Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I'll just wait for the new Galaxy Note and then lug it around in a loving wagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Lowtax posted:

okay gently caress Samsung, I will not buy their poo poo because I'm personally tired of it and you all have confirmed that it's garbage. But to all the people recommending the Pixel, what does that have over the OnePlus 7 Pro? I'd obviously like to go with a stock Google build and get their updates quicker, but I don't know what makes it better than the OnePlus 7 Pro. i dress myself sometimes

i would trust google over oneplus on hardware, just for trustworthiness

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i would trust google over oneplus on hardware, just for trustworthiness
I honestly do not trust Google for poo poo

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

oneplus has had a few nasty security issues that makes me not trust them so much as a corporation. it’s prolly ok now but,

Emptyquoter
Feb 26, 2014

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

goog phones are the only android phones that actually get real update support for more than 2 months before you bought it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

many people also manually quit their apps to save battery life but it actually makes your battery life worse

wait what

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

don't quit your apps unless one of them is misbehaving, if you quit the app your phone has to reload everything from "disk" instead of resuming from a suspended (not using any processor time) state

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

gruber has a bunch of citations if you're interested in the details https://daringfireball.net/2017/07/you_should_not_force_quit_apps

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
all phones are bad in their own distinctive ways. there is no way to win this game.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

don't quit your apps unless one of them is misbehaving, if you quit the app your phone has to reload everything from "disk" instead of resuming from a suspended (not using any processor time) state

drat. thanks for the link.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

my bitter bi rival posted:

drat. thanks for the link.

:tipshat:

spread the word to others who still make this mistake

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

my grandmother does this lol

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
if you have any sort of technical background (besides web dev) that should be obvious

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Lowtax posted:

I'll just wait for the Galaxy Fold

Do not recommend - the spines on them are remarkably fragile

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lowtax posted:

Yeah but she says it happens to her every year, a little bit after the newest model has been released.

Also I'm totally up with getting the Pixel 3A (I'm on TMobile)

:ssh: She's angling for a new phone? :ssh:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

let us know which iPhone you get op ^^

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

ill start the patreon

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i would trust google over

man, listen...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

we can at least be somewhat confident that the Chinese government isn't going to happily share whatever data they have on us with American LE

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
all androids send all your data to google. the chinese ones just also send it to a prc server.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah so why would I care about the latter

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Jonny 290 posted:

I recommend an iphone op

I, a non-farmer and general internet user, do not recommend the iPhone 6. the worst iPhone.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I, a non-farmer and general internet user, do not recommend the iPhone 6. the worst iPhone.

gently caress off, Moo Cow.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
get one of them jitterbug phones for olds

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

im also going to say "get an iphone"

if you must get a phone that is not an iphone the pixel is the only thing even remotely worth considering since it wont be packed to bursting with lovely preinstalled apps that cant be removed without a phd in computer science and it will also get updates to fix critical security vulnerabilities for at least 10-15 days after you buy it unlike literally every other android phone

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

please note: "I don't care about security" is not a valid stance

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i mean im all for an iphone but having seen a friend get the s10 husky edition i can say they are nice and samsung generally gets regular updates, but those updates are random touchwiz changes or whatever which are dumb. its a real monkey paw phone company but all the wishes are ironic

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

moo cow is right in this instance. op should not buy a five year old iphone that's going to be end of lifed by the end of the year. one would have to be an idiot farmer in new zealand to make such a dumbass mistake.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

akadajet posted:

my grandmother does this lol

i did too lol :stonk: :shobon:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Endless Mike posted:

moo cow is right in this instance. op should not buy a five year old iphone that's going to be end of lifed by the end of the year. one would have to be an idiot farmer in new zealand to make such a dumbass mistake.

I think he's a pharmacist though?

Buy an iPhone 8, OP. They're real good.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
okay I just got one of those phones that has two buttons total and both of them speeddial the paramedics

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lowtax posted:

okay I just got one of those phones that has two buttons total and both of them speeddial the paramedics

:yosnice:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

just used one of them now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lowtax posted:

help is on the way

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lowtax posted:

:ohdear:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lowtax posted:

thank you for your custom your ambulance bill is $8000

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the best thing about iPhone is the something awful app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Endless Mike posted:

:tipshat: ‘reckon.