Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

does it still have the dogshit Diablo loot? I'll play it anyway but it had some really bad
baffling design decisions that got in the way of the good stuff a lot (team ninja game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I liked Nioh a lot but kind of blundered through it without ever feeling like I had clicked with the mechanics lol. Never played the DLC as I was stuck on some of the endgame challenge fights with 2+ bosses and didn't want to progress until I'd beaten those. Hopefully starting fresh with this one will help

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I felt like I never really got the hang of ki pulsing, I did it reliably but it felt like it took up a lot of my concentration and added a weird distracting rhythm game element to the fights. Probably should have branched into those skills.

Honestly I think I would have struggled to beat the game without the ninjutsu that slows bosses down to 50% speed and has like five uses lol, seemed crazy overpowered

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

if youre a psychogamer souls freak then unlock the skills that let you ki pulse on dodge and then you can more or less play it like bloodborne and just never block. flipmode is if youre always blocking, using a purity weapon will let you recover ki you lost from blocking using a ki pulse.
oh that sounds neat. I've forgotten more about the game than I thought lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the slow talisman was my absolute crutch in Nioh 1 and it's incredible how much stuff it worked on

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Once it clicks this game let's you do whatever you want and I love it.
I hope it lets me suck off men in the big shed :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :weed: :D

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

got this a few weeks ago and finally made it past character creation

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

pretty sure im on the next-to-last boss of this game and I just need to clear it already, it kept pissing me off lol. but i will prevail.

overall this game badly needed more area variety and the skill system is bloated w dumb crap but its very cool

yeah I got burned out on the first one and never got round to the dlc so I'll take this one pretty slowly between other games I think.

Can't decide what Majima's moveset should be, I feel like the most appropriate choice is probably like dual swords and tonfas to zoom around like a maniac with magic to give them the demonfire dagger thing, but I don't want to use those, so I'm probably just going to use the switchglaive which looks awesome and fists because those are always fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

these people are loving demented. I don't know what a soul core is but apparently I have a purified one now. It costs 8 to use. 8 what? Yes. Alternatively I can turn it into Soul Fragments via the Resting Rites, so that's good. It gives me +4% in my weird lump of stones... stat? I can do soul fusion, but that doesn't increase the level of a soul core, only its rank. Obviously. You stupid loving retard imagine not knowing the difference between a soul core(?) rank(?) and level(?) and how it changes the lump of stones stat(?) . you fudcking cuck