Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

For real though anyone doing research in ML or machine vision should stop. The downsides of these technologies significantly outweigh the benefits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I often speak to older people who drive but only when the conditions are perfect and only around the neighbourhood, like not into CBD, and not around 9 or 3 or 5 lol

maybe you just shouldn’t drive at all. this one dude I have in mind has a single beer once a week at the pub and drives home and I’m
sure he’s under the limit but also what does that mean to a 92 year old he’s probably hosed off his face with a single beer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the black and white model of intoxication

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the difference between skilled/experienced drinkers and amateurs is the ability to focus and concentrate. amateurs get distracted their hosed mind where pros can concentrate hard enough to survive

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
every day I try and I continue to aim for that glorious death concentration

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
reading between the lines is dogwhistle for some of the symptoms of schizophrenia

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lomarf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i found out about tensorflow arduonios and now I want to join the club

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
perhaps it’s unique amongst screenings in that it uses radiographic data rather than values 🤷‍♂️

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'll show you my confidence interval

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:supaburn:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what could you do with a lot of real
estate data

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe I should learn about what those things are

gf works for news website. shes being given loads of real estate data, but what she needs to do is direct what to do with it. the crux is, what can be gained from analysing it?

is this a problem of imagination, ie, we just need to think more about the potentials

or a problem where the solution is throw the kinds of thing you're talking about at it, and make the data tell us what's relevant within it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that t-sne looks interesting but I fell asleep looking at a YouTube of what it is

Pinterest Mom posted:

when you're given a bunch of data, you wanna ask yourself "what's interesting about this setting"

do the data span an interesting time period? are there policy variations over time or between jurisdictions or observations, what do you know about the variation, what kind of data do you have, and so on

you can't just throw a dataset into an algorithm and have it come back with "hey actually here are the interesting facts and patterns", knowing what to look for is still a human skill

hmm well this seems very reasonable. thanks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
purpose of machine learning is to avoid understanding

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
neither lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vodkat posted:

i got some ideas, you got an address i can contact you on?

mandruku at gmail but idk if you’re serious :qq:

Max Facetime posted:

https://twitter.com/cstross/status/1270273981283794948

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1270314033724481538

Microsoft’s AI editor’s job: be possibly racist

Microsoft’s human editors’ job: cover up for the racist AI

tell me is MSN microsoft? and and MSN and NBC combine to make MSNBC?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wtf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
someone post an albino black dude for balance

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Arcteryx Anarchist posted:

“albino black dude”

racism is incredible

yeah after I wrote that I was like "is this wrong" but then again I don't really get how in amaerica calling someone black is ok at all. so forgive me for loving up the use of your hosed up language

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

is he black or is he white? is he a she? does this person destroy every single stereotype known to mXn

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
doesnt count as sex sorry

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJzmCUvLNrI

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its so incredibly shameful that the software is caled waifu

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
can we train machines on songs ?

https://open.spotify.com/track/57u4RUJ7PG5V7es1BRvv1L?si=--mq5wANRx63XAYBG86S_A

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i tried to hit play on that track many times on my gfs spotify during 2019 so her most played list would have two hours of farts over 2000!!!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i failed. probably for the best

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the kind of machine learning where you train it on a picture with a style and apply that style to another image

can someone tell me what the name of the technique is, or recommend a link or something

like https://deepart.io/

I wanna gently caress around with it on my own pc. can I do that?

can you train it on many images to try to derive a style from many images?

my main purpose is to try to see if it's possible to subtly make my renders look, illustrated.

might end up looking like total dog poo poo
but ya never know

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m not sure what you’re trying to say in that last sentence

but surely you’ve seen rodtronics bullshit

anyway thanks for the hot tip

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cool

ive found this https://pypi.org/project/neural-style/ and gonna get my head round some of the commands

also ill have a look at that gimc thing

i only want a subtle effect

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm thanks

my first result turned out absolute dogshit and it’s kinda burned me lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm yeah: they all just look like style transfer. tempted to blend back with the original so effect is more subtle

but yeah I was thinking i could maybe introduce a style somehow so my renders would look less rendered and more drawn. but coming to conclusion this isn’t the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is that the one that does more pixel based effects rather than anything “neural”?

kinda like loving around with pixels but not sure the best way