Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

This one is my favorite because it so easily subverts the traditionally held notion that fences are an effective means of control over space. The plastic chair on the ground is the fallen throne of he (because of course it's a he) that would reign over his dominion.

EDIT: The use of found imagery serves to remind us that copyright law, like fences, is ineffectual at preventing artistic expression, despite the wishes of those who stand to gain from controlling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Stephen Shore, New York, New York, 1974, stereo slide

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Pleiadian Light posted:

Part of my art, off this board, is people's reaction to art and the psychology behind it. So it's interesting to me to see fellow artists telling someone to not do art a certain way, to stop making art, or just generally calling them terrible. It doesn't lend to growing a community of like-minded individuals. Creative criticism and being kind to others is different, as seen in the approach of bellows, and my hat is off to you, goon.

Welcome to the something awful dot com forums! I think this is the fastest we've seen someone move from rolling with the punches to the puppetmaster stage. :tipshat: Can I ask in which Facebook group you found these images?