Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
bumping this cause been replaying now that all dlc is out and super ultimate edition is coming out soon. good game, still need to try the new dlc weapons which seem epic like splitstaff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Forgot to mention but very important to say the cart demons in the dlc can gently caress off they freaking suck!

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the ps5 version loads everything instantly. im finally doing the underworld levels and finishing up the final difficulty level. the giant loving bird guys from the last dlc are the hardest enemy in any game ever and they are showing up everywhere lately and half the time they are either the enemy that controls the dark realm or theyve got the purple buff :stare:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
these motherfuckers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNtKHBmsr4c

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
its the same game but better. if you like nioh, then you will like nioh 2. if you dont like nioh, then you will prolly not like nioh 2

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
this game is the best action rpg ever, it never ends if you dont want it too and theres endless ways to build or change your character because theres one billion systems to learn and you can use as few or as many of them as you want

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Nioh 2 fixes that because I can’t think of any fights that have two bosses present at once just back to back after you beat them. That was my least favorite part of the first one cause the game isn’t really designed around fighting multiple boss caliber enemies at once

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
early on too you just dont have enough ki or unlocked skills for weapons to pull off long/cool combos and stuff better to just get a simple one in and then recover. i started a new game to relive the early days since way of the nioh/underworld are just so different and trying out every single weapon. switchglaive is better than I thought and splitstaff seems like it is beastly with all the abilities unlocked but its funky getting the timings down since all the moves have extended versiona nd some attacks hit twice but like slower than the dual swords when they hit twice in a single input

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I felt like I never really got the hang of ki pulsing, I did it reliably but it felt like it took up a lot of my concentration and added a weird distracting rhythm game element to the fights. Probably should have branched into those skills.

Honestly I think I would have struggled to beat the game without the ninjutsu that slows bosses down to 50% speed and has like five uses lol, seemed crazy overpowered

if youre a psychogamer souls freak then unlock the skills that let you ki pulse on dodge and then you can more or less play it like bloodborne and just never block. flipmode is if youre always blocking, using a purity weapon will let you recover ki you lost from blocking using a ki pulse.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Just checked apparently have 180 hours on my current character :stare:

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Wait till you fight the dlc bird enemies :stare: