Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

https://twitter.com/mcberkman/status/1167573164446011392

gently caress the labor party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
just lol if you actually have emotional responses and aren't completely numb to australian politics at this point

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Shoot me with your police magnum revolver, Gridlocked. The mission is over.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They took the Biloela family to Christmas Island lol.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/andrewwhiteau/status/1167452859320827909?s=20

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thatfatkid posted:

just lol if you actually have emotional responses and aren't completely numb to australian politics at this point

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
McGowan is probably going to get turfed in WA, before metronet even gets off the ground and the Beeliar wetlands will be levelled entirely in revenge for 2017. The kwinana outer harbour will be abandoned and the region will continue to rot, as the inner western suburbs (where nearly all the Liberals ACTUALLY live) will continue to flourish.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
90% of urban australia will be wetlands again by 2020 and it won't be because of political initiative

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
not necessarily healthy or biodiverse wetlands mind you

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I can not wait till I have sea side veiws cause brisbane and ipswich drowns to climate change

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Stevefin posted:

I can not wait till I have sea side veiws cause brisbane and ipswich drowns to climate change

Are you an infant?

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Absolutely disgusting.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

JBP posted:

Are you an infant?

I am just embracing how doomed we all are

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Wizard Master posted:

Absolutely disgusting.

You shoulda arrested her rear end, I looked up the citizen arrest laws after that knife guy and they're bananas permissive

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Wizard Master posted:

Absolutely disgusting.

Don't most states exempt police from mobile phone use while driving laws?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Mr Chips posted:

Don't most states exempt police from laws?

Yes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Stevefin posted:

I am just embracing how doomed we all are

You can do that without help from global warming or whatever

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

JBP posted:

You can do that without help from global warming or whatever

I'm not even sure what you're being a priss about

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

McGowan is probably going to get turfed in WA, before metronet even gets off the ground and the Beeliar wetlands will be levelled entirely in revenge for 2017. The kwinana outer harbour will be abandoned and the region will continue to rot, as the inner western suburbs (where nearly all the Liberals ACTUALLY live) will continue to flourish.

Mate you're confusing WA with Queensland

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/AlanJones/status/1167645124085440512?s=19

That's probably the best endorsement the family could hope for in a practical sense

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Brown Paper Bag posted:

https://twitter.com/AlanJones/status/1167645124085440512?s=19

That's probably the best endorsement the family could hope for in a practical sense

Dunno about that.

I’m a tough guy, but not as tough as Dutton on wannabe refugees.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Even Barnaby support them:

quote:

"The people of Biloela seem to be pretty enthused about keeping this family there. I think we should also be listening to them,"

"great, thanks, real good quote there minist-

quote:

"A family that’s not making the traffic more difficult in Sydney or Melbourne or Brisbane, that are working in a regional area doing jobs that other people may not be willing to do

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Did you know that if you're living in even a low density residential area in one of our small to medium cities, while receiving newstart, and you move to one of these rural areas Barnaby goes on about needing workers in order to look for one of those handful of jobs, you'll automatically receive a 6 month suspension from newstart unless you move back home? I wonder if Barnaby knows :thunk:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Mate you're confusing WA with Queensland
An extremely easy mistake to make to be fair.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Cartoon posted:

An extremely easy mistake to make to be fair.

I devised a handy mnemonic to tell them apart: if it's a big racist state, you're in Queensland, mate. If the state's racist and big, it's WA, dig?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Someone make a new thread.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Eat my rear end

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: Albos eventual successor.

Does Federal Labor have anyone, (and I mean anyone), with charisma, a decent profile, and/or left leaning proclivities?

Penny Wong maybe, but as far as I know she doesn't want the poisoned chalice. And given her flip flopping on Same Sex Marriage she has proven that she will bend over to a conservative party room.

Or are we hoping for someone new, shiny, and exciting to arise between now and the next election to crush our dreams and lose to the newly appointed PM Dutton?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm the highest profile Labor person with charm and sex appeal

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Sure as poo poo can't be anybody from NSW Labor. So it will deffo be somebody from NSW Labor.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
The next labor PM hasn’t been born yet

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Re: Albos eventual successor.
Penny Wong

Ah yes, the female, Asian, lesbian, Senator. No issues there, sign her up now.

My real, non-dickish answer is it needs to be someone who can win Queensland and/or WA first and foremost, which means realistically it probably has to be someone from one of those states. I still think Jim Chalmers would have been a good choice for a bunch of reasons, and before anyone says "but he's from the right!", keep in mind so was Bill while Albo is in the left, and you'd be forgiven for thinking the opposite was true. Factional alliances don't necessarily mean a whole lot in relation to policy or leadership.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Whitlam posted:

My real, non-dickish answer is it needs to be someone who can win Queensland and/or WA first and foremost, which means realistically it probably has to be someone from one of those states. I still think Jim Chalmers would have been a good choice for a bunch of reasons, and before anyone says "but he's from the right!", keep in mind so was Bill while Albo is in the left, and you'd be forgiven for thinking the opposite was true. Factional alliances don't necessarily mean a whole lot in relation to policy or leadership.

Krudd v3.0

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Whitlam posted:

I've got the answer right here, the man who can win QLD and WA is uhhh.. wait.. is this.. yes I'm being told this is correct... Scott Morrison.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Spent father's Day with my family and hey were all talking about how great Morrison is doing.

Death is certain. gently caress the boomers. Etc etc

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Them jumping to the defence of boris saying forcing no deal brexit is a great idea was pretty sickening too.

I can only assume they had all read he arsetralian this morning or something.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

norp posted:

Spent father's Day with my family and hey were all talking about how great Morrison is doing.

Death is certain. gently caress the boomers. Etc etc
how could you think that

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

bowmore posted:

how could you think that

He stopped the last 6 years of Labor Waste

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Country going great, gently caress, haven’t changed prime ministers this year, how good is that?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

If you think of politics as a team sport then yeah Morrison has done well, his team won, unified itself a lot more and the other team is in full retreat.

If you think politics is about managing the country well then not so much.