Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Xachariah posted:

Does anyone ever get sad about all of this bullshit?

I mean, it would be SO GODDAMN COOL to live in a world where it's true. Hyper-competent shadowy cabals all over the place, sci-fi microchips that are basically magic, aliens building monuments and leaving cryptic clues, pre-historic lizard people in our midst disguised as humans, secret societies leaving cryptic secret messages to ease their path to world domination, it's all so fun and cool.

What is this boring as poo poo reality? This sea of stupidity and incompetence with chunky tech that needs batteries, maybe aliens but they're all light years away, and lame builder's social clubs where they go for a drink after work? I want conspiracies and aliens and future tech goddammit!

:smith:

normality bias. our world is completely absurd in ways we can scarcely describe, but the human condition necessitates we incorporate these absurdities into our view of reality. nothing will ever happen to shake that feeling of boringness because we're hardcoded to get used to things after living with them for a time. i think psychedelics and/or purposefully immersing yourself in mysticism/gnosticism and granting things meaning and significance regardless of what your logical/analytical mind tells you are the only ways to shake that feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

didn't the UFO community think Disclosure was going to happen before Trump left? How are they taking it, or has Q subsumed them as well.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

As much as I really hope we find proof of intelligent life in the universe, I don't think that was it. The acceleration of Oumuamua is by solar radiation pressure in a manner similar to the Pioneer anomaly. One proposal I really like is a network of "statellites," which would be placed in the outer solar system and held stationary rather than orbiting the sun by using solar sails. They would be loaded with cubesat or microsat probes and upon detection of an incoming interstellar object, one or two stats would drop probes and let the sun's gravity accelerate them so that at perihelion they would need very little propellant to nudge their trajectory to hitch a ride on the visitor and start doing science.

The tic-tac videos are overhyped nonsense. Maybe we're being visited by indistinct blobs from outer space, or maybe the game of telephone being played with the story has hyped up the "unexplainable" part of the story and overshadowed the fact that they were initially shared on the website of a company that specializes in producing video effects.

The point of giving all this publicity to military videos of things they can’t identify seems to be to break down the culture of silence pilots have about reporting weird things they see in the air.

That congressional committee on unidentifiable aircraft or whatever it was basically discovered that pilots will never disclose if they see a drone or something they can’t immediately identify because they will be ridiculed for saying anything and harm their careers, so the point isn’t that there are ufos but that someone figured out that it would be really bad if some country was flying spy planes all over and we had no idea because nobody ever reported them. There’s not really a claim that the things on the videos are necessarily anything other than normal planes viewed at strange angles but just that it’s good for military people and commercial pilots to report weird things that they see after decades of not doing that.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Like I think there are commercial airlines that automatically suspend pilots for weeks at a time able require them to get psych evaluations if they report an unidentifiable aircraft to their superiors.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

didn't the UFO community think Disclosure was going to happen before Trump left? How are they taking it, or has Q subsumed them as well.

COVID pushed the timetable back

Also in the COVID bill trump signed in December the CIA has to release their UFO files in 6 months

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

500excf type r posted:

Are you saying the tic tac videos are fake and everything relating to them is made up?
They're distant aircraft and the plane filming is turning left while the camera gimbals right. It's notoriously difficult to judge the speed and distance of an airborne object, even if you're a trained pilot, and motion parallax explains the apparent high speed.

Also, the guy who shot down Hammarskjold's plane was a mercenary who was decorated for his service to the RAF in WWII and bragged to friends that he did it.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The point of giving all this publicity to military videos of things they can’t identify seems to be to break down the culture of silence pilots have about reporting weird things they see in the air.

That congressional committee on unidentifiable aircraft or whatever it was basically discovered that pilots will never disclose if they see a drone or something they can’t immediately identify because they will be ridiculed for saying anything and harm their careers, so the point isn’t that there are ufos but that someone figured out that it would be really bad if some country was flying spy planes all over and we had no idea because nobody ever reported them. There’s not really a claim that the things on the videos are necessarily anything other than normal planes viewed at strange angles but just that it’s good for military people and commercial pilots to report weird things that they see after decades of not doing that.
Well said.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

GWBBQ posted:

They're distant aircraft and the plane filming is turning left while the camera gimbals right. It's notoriously difficult to judge the speed and distance of an airborne object, even if you're a trained pilot.

Also, the guy who shot down Hammarskjold's plane was a mercenary who was decorated for his service to the RAF in WWII and bragged to friends that he did it.

You are just making up your own reality, gotcha

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

500excf type r posted:

You are just making up your own reality, gotcha
Cold Case: Hammarskjold is my source for the second statement. You're welcome to disagree with me on the Navy videos but I think it's entirely reasonable to suggest that an fast unidentified flying object in a blurry video may actually be the most common fast flying objects in the air. It's also possible that I'm wrong, and if I am, I'm not going to get mad at learning something.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Dag Hammarskjold was absolutely assassinated

I think the Epstein thread went over the case also

Yeah the AIDS stuff is new but Hammarskjold barely even qualifies as a conspiracy anymore. There's a Netflix movie about the siege of Jadotville during the Congo crisis that's unfortunately just "pretty okay" but it covers the assassination a bit

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

GWBBQ posted:

Cold Case: Hammarskjold is my source for the second statement. You're welcome to disagree with me on the Navy videos but I think it's entirely reasonable to suggest that an fast unidentified flying object in a blurry video may actually be the most common fast flying objects in the air. It's also possible that I'm wrong, and if I am, I'm not going to get mad at learning something.

You're completely ignoring the fact that the video is only one small part to that entire situation. Radar operators getting pings for weeks, then there were multiple planes sent out over multiple interceptions.

That one video has been on the internet since ~2007 and is just a small glimpse into a much bigger picture we aren't currently privy to.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

500excf type r posted:

You're completely ignoring the fact that the video is only one small part to that entire situation. Radar operators getting pings for weeks, then there were multiple planes sent out over multiple interceptions.

That one video has been on the internet since ~2007 and is just a small glimpse into a much bigger picture we aren't currently privy to.

The senate task force on ufos or whatever it was discovered that there are problems with our detection of flying things, including misidentifcation and instrumentation error. There's nothing to suggest that the US or any other country is regularly being buzzed by airplanes of unknown origin that have some uniform profile. Some of the people involved clearly want to believe in aliens or secret organizations, or they at least think it would be fun, so when they talk to newspapers they kind of make it seem like the US is pretty close to conclusively documenting something really big with aliens or secret organizations, but it's mostly through omission and selective focus on what they've found. Like there's a privately funded vault that some millionaire made available to Chuck Schumer for storing remains of unknown airplanes, but nobody asked him to build it and there's no evidence that anyone has ever put anything into it. He still talks about it like it's an integral part of some secret investigation.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

yeah gonna trust the same navy that did the whole gulf of tonkin thing :rolleyes:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

The senate task force on ufos or whatever it was discovered that there are problems with our detection of flying things, including misidentifcation and instrumentation error. There's nothing to suggest that the US or any other country is regularly being buzzed by airplanes of unknown origin that have some uniform profile. Some of the people involved clearly want to believe in aliens or secret organizations, or they at least think it would be fun, so when they talk to newspapers they kind of make it seem like the US is pretty close to conclusively documenting something really big with aliens or secret organizations, but it's mostly through omission and selective focus on what they've found. Like there's a privately funded vault that some millionaire made available to Chuck Schumer for storing remains of unknown airplanes, but nobody asked him to build it and there's no evidence that anyone has ever put anything into it. He still talks about it like it's an integral part of some secret investigation.

I was specifically referring to the one incident in 2004 that there is video of, that was alluded to be fake or somehow deceptive.

Countries all over the world have been having interactions with ufos for a long time and often are better at cataloging and documenting the occurrences than the usa is. I suppose if you don't actually want to have informed opinions and just want to talk poo poo about ufos then none of that matters.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I have next to zero experience with radar, but false positives are a huge problem and one random thing that stands out in my mind was that after the Oklahoma City Bombing, they had to seriously reduce the sensitivity of weather radar because the lingering dust in the air was throwing false positives left and right.

StashAugustine posted:

yeah gonna trust the same navy that did the whole gulf of tonkin thing :rolleyes:
Wasn't John McCain's father involved with that somehow? I guess war crimes run in the family.

500excf type r posted:

I was specifically referring to the one incident in 2004 that there is video of, that was alluded to be fake or somehow deceptive.

Countries all over the world have been having interactions with ufos for a long time and often are better at cataloging and documenting the occurrences than the usa is. I suppose if you don't actually want to have informed opinions and just want to talk poo poo about ufos then none of that matters.
Want to chat about it and see if we can come up with a good UFO-related effortpost? I feel like we're going to devolve into trading one-liners (I fully admit that I'm not helping the situation) if we keep going in the direction we're going and I know it's C-SPAM, but we could probably come up with something worthwhile if we put our heads together.

I have a lifelong love for and fascination with all things paranormal whether I believe in them or not. Actually, we could spin up a C-SPAM UFO/Paranormal Discord if people are interested.

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Jan 25, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

That's not an unreasonable take - interviews with the pilots and the radar techs could be faked or the people could be genuine and mistaken about what they saw, the videos could be faked, etc. The fact that elements in the government(?) seems to be putting so much effort into it is pretty fascinating; more fascinating than ETH that appears to be mostly disinterested in us, in my opinion.

I personally find the videos and the ETH explanation appealing but I've followed up with all of the technical stuff I could find published by folks like Harold Puthoff or the other scientists in the TTSA orbit and quite frankly, it reads like horseshit to me. For instance, you don't have to wonder how the tictac works because the US Navy has patented the drive mechanism :psyduck:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28729/docs-show-navy-got-ufo-patent-granted-by-warning-of-similar-chinese-tech-advances

https://patents.google.com/patent/US10144532B2/en

The scientists involved have all sorts of advanced physics publications including things like room temperature super conductors by vibrating wires and other things where not only can I not follow their explanation as someone (poorly) educated in that field, if they were right it would quickly be commercialized in my mind.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The world is in fact run by a shadowy cabal of pedophiles, they just don't literally drink their victims' blood, there's more scientific evidence for the existence of this cabal than there is gravity.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

You can patent anything, it doesn't have to actually exist or actually work, you just have to have the idea

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

quote:

Shortly after the patent for the hybrid craft was approved in 2018, Pais presented another related paper, “Room Temperature Superconducting System for Use on a Hybrid Aerospace Undersea Craft” at the 2019 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics SciTech Forum in San Diego this past January. In the paper, Pais writes that "the achievement of room temperature superconductivity (RTSC) represents a highly disruptive technology, capable of a total paradigm change in Science and Technology,” and adds that its “military and commercial value is considerable."

poo poo, I've even published/presented at the AIAA, i wonder if i inadvertently met any of these people without realizing it lol

500excf type r posted:

You can patent anything, it doesn't have to actually exist or actually work, you just have to have the idea

Yes, I've even patented unrealizable bullshit, but the navy is saying "hey we think we're seeing these things" AND "hey, heres how we think they work" AND explicitly "the red chinese are about to build 'em so we better patent them first so they don't beat us to the punch". even if the answer is its all bullshit, it's involved bullshit and calling it "gulf of tonkin" like may be right - but if not war with vietnam, what is the goddamn purpose of all of this? Convince the chinese waste money on researching ufos? i can see faked evidence as being possible but i don't get the point yet.

Honestly best explanation I've heard is this was a giveaway to bigelow by his buddy harry reid, and everything else is just a side effect of the money sloshing around to other unqualified people.

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 23:01 on Jan 25, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Wait, let's say it's a real thing that can be made. Are patents internationally enforced? I thought as far as the west was concerned, China's entire thing is making stuff that violates IP law.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

Want to chat about it and see if we can come up with a good UFO-related effortpost? I feel like we're going to devolve into trading one-liners (I fully admit that I'm not helping the situation) if we keep going in the direction we're going and I know it's C-SPAM, but we could probably come up with something worthwhile if we put our heads together.

I have a lifelong love for and fascination with all things paranormal whether I believe in them or not. Actually, we could spin up a C-SPAM UFO/Paranormal Discord if people are interested.

I think ghosts and psychic powers are boring, but I really enjoy speculation about alien civilization or far-out naturalistic poo poo like derelict space probes from prehuman civilizations, or lost ancient human civilizations--what we'd look for and how we'd know. It's all empty speculation, but thinking about deep time and lost things really hits my sublimity receptors.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tubgoat posted:

Wait, let's say it's a real thing that can be made. Are patents internationally enforced? I thought as far as the west was concerned, China's entire thing is making stuff that violates IP law.

I think the concern is a firm patenting it in the US and making us less competitive using our own laws, but here is the letter from the NAE CTO that got this invention over the line at the USPTO, see item #5 specifically.

Also worth pointing out that they purposefully publicly published this instead of through the classified patent system which, afaict, would give a similar level of IP protection w/o disclosure. Gaming it out, it would appear disclosure is an explicit part of the effort here and not simply inadvertent.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1354115893614309381

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Work emails are so strange from the elite

Normal people:

What kind of za do you want?

pep and mush is good, see you in the meeting room.

Elite (possible pedophile reptilians):

What kind Toppings would you prefer on your 12 year old cheese pizza? Would you prefer it cooked on Jeffery Epstein's Soul Collector Stone Oven or The Pope's Hell Microwave? Stuffed Crust.

We will meet in the catacombs.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Put some cocaine on my pizza. I like the synergy between greasy glut and appetite suppressant.

-Bichael Pompeiius

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Delta-Wye posted:

I think the concern is a firm patenting it in the US and making us less competitive using our own laws, but here is the letter from the NAE CTO that got this invention over the line at the USPTO, see item #5 specifically.

Also worth pointing out that they purposefully publicly published this instead of through the classified patent system which, afaict, would give a similar level of IP protection w/o disclosure. Gaming it out, it would appear disclosure is an explicit part of the effort here and not simply inadvertent.

an induction generator/motor ?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUA7_oywhBU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive said it before and ill say it again

some of the most interesting clearance wonk conversations ive been in the room for involved undersea drones, the huge number if them in our oceans, and the crazy rear end capabilities they have. and that was ten years ago

evidently its a whole drat thing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Public data suggests massive securities fraud in which hedge funds and institutions have created more Gamestop shares than actually exist for delivery

The short version is that a review of the 'strategic fails–to–deliver' data indicates that institutional insiders may have counterfeited a massive number of Gamestop shares which is why they tried to stop retail investors from buying more shares on Thursday.

There are are 71 million shares of GME that have ever been issued by the company. Institutions have reported to the SEC via 13F filings that they own more than 102,000,000 shares (including the 13% of GME stock is owned by Ryan Cohen). That is already 30,000,000 shares more than even exist.

On top of the shares reportedly owned by institutions, retail investors may currently hold 50+ million shares (counting both long holdings and call options – both ITM and OTM).

Once you include call options, retail investors may already hold more than 100% of GME (not just 100% of the float, more than 100% of the actual company). This would be definitive proof of illegal activity at the highest levels of the financial system.

___

I have been following GME since mid-September and over that time I have banked myself a %1300 return in the process. However, the whole time I was a little puzzled with how severe the reactions from Wall Street have been, especially this week. "The company had more than 100% of its stock sold short! That's never happened before!", you say. I know, I know, but that's not actually not a new thing. A short squeeze, even one of this magnitude, should have squoze by now with GME up more than 10x in the span of weeks. Something is just not right. I think there is something much, much bigger going on here. Something big enough to blow up the entire financial system.

Here is my hypothesis: I think the hedge funds, clearing houses, and DTC executed a coordinated effort to put Game Stop out of business by conspiring to create a gargantuan number of counterfeit shares of GME, possibly 100-200% or more of the shares originally issued by Game Stop. In the process, they may have accidentally created a bomb that could blow up the entire system as we know it and we're seeing their efforts to cover this up unfold now. What is that bomb? I believe retail investors may hold more than 100% of GME (not just 100% of the float, more than 100% of the actual company). This would be definitive proof of illegal activity at the highest levels of the financial system.

For you to follow this argument, you need to go read the white paper "Counterfeiting Stock 2.0" so you understand how the hedge funds can create fake stock out of thin air and disguise it so it looks like real shares. They use these fake shares in short attacks to drive the price of a company down until they put them into bankruptcy. This practice seems to be widespread among hedge funds that go short. There is even a term for it, "strategic fails–to–deliver." Counterfeiting shares is extremely illegal (similar level to counterfeiting money) but it's very difficult to prove and even getting the court to approve subpoenas because of the way the financial industry has stacked the deck against investigations.

This completely explains why so many levels of the financial system seem to be actively trying to get in the way of retail investors purchasing more GME. It's not just about a short squeeze, it's about their firms' very existence and their own personal freedom. We have the opportunity to put all these people in jail by proving that we own more than 100% of shares in existence.

There are are 71 million shares of GME that have ever been issued by the company. Institutions have reported to the SEC via 13F filings that they own more than 102,000,000 shares (including the 13% of GME stock is owned by Ryan Cohen). Now, I don't know the delay/variance on these ownership numbers, but I think there is a pretty solid argument that close to 100% of GME is owned by these firms, if not more.

Moreover, there are now more than 7 million people subscribed to r/wallstreetbets~~. I know lots of people here are sitting on a few hundred shares that they bought back when it was under $50. Some of us are even holding thousands. If the average number of shares owned by each subscriber is even close to 5-10, we have a very good shot at also owning a similarly enormous amount of GME.~~ Even if the average was just 10 shares per legit subscriber, that puts the minimum retail position at about 30-50% of the entire company.

GME has been on the NYSE threshold list for almost a month. We don't have January data yet, but I just analyzed the data from the SEC's fails–to–deliver list for December (all 65,871 lines of it) and looked up the number of shares that were likely counterfeit. For comparison, I did the same for a couple random tickers. Most companies have close to no shares not show up. Of those that do, it's a relatively small number of shares. For example, two random companies: Lowes ($LOW, ~$125B market cap) had 13,960 shares fail to be delivered at its highest point that month, Boston Beer Company ($SAM, $11.5B market cap) had 295 shares fail to be delivered.

How many shares of GME failed to deliver? 1,787,191. As the white papers points out, the true number of counterfeit shares can be 20x this number. How bad do you think that number will be when we get the numbers for January? I'm willing to bet its many times that. Look at how that compares to other companies' stock:

Histogram showing number of shares that weren't delivered in December (x-axis) vs the number of companies that fall into that bin (y-axis). GME is an extreme outlier

I think this explains all the shenanigans going on the last few days. There is way too much counterfeit GME stock out there and DTC, the clearing houses, and the hedge funds are all in on it. That's why there has been such a coordinated effort to disrupt our ability to buy shares. No real shares can be found and it's about to cause the system to fall apart.

TLDR; We probably own way more of GME than we think and that is freaking out Wall Street because it could prove they've been up to some extremely illegal poo poo and the whole system could implode as a result.

Disclaimer: I'm just a starving engineering PhD student and I don't work in finance. I have no inside knowledge of how the financial system works and I may be wrong on some of this. This is not financial advice and you shouldn't trade based on it. I am book-smart but I still eat crayons like the rest of you. Obligatory rocket: 🚀

​EDIT 0: Looks like I truly belong on this sub. On the first version of this post I didn't read the file description properly and summed a cumulative distribution. My numbers were wrong, but I have updated the plot and post with the correct numbers.

EDIT 1: You should also note this is the distribution for NASDAQ tickers, not the entire NYSE. I doubt that the distribution trend is any different though.

EDIT 2: Evidence that Fannie May and Freddie Mac were killed in 2008 via short attacks using counterfeit shares: report. Exactly what I think they were trying to do to GME.

EDIT 3: A lot of people were hung up on the "3 shares per wsb subscriber thing". I know many accounts are bots, I was intentionally underestimating that number. I have adjusted to 10 shares per "legit subscriber" to reflect this without changing the total amount I think retail owns.

EDIT 4: What I'm seeing on Twitter makes me think I'm being interpreted a little too hyperbolically when I say "Something big enough to blow up the entire financial system." We're not going to go back to mud huts, people. This could just be really disruptive for a short amount of time and cause a number of firms to face liquidity problems, possibly bankrupting some of them. Life will go on and I'm confident regulators and government will step in and protect people if necessary. Hopefully they pay more attention to enforcing securities laws going forward to prevent this from happening again.

EDIT 5: Backup link for white paper.

EDIT 6: I am getting thousands of messages. I won't be able to respond to all of them. Here is an FAQ:

How do I learn investing?I am not an authority on this, but my personal opinion is to first learn how to read a company's financial documents and value businesses and only then start thinking about putting your money into specific stocks. Read "the intelligent investor" by Benjamin Graham for this. Then learn how to think about picking stocks. I like Peter Lynch's books for this.

What is going to happen this week? I have no idea and I wouldn't dare to guess.

Are you going to be killed? I don't know where people are getting this idea. I have no special knowledge or insider contacts, and I am in no way, shape, or form an expert on the market or the system behind it. Please treat my tinfoil-hat conspiracy theories as just that. There is nothing to gain from harming me and I have no doubts about my safety. These are just personal opinions and I don't have any schemes to "take down the shorts" or anything like that. I do not advocate for you to buy, hold, or sell. I'm just postulating on how we might have found ourselves in this place.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
me reading that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyUG59ojEhU

hold up the japanese anime ripoff by Shiro Sagisu is much more appropriate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkD37n3cy14

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 07:56 on Feb 1, 2021

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

GWBBQ posted:

i would like this to be a thread pls, i love UFOs

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Makes sense. $3250 to bring down the financial system seems like a bargain.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

gh0stpinballa posted:

i would like this to be a thread pls, i love UFOs

There is a ufo thread in gbs but unfortunately most of it is just the exact same joke repeated over and over.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

I think ghosts and psychic powers are boring, but I really enjoy speculation about alien civilization or far-out naturalistic poo poo like derelict space probes from prehuman civilizations, or lost ancient human civilizations--what we'd look for and how we'd know. It's all empty speculation, but thinking about deep time and lost things really hits my sublimity receptors.

fukken love me some Silurian Hypothesis. PETM occurred after 10 million years of dinosaur-free climate stability - plenty of time for some critter to grow a crinklebrain and start burning poo poo tons of coal before climate-loving themselves out of existence. Carbon energy sources are just really slow, really huge bombs, and we might not be the first species to detonate one on this planet.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Not exactly conspiracy theory territory, but it's weird that the bigfoot costume in the Patterson-Gimlin film had boobs. Why would a 1960's American man put boobs on his bigfoot hoax costume? For a film he planned to show everywhere he could? Americans will cover up a statue that has boobs. And this was the 60's, people were even more afraid of a naked boob. Putting them on a bigfoot costume seems unthinkable.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
For anyone who knows: when Marjorie Taylor Greene is described as being a "9/11 Truther", exactly what does she believe about 9/11?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

gradenko_2000 posted:

For anyone who knows: when Marjorie Taylor Greene is described as being a "9/11 Truther", exactly what does she believe about 9/11?

That the response to it didn't go far enough. Or something decidedly more anti-semitic.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Animal-Mother posted:

And this was the 60's, people were even more afraid of a naked boob.
only the people supporting the Hays Code tbh

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I feel like if you have an actual room temperature superconductor that's something that can't be patented, considering how that would rocket our industrial and scientific knowledge forward harder than anything we've made since like, the car.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

There is a ufo thread in gbs but unfortunately most of it is just the exact same joke repeated over and over.

I really wanted PCS to be a serious forum but like, it was just people posting about ghosts pooping and that sucked

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
hello thread, long time no see

https://twitter.com/JimWebb2016/status/1379158059906371589
https://twitter.com/JimWebb2016/status/1379158352702361600
https://twitter.com/JimWebb2016/status/1379158630981902345

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

drat, that is a really good one. Love that mask exemption card; can’t wait to see one of those show up where I work.