends up getting confused by his own words being used back on him

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I love this vid because the judge did research and actually legaleses the dude back

Like, the Sov cit ends up getting confused by his own words being used back on him

A judge actually wrote a book specifically for teaching other judges how to shut down sovcit bullshit in their courtrooms.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like, what is it about a person that makes them dig in so hard and not only dig in but believe the vast majority of people not believing them is irrelevant

he asks a bunch of Marxists

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wheeee posted:

he asks a bunch of Marxists

lol fair point

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

megalodong posted:

bring back the good old non-(or at least less so)-racist conspiracies like area 51, aliens, super secret aircraft and all that good stuff

i used to work 3rd shift doing security work, which was a lot of driving around and smoking cigarettes and trying to stay awake. my boss insisted on listening to am coast to coast every night. i certainly miss the art bell-style conspiracy theory. my step dad is certainly a conspiracy theorist, but i dont know where he is at on his journey into madness, but he did let me know where the precious metal is hidden, should anything happen to my mom and him :tinfoil:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

What always gets me about conspiracy theorists is that they seem to believe everything that is a conspiracy even when its contradictory

Like, you never seen one go "Aliens built the pyramids but that ghost and bigfoot stuff is bullshit"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What always gets me about conspiracy theorists is that they seem to believe everything that is a conspiracy even when its contradictory

Like, you never seen one go "Aliens built the pyramids but that ghost and bigfoot stuff is bullshit"

Actually you do! Political Cartoon favorite and mega insane person Dees believes every loving insane government conspiracy under the sun but has made multiple cartoons about how people who think Angels are real are stupid rear end in a top hat moron sheep.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A fine time to repost one of my favorite legal takedowns on the subject: Meads v. Meads

Another fave is this guy talking about how he can't figure out how to properly cast a spell called "Accepted for Value" to turn his electric bill in to free money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFOe386YB0A
I really like this one because he complains that nobody will explain to him how to make it work without him pay them, but he also insists it will work when people tell him it's a complete scam.

I find gang stalking more fascinating but it also gets sad when you realize it's the product of severe mental illness. Sovereign citizens are a lot more fun because it's just persistent self owns.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Popoi posted:

I find gang stalking more fascinating but it also gets sad when you realize it's the product of severe mental illness. Sovereign citizens are a lot more fun because it's just persistent self owns.

I follow this crazy dude who does terrible weightlifting who believes he is blessed by god to be the strongest man on the planet and also believes he is being gang-stalked by the CIA to make him gay

Every video is a masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiFkt-RrX_k

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

lol in what aim? so he doesn't have a kid with a super strong woman and that kid becomes swoll jesus like that one korean statue and take down all world governments? cuz I'd watch that movie

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Eat This Glob posted:

i certainly miss the art bell-style conspiracy theory.

Cool story, every time this style of conspiracy theorist says "reptilians" they mean "jews."

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

i heard once that some white nationalist organization had David Icke as a speaker because they thought he was talking about (((reptilians))) but actually no he was sincere about reptilians

i hope its true because i find it amusing

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
something about canadian legal scholars' engagement of sovereigns rubs me the wrong way. There's a lot of idle bemusement, with neither condemnation nor any deep inquiry into causes. It's become a low-effort way to get an article published.

though it's an improvement on the SPLC's approach, which was counter-reactionary panic ("three million anti-government extremists!!")

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

LonsomeSon posted:

Cool story, every time this style of conspiracy theorist says "reptilians" they mean "jews."

seriously? gross. I thought they literally meant reptiles. Was it dees who drew obama as some sort of reptilian? I thought I saw that at least once

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Eat This Glob posted:

seriously? gross. I thought they literally meant reptiles. Was it dees who drew obama as some sort of reptilian? I thought I saw that at least once

Some do, but for most it's code for Jews. And in a few incredible instances (likely including Dees here), it's both!

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
here's a take: sovereigns understand history better than they are given credit for, and in many cases better than the legal experts who denounce them :colbert:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i find myself agreeing with dees' less racist works a lot these days. dude's figuratively correct about a lot of things he considers literal truths due to untreated schizophrenia.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

paging kyoon to this thread

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i find myself agreeing with dees' less racist works a lot these days. dude's figuratively correct about a lot of things he considers literal truths due to schizophrenia.

All right I'll bite, such as?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Wanna get myself Dees art collections and just leave them on the coffee table for company to see.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

The Mandela Effect is pretty neat because psychologically it works on people because of how fragile and susceptible to manipulation our memory really is. Just suggest something totally contrary, anything really: show a group of people a (photoshopped) period appropriate photograph of Bugs Bunny at Disneyland and half of them will start recalling seeing him their as kids, or suggest they could have been molested (or abducted by aliens). Heck the fact that there are baby boomers who’ve been seeing long remaining contrails their entire lives but now believe that they only started showing up in the 90s is perhaps one the better illustrations on the magnitude of this phenomenon.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Eat This Glob posted:

yah you don't get to promote the protocols of zion, as icke does, and argue that you don't really mean jewz

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

All right I'll bite, such as?

mostly when he portrays the wealthy and powerful as demonic fiends who are killing us all. it's a very obvious point, sure, but his interpretations of it are very striking.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

LonsomeSon posted:

It turns our that a lot of conspiracy theories involve racism once you start to drill down into them, or possibly every conspiracy theorist I've known has been a white person.
i knew a black guy who believed that the Rothschilds funded both sides of WWII from Frankfurt. oddly enough, he was half Jewish. i also knew a black Trinidadian woman who read David Icke and believed that celebrities like the Kardashians do that triangle thing with their hands in pictures as tribute to the Illuminati. stupidity knows no race

speaking of which, the entire gist of illuminati conspiracy theories hinges on Jews controlling the world. there was a very good blog post i read somewhere dissecting the whole thing and saying that inner-city black people (which the author says is a particularly widespread belief there) should stop believing in that poo poo because of it

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

mostly when he portrays the wealthy and powerful as demonic fiends who are killing us all. it's a very obvious point, sure, but his interpretations of it are very striking.

Sure he's tepidly correct in a very general sense, but his interpretation invariably conflated "rich assholes" with "zionists/Jews," and argues that they're killing us with vaccines, microwave emitters built into our phones, GMO foods, fluoridated water, and fiat currency.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Gazpacho posted:

yah you don't get to promote the protocols of zion, as icke does, and argue that you don't really mean jewz

ugh double gross. my experience with conspiracy theories really revolves around a year of listening to art bell for a year because it made my boss laugh and my own step dad falling down a YouTube rabbit hole

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Gazpacho posted:

oh

:(

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I don’t recall that William Cooper called out Jews in his writing, but his main source on the Illuminati, Myron Fagan, was antisemitic as gently caress

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Popoi posted:

Another fave is this guy talking about how he can't figure out how to properly cast a spell called "Accepted for Value" to turn his electric bill in to free money https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFOe386YB0A

Ahaha there is a line half way through that sums it up

"I made this series to highlight my failures and successes. And I have only had one success, which is sending the form"

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
redemptionists are corncobs like no other

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Silver Nitrate posted:

The krassensteins got banned on twitter. :tinfoil:

Good loving riddance.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Gazpacho posted:

I don’t recall that William Cooper called out Jews in his writing, but his main source on the Illuminati, Myron Fagan, was antisemitic as gently caress

In Behold a Pale Horse he included the entirety of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, just prefaced with “For every mention of Jew mentally replace it with Illuminati/Freemasons/NWO” and also that he thinks the Illuminati scapegoated Jews throughout history

all in all Cooper was probably less bigoted than your modern day Republican

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Daily Reminder that a certain subset of flat earthers literally believe trees don't exist, that what we think are trees are really bushes and that real trees only existed thousands of years ago and were literally just the magical living trees from Avatar

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
im not sure how you guys get confused by any of this stuff, just follow the handy charts.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I've met two SovCits in my life and they were both young black dudes that I've worked with, which I found interesting because I assumed us whites were the main demographic for conspiracy poo poo. One was pretty adamant about

OldTennisCourt posted:

literally every american has like 1 billion dollars in a super secret mega ultra double hidden bank account

and added some poo poo about the stock market and the powers that be using our secret accounts for it, also something about the police being a corporation because if you look closely you'll see an LLC on the side of cop cars or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

a lot of these would be great for Unknown Armies lore and campaigns

chaleski posted:

I've met two SovCits in my life and they were both young black dudes that I've worked with, which I found interesting because I assumed us whites were the main demographic for conspiracy poo poo. One was pretty adamant about

can’t find the article but apparently Sovcit found its way into the black community through one of the hucksters offering lectures at churches. One guy got off of death row by essentially ruining his own case to the point where the judge could not in good conscience complete the trial, and he’s become living proof of the efficacy of the method.