Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

SUNKOS posted:

I think that Salvation could have been decent because there's some good ideas in there, it's a shame they screwed up. I liked the idea of seeing a future where John doesn't know what the hell to do and just has a vague idea of what's coming because of his childhood. It was a clever take and the human not knowing he was a machine was good as well. There was the potential for a good movie in there somewhere.

Salvation's biggest strength was the series was finally set in the Future War which has always been where the series could finally move forward. Especially with regards to clearing up exactly what was the situation with Skynet and the Resistance prior to the Terminators being sent back in time (T1 and T2 kind of contradicted themselves on little details there and was a source of debate amongst fans if I recall).

Yeah, it didn't quite happen and I really have no expectations for Dark Fate except for seeing what Linda Hamilton and James Cameron can do with what they are given. I don't even buy the "It's a direct sequel to T2!" because literally every, single, drat entry thus far (including the TV show which was actually really good) has said the same thing only to have it all scrapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Tart Kitty posted:

There are a thousand possible stories in the Terminator franchise, but the films will follow the Connor family until the heat death of the universe.

Well, even Disney is starting to find out you can only follow the OT of Star Wars for so long until fans kinda get tired. Hopefully they learn like Disney had to after Solo bombed.