Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Is it my imagination or is the First Ward mobs all significantly harder targets then the typical 20-30 faire? Like the Forlorn and their super strength punches hurt even at 60% Res, the Shepards are just dumping -def and -acc all over you and even those Dreg dudes feeling like their working me over a little more than seems reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

So is there any kind of exodus happening from Indom to the goon server?
no

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Is there a goon SG on Indom?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

metasynthetic posted:

Is there a goon SG on Indom?

there's a global channel (@goonsquad) but no real SGs since prestige costs don't exist so you can just buy whatever and invite your own alts with the /altinvite command

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Caidin posted:

Is it my imagination or is the First Ward mobs all significantly harder targets then the typical 20-30 faire? Like the Forlorn and their super strength punches hurt even at 60% Res, the Shepards are just dumping -def and -acc all over you and even those Dreg dudes feeling like their working me over a little more than seems reasonable.

Not sure, but I can say with confidence that I freaking hate the possessed soldiers since I’m running a stalker right now. Whole drat enemy type that eliminates a big part of the AT’s core. Hooray for the new out-of-stealth assassination strike mechanic at least.

For those not familiar, the possessed enemies take a small amount of damage before dropping their meat shields and being regular mobs. So assassin strike from hiding does effectively nothing. My best move is starting with an aoe and playing like a squishier scrapper with a bit more burst.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I want to take better advantage of the swap ammo mechanic with dual pistols, is there an easy cheat sheet for which factions are weak to what attacks?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

PoptartsNinja posted:

VVV I could see that working too. It's a pity -end tends to be so bad against AVs, but for general soloing/teaming I can't see that performing badly.

The devs claimed way back in the day that even if the AVs' end bar didn't move all that much, depleting it below a certain level would still deny them certain moves that required (but did not use) a certain minimum amount of endurance. Personally I couldn't ever detect much of a difference, usually because I was nearly always on a team with other options for mitigation.

That said, one of my all-time favorite characters since launch was a kin/elec defender. Power Build Up (from the Energy epic pool) + slotted Power Sink was definitely effective right off the bat in locking down a mob in absence of any AoE crowd control. Of course, if you had any sort of dedicated AoE damage on your team, Fulcrum Shift was often even better as an opening move (since instant death is the best mitigation of all), but the situational flexibility was a huge attraction for me.

And of course, there's always Speed Boost.

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 30, 2019

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

DangerDan posted:

Speaking of this, I had some weird pubbie give dumb advice about how 90% vs 75% resist "didn't matter for real content" or some inane garbage like that when I was giving build/archetype advice to pubbies. The man genuinely seemed to just ignore the fact that each % of defense/resist you get is worth more than the last because of what I presume is Scrapper-brain :psyduck:

A lot of people really have a hard time understanding percentages and how they interact with "time to live" and so on. They just see it as like "Oh it's only 15%, that's barely any difference", rather than like, a person at 90% resist will live more than twice as long as someone at 75%.

clone on the phone posted:

I want to take better advantage of the swap ammo mechanic with dual pistols, is there an easy cheat sheet for which factions are weak to what attacks?

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Enemies_with_Vulnerabilities_to_Specific_Damage_Types

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 30, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Thanks for that.

Also, how much of a big deal is it when a power set gives no psionic protection?

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Thanks for that.

Also, how much of a big deal is it when a power set gives no psionic protection?
It's an annoyance but it's not fatal. Worst case is you get to munch inspirations like candy for a mission or two.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Not quite my favorite build or character, but probably my most creative yet:

BirdsUponBirds
Feb 19, 2013
The public server has the important feature of stumbling over, for example, Antivax Karen waiting to level up or The Attractive Nuisance luring people to leap off tall objects!

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

What are various goon opinions on the ranking of the Melee Sets; from 'Best Set Ever' to 'God drat, Does This Suck'?

Claws: Not bad but not great.

Dark Melee: Great single target damage, pairs well with defense sets. Almost no AoE.

Dual Blades: Fun to watch, but the combo system is kinda dumb. Damage is pretty good.

Electric Melee: Dps isn't great, and draining end from mobs really doesn't have an impact. The teleport attack is fun.

Fire Melee: Meh.

Kinetic Melee: Dps is ok, not great. Feels like it was designed with only a few low budget 70's chopsocky movies as a reference. Worth mentioning that it debuffs damage, which is about the only debuff that AVs don't innately resist.

Martial Arts: pretty good, not amazing.

Psionic Melee: Meh. has some weird choices, like a single target confuse with no damage.

Radiation Melee: Pretty good. One of the few melee sets with a passive damage ability.

Savage Melee: Eh. Feels like Claws with a coat of paint.

Spines: Pretty good if you like AoEs. Another passive damage aura.

Street Justice: Decent damage, fun to play.

Super Strength: Pretty good. I've lost track of whether Rage is good this week.

Titan Weapons: OH GOD YES YES YES :fap:

Anything not listed I haven't played much.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
I have always heard so many positive stories about this dumb game and I cannot wait to play it.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I had a friend say the same thing and they installed it, played fifteen minutes of it, and said 'It runs really bad on my computer' and uninstalled.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Here's a link to the old Goonbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wdtfml4xt1ephc/Goonbox-modified.rar?dl=0

Maybe someone wants to make a white-washed "PC" version of it also.
Probably get it down to like 50mb.
Of course it wouldn't be Goonbox any more.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

DangerDan posted:

Speaking of this, I had some weird pubbie give dumb advice about how 90% vs 75% resist "didn't matter for real content" or some inane garbage like that when I was giving build/archetype advice to pubbies. The man genuinely seemed to just ignore the fact that each % of defense/resist you get is worth more than the last because of what I presume is Scrapper-brain :psyduck:

This game was the first tangible demonstration to me of the concept of increasing percentile returns, this situation in particular. The CoH community was always chill but never smart.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Gynovore posted:

Claws: Not bad but not great.This is so wrong. So..so wrong. Claws is about the 3rd highest ST DPS in the game for melee. *The* highest AOE for melee

Dark Melee: Great single target damage, pairs well with defense sets. Almost no AoE.

Dual Blades: Fun to watch, but the combo system is kinda dumb. Damage is pretty good. The damage is only beat by TW.

Electric Melee: Dps isn't great, and draining end from mobs really doesn't have an impact. The teleport attack is fun.

Fire Melee: Meh.

Kinetic Melee: Dps is ok, not great. Feels like it was designed with only a few low budget 70's chopsocky movies as a reference. Worth mentioning that it debuffs damage, which is about the only debuff that AVs don't innately resist.

Martial Arts: pretty good, not amazing.

Psionic Melee: Meh. has some weird choices, like a single target confuse with no damage.

Radiation Melee: Pretty good. One of the few melee sets with a passive damage ability.

Savage Melee: Eh. Feels like Claws with a coat of paint.Dots don't crit. Best on a brute

Spines: Pretty good if you like AoEs. Another passive damage aura. Anything Boss HP or higher and this set stops dead.

Street Justice: Decent damage, fun to play.

Super Strength: Pretty good. I've lost track of whether Rage is good this week. Rage is hosed. Right now, it's just Strength. Not Super Strength. It's on WS18's priority list to un-gently caress.

Titan Weapons: OH GOD YES YES YES :fap: Only if you figure out how to play it. poo poo ain't easy but it's extremely rewarding.

Anything not listed I haven't played much.

There are no number ranking of Best-Worst unless we are talking DPS numbers. Fun is fun. Doesn't matter if you can't solo an EB at -1 or if +4 AVs aren't a challenge.

The claws comment got me moving. I'm pretty biased to Claws and it's actual DPS just makes me giddy Going to add some things. Don't mind me...

Broadsword: It's not great, it's not bad. Looks awesome and "feels" good. Battle Axe is about the same.

War Mace: Take all the things you like about BS/BA. Now add numbers to it that are just ridiculous and awesome. War Mace owns.

Staff Fighting: I'm sure BABs is still pissed off this badass looking set was poo poo on number wise so hard. It's actually numerically solid on a stalker.

Katana: Looks awesome and is a beast when it comes to actual DPS.

Energy Melee: Ded. It's just...ded. I had a "numbers person" say it was the best DPS in the game and that made me instantly discredit them on everything before and after because they were serious. EM is dead. If you want to be hardcore do EM/REG brute.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 30, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

So what’s the Titan Weapon secret you need to figure out?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Recharge. As much global recharge as you can get.

(granted this is the secret to 90% of other builds...)

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I dunno. But the street justice secret is it makes really satisfying bone crunching sounds, and if you do a shin break after you've knocked someone down it looks like you're stamping on their stupid face as they're trying to get back up.

I feel this is far more important than dee pee ess.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I still think Kinetic Melee has some serious Real rear end Potential with the second wave of ATO sets. On a Stalker you're looking at pretty insane synergy with the Assassin's Strike proccing Hide for a guaranteed follow up crit, the tier 9 recharging Build Up on a crit, and the second Stalker proc recharging Build Up in whatever other power you wanna throw that in.

Put a Gaussian's proc in Build Up and reap the rewards of that double Build Up life.

You could do something similar for a Scrapper as well, keeping Power Siphon and the stacking damage buff going constantly, but I dunno if that makes up for the loss of Assassin's Strike.

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Titan Weapons actually requires a rotation and enough recharge to do that rotation. You just can't copy a top TW build, faceroll it, and expect the same numbers like other sets. If you hop on the discord, hop in the mids channel, and check out one of the pins I wrote up, a TW FAQ is pinned going over it.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I still think Kinetic Melee has some serious Real rear end Potential with the second wave of ATO sets. On a Stalker you're looking at pretty insane synergy with the Assassin's Strike proccing Hide for a guaranteed follow up crit, the tier 9 recharging Build Up on a crit, and the second Stalker proc recharging Build Up in whatever other power you wanna throw that in.

Put a Gaussian's proc in Build Up and reap the rewards of that double Build Up life.

You could do something similar for a Scrapper as well, keeping Power Siphon and the stacking damage buff going constantly, but I dunno if that makes up for the loss of Assassin's Strike.

I actually think you're on to something with the stalker version of Kin Melee. I have tested it on scrappers. It's given me better DPS than Fire and Ice melee, but not by much.If it's any idea how much a Kin Melee stalker might get out of it, the stalker version of Staff Fighting beats out Fire and Ice Melee for scrappers, but not Kinetic Melee. No, I am not testing Staff on anything else. gently caress no.

Tommy 2.0 fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 30, 2019

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

KM is good, but it's not quite as good in practice as it is on paper. The t9's attack animation is a billion years long, and AFAIK as a trade off for recharging build up it doesn't do crit damage from hide. So even with build up, it doesn't hit quite as hard as say crushing uppercut in SJ, which hits like two trucks duct taped to a freight train.

The second stalker proc is a flat 5% chance for any (well "most") attacks to recharge build up btw, it doesn't matter what you slot it in.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

so i noticed something about Titan Weapons: It's got Defensive Sweep as its first attack on Tankers. Does that mean you get a parry that bruises everyone it hits as well?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
So I saw mention of the Summer Blockbuster content up earlier, and I had a few questions regarding that.

One, how do you access it now on Homecoming or the Goon server?

Two, I remember that the Blockbuster Enhancement sets sometimes had quite fun, neat interactions and set bonuses. How well do they scale vis a vis Invention Origin Enhancements?

Also, how well do Stalkers operate for some solo play? I don't mean full on +3/8 but at least not getting pasted at +1 or +2 for daring to get out of stealth in a pack of mobs and having the survivors of whatever alpha strike or attack chain of yours look at you funny afterwards and sneezing on you. Kinda want to step away from some of my Brute/Tanker gameplay.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Dinictus posted:

So I saw mention of the Summer Blockbuster content up earlier, and I had a few questions regarding that.

One, how do you access it now on Homecoming or the Goon server?

Two, I remember that the Blockbuster Enhancement sets sometimes had quite fun, neat interactions and set bonuses. How well do they scale vis a vis Invention Origin Enhancements?

Also, how well do Stalkers operate for some solo play? I don't mean full on +3/8 but at least not getting pasted at +1 or +2 for daring to get out of stealth in a pack of mobs and having the survivors of whatever alpha strike or attack chain of yours look at you funny afterwards and sneezing on you. Kinda want to step away from some of my Brute/Tanker gameplay.

Click "LFG" in the chat window, click the "holiday" tab (may need to be scrolled into the window) and queue. Get a team of four in as a premade or take your chances on tank/tank/brute/scrap.

Blockbuster enhancements automatically scale to your current level, and if you have a 6-slot attack to put them in are KB resist on top of a fairly standard spread.

When you pop out of stealth your assassin strike now does some AoE -tohit and fear, and all sets have a three-attack charge to a quickfire assassin strike when you're in the open. It's alright!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Homecoming Patch Notes
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3220.0.html

Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/HKyisPxu

My main takeaway:

quote:

Immobilize Powers in Controller and Dominator primary power sets should no longer make their targets immune to KnockUp. KnockBack will be converted to KnockDown. This helps sets like Ice and Earth, as their AOE Immobilize power will no longer make their AOE Knockback power useless.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

E: ^^^ oh wow that's an amazing change that I didn't even realize I wanted.

Stalker is very soloable at moderate notoriety. You can use Assassin Strike from Hidden to open up by deleting the most dangerous lt or minion, and put many bosses down 1/2 to 3/4 of their max hp. This will also put fear and -ToHit on nearby enemies, allowing you to clear through a few more or finish the boss before things get more serious. One of the ATO Stalker sets has an enhancement that will put you back in Hide on a crit, which you should absolutely put in Assassin Strike so you can hide again and immediately crit with your second strongest attack after you kill the first guy.

Outside of Hide, AS is an instant cast instead of an interruptible move. It won't auto crit by default, but by using other primary attacks you build up stacks of Focus that can be spent to guarantee a crit with your AS. Between the initial attack from Hidden, Placate, Focus, and the ATO chance to hide, you can potentially get a lot of use out of AS in the middle of a fight to spin around and wipe out a full hp minion while you finish off another with regular attacks.

In a straight up fight they have less staying power than a Scrapper or Brute but the whole point is to kill dudes before it turns into a straight up fight. Ambushes are an annoyance because they can detect you despite Hide (use terrain to force them get close so you can at least open with a non-AS crit) and EB/AV level enemies with extremely high resistance to your damage type or passive AoE damage fields (Silver Mantis :orks:) suck to deal with.

All Stalkers also have the benefit of being able to speed run any mission that isn't a kill all or escort, so if your main concern is not jumping into a Brute sized pile of moms mooks and demolishing them all, Stalkers solo really well

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 30, 2019

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'm not that upset to see DFB take a hit but man it was really nice doing 3 dfbs and hitting 18ish and having a really solid set of powers to start punching nazis with in steel canyon.

Titan Weapons is a set I need to play more of because it's basically a fury warrior from WoW which was one of the best specs in that game. Just do as much poo poo as you can in a 5 second window and probably kill everything in the pack in the process.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

That graphics change for burst of speed is so good I might actually try the powerset out.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

Blockbuster enhancements automatically scale to your current level, and if you have a 6-slot attack to put them in are KB resist on top of a fairly standard spread.

When you pop out of stealth your assassin strike now does some AoE -tohit and fear, and all sets have a three-attack charge to a quickfire assassin strike when you're in the open. It's alright!
Stellar. I'll look forward to something flowing and water styied then. That Tropical Thunder? hippie character from the previous thread did have something to its outfit that might help with the concept.

Then again I also just had an amazing idea for a hydra using a Crab Soldier backpack and the headless look.

Stellar. Looking forward to succumbing to altitus again.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 30, 2019

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

As a bit of a note on Assassin's Strike and the stuff with Assassin's Focus, something I want to be sure is clear is that if you get Assassin's Focus to three stacks and use the Strike, you do not get the shank damage. You "only" get a regular double-damage critical, which is still really good, but if you want the enemy-exploding shank, you have to deal with the wind-up by using it from Hide (or on a Placated target).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Reposting from the last thread, here are my custom /popmenu files.

First things first. You need to open the folder you have the game installed in. In that folder, look for a folder named data. If it doesn't exist, create it. In that folder, look for (or create) a folder named texts. In that folder, look for (or create) a folder named English, with a capital E. Finally, inside that folder look for (or create) a folder named Menus, with a capital M.

That's where your custom .mnu files will go: [X]:\[City Of Heroes Path]\data\texts\English\Menus\. For example, I have the game in City Of Heroes on my E drive, so my path would be E:\City Of Heroes\data\texts\English\Menus\.

First up, Monitor.mnu. (:siren: If you downloaded this from the last thread, please redownload this version to replace it. I didn't use the proper command syntax for making the Answer Yes macro, so it never created said macro. I've deleted that version, and uploaded a fixed version. :siren: ) Here's what it looks like:

code:
//My Settings For New Characters
//
Menu "Monitor"
{
	Title "Combat Attributes"
	Option "&1 Current Hit Points"	"monitorattribute Current Hit Points$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&2 Current Endurance"	"monitorattribute Current Endurance$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&3 Regeneration Rate"	"monitorattribute Regeneration Rate$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&4 Recovery Rate"	"monitorattribute Recovery Rate$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&5 Endurance Consumption"	"monitorattribute Endurance Consumption$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&6 Damage Bonus"	"monitorattribute Damage Bonus$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&7 Recharge Time Bonus"	"monitorattribute Recharge Time Bonus$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&8 Experience To Next Level"	"monitorattribute Experience To Next Level$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&9 Influence"	"monitorattribute Influence$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&0 Experience Debt"	"monitorattribute Experience Debt$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&X Level Shift"	"monitorattribute Level Shift$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Divider
	Menu "&Hero Settings"
	{
		Title "Load Hero Settings"
		Option "&Windows"	"wdwloadfile h_wdw.txt"
		Option "&Chat"	"chatloadfile h_chat.txt"
		Option "&Options"	"optionloadfile h_options.txt"
	}
	Menu "&Villain Settings"
	{
		Title "Load Villain Settings"
		Option "&Windows"	"wdwloadfile v_wdw.txt"
		Option "&Chat"	"chatloadfile v_chat.txt"
		Option "&Options"	"optionloadfile v_options.txt"
	}
	Menu "&Praetorian Settings"
	{
		Title "Load Praetorian Settings"
		Option "&Windows"	"wdwloadfile p_wdw.txt"
		Option "&Chat"	"chatloadfile p_chat.txt"
		Option "&Options"	"optionloadfile p_options.txt"
	}
	Divider
	Title "Macros"
	Option "&Z Delete"	<& macro_image DevouringEarthSeed_SeedOfHamidon_NoRegeneration Z "inspdelete awaken$$inspdelete bounce_back$$gototray 1" &>
	Option "&R Reset"	<& macro_image E_ICON_CalloftheSandman "Reset" "leaveteam$$gototray 1" &>
	Option "&Y Answer Yes"	<& macro "Yes" "dialog_yes$$gototray 1" &>

Divider
	Title "Load Binds"
	Option "&L Load Binds"	"beginchat /bindloadfile C:\Binds\.txt"
	Option "&N No Binds (Set Chat Tabs)"	"beginchat /bind TILDE popmenu ChatTabs"
}
Now let's break it down.
code:
	Title "Combat Attributes"
	Option "&1 Current Hit Points"	"monitorattribute Current Hit Points$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&2 Current Endurance"	"monitorattribute Current Endurance$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&3 Regeneration Rate"	"monitorattribute Regeneration Rate$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&4 Recovery Rate"	"monitorattribute Recovery Rate$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&5 Endurance Consumption"	"monitorattribute Endurance Consumption$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&6 Damage Bonus"	"monitorattribute Damage Bonus$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&7 Recharge Time Bonus"	"monitorattribute Recharge Time Bonus$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&8 Experience To Next Level"	"monitorattribute Experience To Next Level$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&9 Influence"	"monitorattribute Influence$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&0 Experience Debt"	"monitorattribute Experience Debt$$ popmenu Monitor"
	Option "&X Level Shift"	"monitorattribute Level Shift$$ popmenu Monitor"
For this, you press any combination of 10 keys from 1-0 or X, and it will open the Combat Monitor, and fill it with those 10 items. By adding the $$popmenu Monitor to the end, it instantly reopens the popmenu, so you can just literally press 1234567890 and it'll get the first 10 items.

Note that these are they keys along the top of the keyboard, not the Numpad keys.

code:
	Divider
	Menu "&Hero Settings"
	{
		Title "Load Hero Settings"
		Option "&Windows"	"wdwloadfile h_wdw.txt"
		Option "&Chat"	"chatloadfile h_chat.txt"
		Option "&Options"	"optionloadfile h_options.txt"
	}
	Menu "&Villain Settings"
	{
		Title "Load Villain Settings"
		Option "&Windows"	"wdwloadfile v_wdw.txt"
		Option "&Chat"	"chatloadfile v_chat.txt"
		Option "&Options"	"optionloadfile v_options.txt"
	}
	Menu "&Praetorian Settings"
	{
		Title "Load Praetorian Settings"
		Option "&Windows"	"wdwloadfile p_wdw.txt"
		Option "&Chat"	"chatloadfile p_chat.txt"
		Option "&Options"	"optionloadfile p_options.txt"
	}
Next up, the Divider code will put a horizontal line there, to help keep the sections seperate. You'll see 3 menus listed, Hero Settings, Villain Settings, and Praetorian Settings. Each one will have a little triangle pointing to the right next to it, so it kinda looks like Hero Settings >. Pressing H, V, or P will expand that menu, allowing you to load saved Window, Chat, and Options files based on character alignment.

Two things to note:
1) These files need to be in the \data\ folder. Again, using my installation, it would be E:\City Of Heroes\data\.
2) These files don't exist normally, and need to be created by you. This is done by logging in on a character of the alignment, and using the folling slash commands:
/wdwsavefile h_wdw.txt
/chatsavefile h_chat.txt
/optionsavefile h_options.txt

Replacing h_ with v_ or p_ for Villain or Pratorian, respectivly. I did this mainly because I like having Blue/Red/Gold windows for my Heroes/Villains/Pratorians. If you don't care about that kind of thing, you can replace that section with the following:

code:
	Menu "&Settings"
	{
		Title "Load Settings"
		Option "&Windows"	"wdwload"
		Option "&Chat"	"chatload"
		Option "&Options"	"optionload"
	}
Note that the space between the left side of the screen and Menu is actually a TAB, as is the indentation for Title and Option, and the space between "Option &Thing" and "command". The & symbol makes the letter/number after it an accelerator, so that you just have to press that letter/number, instead of clicking it.

Macros!
code:
	Divider
	Title "Macros"
	Option "&Z Delete"	<& macro_image DevouringEarthSeed_SeedOfHamidon_NoRegeneration Z "inspdelete awaken$$inspdelete bounce_back$$gototray 1" &>
	Option "&R Reset"	<& macro_image E_ICON_CalloftheSandman "Reset" "leaveteam$$gototray 1" &>
	Option "&Y Answer Yes"	<& "Yes" "dialog_yes$$gototray 1" &>
This creates 3 macros:

The first one will delete Awaken and Bounce Back, the Small and Medium self rez Inspirations. I use this one once Large Inspirations become common. As I keep it on Tray 2, the $$gototray 1 at the end makes it delete the Inspirations, then return to Power Tray 1.

The second one will reset a mission. I use this when farming a mission that requires me to click a glowy to end it. I can kill all of the baddies, then use this, and it instantly boots me out of the mission, and resets it. Since the command is /leaveteam, you probably don't want to use this while on an actual team. YMMV.

The final one just clears that pesky popup every time you enter a mission. You know, the one that says, "You entered the warehouse. Time to do the thing!" with an OK button? Yeah, that. No more having to click it. I hit + to switch to Power Tray 2 before I click the door to enter the mission, so that as soon as it loads, I can hit the macro, and go on my way.

Oh! The first two use the special command macro_image. This allows you to have a custom image for the macro, instead of the grey circle with text on it. It has to be an image in the game, and I think it has to be round, so enhancements and powers work best. The DevouringEarthSeed_SeedOfHamidon_NoRegeneration icon is a Healing Cross Icon with a circle around it, and a diagonal line through it, while E_ICON_CalloftheSandman is the hourglass icon the Call Of The Sandman IOs use. Yes doesn't have one, because I couldn't find a good one to use.

code:
	Divider
	Title "Load Binds"
	Option "&L Load Binds"	"beginchat /bindloadfile C:\Binds\.txt"
	Option "&N No Binds (Set Chat Tabs)"	"beginchat /bind TILDE popmenu ChatTabs"
}
Finally, this lets you load keybinds for specific characters, if you do that kind of thing. The first one will activate chat, and auto fill it with /bindloadfile C:\Binds\.txt. You'll have to press the left arrow key to move the cursor back so it's between the \ and .txt parts, and manually type the name of the file. Sadly, this can't be 100% automated, because it doesn't parse the $name command correctly.

Also, you'll need to edit the path to point to wherever you save your bind files. For example, mine are in E:\COH\Binds\, so I'd edit it to say E:\COH\Binds\.txt.

No Binds will instead just rebind TILDE from popmenu Monitor to:

ChatTabs.mnu

code:
//POPMENU File changing the active Chat Tab
//
Menu "ChatTabs"
{
	Title "Bottom Window"
	Option "&0 Tab 1"	"tabselect Tab 1"
	Option "&1 Team"	"tabselect Team"
	Option "&2 Tells"	"tabselect Tells"
	Option "&3 Tab 4"	"tabselect Tab 4"
	Option "&4 Tab 5"	"tabselect Tab 5"
	Divider
	Title "Top Window"
	Option "&6 Global"	"tabselect Global"
	Option "&7 Rewards"	"tabselect Rewards"
	Option "&8 Help"	"tabselect Help"
	Option "&9 Events"	"tabselect Event"
	Divider
	Title "League Chat"
	Option "&League"	"tabselect League"
}	
Pressing ` (you know, the ~Tidle~ key? That ~weird key~ to the left of the 1 at the top left of your keyboard? Yeah, that one!) will bring this up, and let you change your active Chat Tab with the press of a key. It comes in handy in combat. Note that for it to work, you need to do the following:

1) Change Tab 1/Team/etc. to the exact name of your chat tabs
2) Have your chat window divided into 2 sections, with a top and bottom. If you don't do that, just delete the Divide and Title "Top Window" parts.

Finally, after rebinding, you can bring up either menu at any time by typing /popmenu Monitor or /popmenu ChatTabs into chat. And yes, capital letters matter!

Also, note that due to the way the game works, it reads .MNU files ONLY at launch. Once you've launched the game, any changes you make to existing .MNU files, any new .MNU files you create, or any old ones you delete will not be acknowledged by the game. You'll have to completly exit the game to modify them.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
That DFB change is good. I saw someone in their 40s still doing DFB because they were getting about half a level per clear of it, which is pretty absurd. I suppose it was nice for some free xp while watching a movie or whatever since you barely have to pay attention, but that's obviously not what DFB was intended for

I hope they tweak some of the other stuff, like DiB, upwards to actually encourage it since I see almost no one running it. Everyone just runs Posi 1 at that point but I'd like some variety!

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Does anyone have that tweak to extend the view distance? Someone posted it in the last thread. I've been noticing the pop in more and I'd like to just load the whole zone or w/e on my beastly modern rig. :smug:

Beard Collector
Sep 2, 2004
Skallet8732's pain brings me the pleasure of demon cock.

quote:

Immobilize Powers in Controller and Dominator primary power sets should no longer make their targets immune to KnockUp. KnockBack will be converted to KnockDown. This helps sets like Ice and Earth, as their AOE Immobilize power will no longer make their AOE Knockback power useless.

Bonfire with KB -> KD was god tier on firekin before, but it wouldn't knock them down if they had fire cages on them. Made it so sometimes had to choose between better control (knockdown) or triggering containment (fire cages). If I am reading this will no longer be the case and would be quite the buff. (I am also reading it as bonfire will knock them down without the IO if they have fire cages on them, too. Which is a nice buff before you get the IO as well)

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Is the gameplay actually fun or will coming back tarnish my rose tinted memories of running through The Hollows with whatever alt I had made that week.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Dual Swords - Bio stalker is super fun. Am I missing something, or do you take basically all of the Bio moves? They all seem super useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Is the gameplay actually fun or will coming back tarnish my rose tinted memories of running through The Hollows with whatever alt I had made that week.

I think 8 man group PVE in this game is some of the most fun I've ever had in an MMO. Especially when you run things like the Imperious Task Force, you end up fighting so many enemies it feels like you're in a Dynasty Warriors game.

As a returning player to Homecoming I think you'll appreciate the free travel powers obtainable at level 1 (ninja/beast run and a jump pack), earlier unlocked travel powers, baseline stamina on all characters, plus a bunch of other quality of life changes.