Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
ars technica loved the one plus https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/05/oneplus-7-pro-review-the-fastest-best-designed-best-value-android-phone/

but for real, get an iphone

Lowtax posted:

My wife has been using iPhones since a zillion years ago and she complains they start making GBS threads out after a year or so, when the updates start making them slow.

apple isn't as good as people say but this isn't really a thing, there's something else going on (throttling because of a dead battery, some system corruption that can be fixed by an erase and restore, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Lowtax posted:

Yeah but she says it happens to her every year, a little bit after the newest model has been released.

doing this is not in apple's interest and is a bizarre conspiracy theory

many people also manually quit their apps to save battery life but it actually makes your battery life worse, many people are bad at understanding technology

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

OldAlias posted:

I don’t have any complaints about my SEs performance and it’s been years, it’ll be fine for me until it stops getting updates

likewise, my 7 is still fine

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

don't quit your apps unless one of them is misbehaving, if you quit the app your phone has to reload everything from "disk" instead of resuming from a suspended (not using any processor time) state

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

gruber has a bunch of citations if you're interested in the details https://daringfireball.net/2017/07/you_should_not_force_quit_apps

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

my bitter bi rival posted:

drat. thanks for the link.

:tipshat:

spread the word to others who still make this mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006