Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Lowtax posted:

This will confuse you more: the same year there was an Uncle Buck TV show, as well as a Parenthood one.

I would be down for a TV remake of all John Hughes movies. I always thought that the fist pump at the end of The Breakfast Club was more of a new beginning than an ending.

e: for some reason I picture Uncle Buck being animated :shrug:

hevnz 2 murgatroyd fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

I would be down for a TV remake of all John Hughes movies. I always thought that the fist pump at the end of The Breakfast Club was more of a new beginning than an ending.

e: for some reason I picture Uncle Buck being animated :shrug:
TBH
The Breakfast Club would be the better animated series

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

EugeneJ posted:

That's so lazy to use the film footage with Lithgow and the movie cast and then cut to the poo poo TV actors right away

edit: WHY DID YOU MAKE ME FIND THIS

:(

I bet that woman in Predator really regrets touching the Predator's blood now.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

The Management posted:

Parker Lewis was a better show because the Ferris kid was a smug turd.
He was ultra-smug in the movie, but he was able to pull it off because he eventually showed some redeeming qualities, and also his friend got really pissed about his dad and destroyed his Ferrari 250 GT Spyder. But in the Bueller sitcom, and I just watched a few episodes and really really really tried to give it a chance, he comes across as simply a manipulative piece of poo poo that's constantly breaking the fourth wall and basically trying to get his sister either imprisoned for life or to commit suicide. For reasons.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jennifer-aniston-dated-ferris-bueller-show-costar-charlie-schlatter-2014284/
Nelson recalls of the costars. "To we immaturions on the show, this seemed extra-hot. Like performative incest."

Maybe his smug attitude and the weird vibe of the show came from all the performative incest

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I knew this show existed but I've never seen it.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
This looks like pre-nose job Aniston, but he says his sister had a nose job in the first ep. Maybe she had a few.

Brad Pitt chose poorly when he dumped her.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Lowtax posted:

He was ultra-smug in the movie, but he was able to pull it off because he eventually showed some redeeming qualities, and also his friend got really pissed about his dad and destroyed his Ferrari 250 GT Spyder. But in the Bueller sitcom, and I just watched a few episodes and really really really tried to give it a chance, he comes across as simply a manipulative piece of poo poo that's constantly breaking the fourth wall and basically trying to get his sister either imprisoned for life or to commit suicide. For reasons.

Yeah, like the whole thing that made ferris bueller attractive to everyone is that you should hate him, based on the fact that he's cocky, over-sure of himself, and one of those people that never faces any consequences for his actions, but you don't because he generally used this qualities in an effort to actually help his friends, in particular Cameron. Like yes, he's taking this day off and loving around because he's kind of a selfish dick, but by the end of the movie, it's obviously much more about the fact that he's seriously worried about his potentially suicidal friend, and because he wants to spend time with this girl that he genuinely has feeling for and figure out what that's going to mean for the future now that high school is ending. And so his cockiness and lack of caring about consequences become admirable qualities, something we should all strive to achieve, because they are the result of being an incredibly ernest person instead of masking his insecurity.

The TV version is just.... eghhh.... I hate him.

I'm more just relieved to learn that I'm not the only one to have VERY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT FERRIS BUELLER.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lowtax posted:

There's a show about a white woman marrying a black man and the show is called "True Colors." It seems the year 1990 occurred around the year 1940 or so.

We haven't gotten too far even in 2019...

https://www.cbs.com/shows/bob-hearts-abishola/video/J1xu3ry2QJ3ZJnq_R1uaaRQ1yrFlbZuM/first-look-at-bob-hearts-abishola-on-cbs/

best bale
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lipstick Apathy

Goddamnit America

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How does Brad Pitt feel free about this?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Gaunab posted:

Probably awesome. I'd feel awesome about everything if i was Brad Pitt, why wouldn't you?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Lowtax posted:

Am I the only person here who:

3) Now wants to die a lot more?

yes, but just in a general-malaise kind of way

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Biohazard posted:

Probably awesome. I'd feel awesome about everything if i was Brad Pitt, why wouldn't you?

Didn't Angelina get a restraining order against him? I'm thinking life isn't as perfect him as you'd think.

It's probably still pretty awesome though.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Lowtax posted:

These are the 34 new shows all the major networks chose to debut in fall of 1990. Some are obviously classics, but most are, well, embarrassments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5FiKq1rRJw

Honestly this is amazing as well.

Advertising "stereo sound" as a feature.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Universe Master posted:

Advertising "stereo sound" as a feature.
All shows did that back then even though nearly every TV had one speaker in the center.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Gaunab posted:

Probably wondering if being in that show is as bad as being cast in Cutting Class. (his death scene is amazing)

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Jennifer Aniston is hot in spite of having a weird man face. How is this possible? Am I gay?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Relayer posted:

Jennifer Aniston is hot in spite of having a weird man face. How is this possible? Am I gay?

She looks like Dustin Hoffman.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Probably wondering if being in that show is as bad as being cast in Cutting Class. (his death scene is amazing)

Cutting Class owns, I will not hear a bad word about it!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Relayer posted:

fantastic body and she seems really needy and easy to manipulate, I'm assuming from her being dumped al the time

naem
May 29, 2011

Supreme Allah posted:

fantastic body and she seems really needy and easy to manipulate, I'm assuming from her being dumped al the time

that plus her not perfect face makes her seem attainable

there’s something hot about attainable

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

naem posted:

that plus her not perfect face makes her seem attainable

there’s something hot about attainable

Lol, good luck bro

RoRz0r
Sep 7, 2010
Chandler Biiiiiiing!
-joey (friends)

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
Jennifer Aniston is my wife how dare you

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

Jennifer Aniston is my wife how dare you

Why in the ever-loving gently caress would any non-celebrity date a celebrity? Why sign up for a life of no privacy? Just bang a super rich non-famous person instead, that seems way more reasonable.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Biohazard posted:

Why in the ever-loving gently caress would any non-celebrity date a celebrity? Why sign up for a life of no privacy? Just bang a super rich non-famous person instead, that seems way more reasonable.

It's even easier to bang a poor person tho

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Biohazard posted:

you'll understand when ur in love

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

im actually surprised they dont rebroadcast old garbage that happens to feature someone who made it big

I imagine they wouldn't have to worry about contractual poo poo

This movie is a slog. I watched it knowing it would be bad, but it's bad and boring, not bad and hilarious.

How the hell do you make Tom Hanks having a psychotic breakdown where he thinks his D&D game is real boring?!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Relayer posted:

Congratulations!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'd hang out with Ms. Aniston and play with her bazongas and stuff if she asked me.

Thats just my opinion, personally.

Ferris Buelers Day Off was a good movie.

naem
May 29, 2011

Leon Einstein posted:

Lol, good luck bro

I apologize for insulting your ex mister Pitt

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

naem posted:

I apologize for insulting your ex mister Pitt
Apology accepted

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

I just learned they tried a 2nd Uncle Buck TV adaptation in 2016????

But why

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Victis posted:

I just learned they tried a 2nd Uncle Buck TV adaptation in 2016????

But why

Because they assume flipping him to a new race would just immediately make it marketable instead of, ya know, writing a decent series. I mean there's been good shows out there with worse premises than uncle buck, it's not impossible.

Changing the gender or race of characters has become this supremely lazy thing in re-booting series, when it should instead be an opportunity to tell stories from a new vantage point and give women and people of color more opportunities in acting/writing. I'd be loving furious is I was part of either one of those groups.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
jennifer if you are reading this i think you're a great actor and i could really be a great companion so please email me thanks!

naem
May 29, 2011

Mozi posted:

jennifer if you are reading this i think you're a great actor and i could really be a great companion so please email me thanks!

Same! And also Angelina Jolie! You’re single now too! Also Gweneth Paltrow! Basically all of Brad Pitts ex girlfriends call me!!

Gwen please take the eggs out if your hoo-haa first though and Angie no horns this time ok? It was cute at first but c’mon now

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Is it weird that I only thought Gweneth Paltrow was hot in royal tanenbaums when she was in love with her brother or something?

Yes, it is weird.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

drat and here I just thought he killed people with his car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

She was funny in Horrible Bosses