Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Kodak 120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Who?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Oh, cool critique, that's very hurtful.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
You all mock other artists in here?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Full disclosure on a few things here, folks. I do actually know my way around a camera and editing. The gate pic was an experiment of sorts showing the extremes in Luminar AI if you throw every option and slider at a photo. Yes, it was intentionally overcooked. The sky isn't even real, that can now be faked in, the flare is fake, haze was added, etc. It was a throwaway photo from a year ago that wasn't in focus and as a case study in being able to turn a crap shot into a salvageable shot I started messing with it. Once I learned that you can literally paint a new scene in Luminar I went nuts trying to make a photo that actually looked painted. I wanted to see what I could pull out of a photo that I normally would delete. So yes, overcooked but for a purpose.

The Kodak 120 was shot on a $15 plastic holga in a series where I was learning not only to shoot film for the first time, but on a janky throwaway camera that falls apart when you try to load film.

You all didn't know that background, but I'm saddened that as artists we are tearing others down instead of building them up.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

bobmarleysghost posted:

you think calling your photos terrible is tearing you down?

Me specifically? No.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

xzzy posted:

If you want a hugbox to farm congratulations for your art, make a facebook group.

In these parts you get torn down so you can build back up the right way.

I think I'm pretty hip to that criterion.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Part of my art, off this board, is people's reaction to art and the psychology behind it. So it's interesting to me to see fellow artists telling someone to not do art a certain way, to stop making art, or just generally calling them terrible. It doesn't lend to growing a community of like-minded individuals. Creative criticism and being kind to others is different, as seen in the approach of bellows, and my hat is off to you, goon.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Now back on the subject of fences

Too much haze? That's my critique

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

RangerScum posted:

this isn't even a fence it's a gate, foh

Oh snap, wrong thread. Sorry everybody, please shift+delete all the above.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

MrBlandAverage posted:

Welcome to the something awful dot com forums! I think this is the fastest we've seen someone move from rolling with the punches to the puppetmaster stage. :tipshat: Can I ask in which Facebook group you found these images?

Oh thank you, they were captured by me. Alas, I have to admit the only group of books I've faced lately are these.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Check out the bokeh balls on this guy

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
That's really nice

Adbot