Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I for one welcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

bragging that you only were 50% confident the cat was covid lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Midjack posted:

read the article, bottom of page 2. the argument on this statement is a little convoluted, the author is saying that as gdp goes up general societal trust goes up and he’s using trustworthiness ratings of portraits as a proxy for general societal trust.

edit: yeah boy howdy this is kind of junk science and i thought nature was better than this.

Nature Communications charges a $5,700 publishing fee too lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

echinopsis posted:

the kind of machine learning where you train it on a picture with a style and apply that style to another image

can someone tell me what the name of the technique is, or recommend a link or something

like https://deepart.io/

I wanna gently caress around with it on my own pc. can I do that?

can you train it on many images to try to derive a style from many images?

my main purpose is to try to see if it's possible to subtly make my renders look, illustrated.

might end up looking like total dog poo poo
but ya never know

Google colab is perfect for this, you run the python on google hardware for free. Basically most AI stuff like this you can search for “___ colab” and find a working example.

https://colab.research.google.com/g...Execution.ipynb

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

echinopsis posted:

hmm thanks

my first result turned out absolute dogshit and it’s kinda burned me lol

yeah the style transfer stuff is really loving hard to get good results

i tried to make some 2020 food lines photos look like norman rockwell and these are probably my best results after generating 100+ (and learning about how to work around interactivity requirements on colab)

you might try very simplistic images that mostly have only a texture or only a pattern or just one style so the ml can transfer just one thing, won't produce as "realstic" results but would probably look cool