Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Honestly I like the idea of "wizard gives up Magic for fancy gadgets from catalogue" a lot more than I do the idea of playing a robot MM. But robots and a beam rifle make that concept more real than anything else I can think of.

should've been Sharper iMage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Harrow posted:

I'm playing a good amount of redside these days. What are the most fun villain arcs to do as I level my villain? I'm collecting suggestions for my to do list.

In addition to the ones Thundarr listed, Vernon Von Grun and Television are great arc series. Grun keeps showing up in the background of other villain missions and he's delightful all the while.

For non-40 stuff, Dean MacArthur and Leonard in Sharkhead Isle are pretty fun (and tie into future arcs, in fact) as does Vincent Ross. In Nerva Archipelago, Crimson Revenant and Psimon Omega both end up coming back during the post-praetoria arcs at max level and are enjoyable enough. Also in Nerva is Timothy Naylor, who has a fun arc. Port Oakes has Mr. Bokor and Radio Radio RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY, along with Peter Themari (who has an element from his arc show up in Vernon Von Grun's and in the background of some later missions). Cap Au Diable has Bane Spider Reuben, Brother Hammond, and Marshall Brass whose arc will get you an Ouroborous teleporter. Also in Cap is Dr. Shelley Percey, whose arcs are fine but has a very fun mission in one.

Fun trivia: Nerva Archipelago has three separate story arcs that all end with you beating up Aurora Borealis. It's not a good place for her.

Edit: also Hardcase in Martial is a good one and is tied a bit to Johnny Sonata's whole thing. Also the Slot Machine contact provides a very nice arc, just be sure to read the Clues you get during each mission and the souvenir you receive at the end of it. Unlocking Slot Machine isn't so hard these days, you just need to have beaten up 200 Family mobs, regardless of their level or rating.

Also, when you pick a patron, Scirocco has the most interesting arc. Black Scorpion is awful, Ghost Widow's appreciable, and Captain Mako is just okay.

Extra Edit: Oh dang, almost forgot. Also in Sharkhead: Darrin Wade, who will be very prominent if you do the villainside Who Will Die? Signature Story Arc.

Ironslave fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 20, 2019

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

mastajake posted:

Anyone have good missions/grinding locations for the different Viridian unlock requirements?

Go Rogue and do the Manticore Task Force. Will set you up as far as Paragon Protector defeats for the Infiltrator Badge.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

MechaCrash posted:

Mostly I don't know why you'd want to do a "melee Sentinel," because that strikes me as missing the point. If you want melee and defense powers, why not just be a Scrapper?

And would you ask George Mallory why he wanted to climb Everest?

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

site posted:

I'm glad ouroboros exists because i apparently managed to miss 90% of the story arcs from levels 1-20 just by choosing all the wrong contacts and out leveling the good ones before i could get to them

E: had to laugh at the fact that the one arc I did do, the superdine arc in kings row with the two boss guys, apparently does not count as a story arc for ouroboros
This has been my biggest complaint about blueside since the game came out. They set up finding story arcs as a reward you'd accidentally stumble across but could make it to then-40 level cap missing all except one or two. It's one of the few things redside is better at, as all contacts have an arc or four and your broker can introduce you to all of them.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Abroham Lincoln posted:

You can pop open the LFG tab in-game and stuff’s sorted by level by default. Just hover over the entries for specific details like the exact level range.

(And if it’s highlighted purple, it’s the weekly target for extra bonuses!)

Did they ever get around to making the LFG system and the Cathedral of Pain work?

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
It's a nice check on the comical inflation the original game suffered.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
It's been a while since I played, they added character-specific unlockable costume pieces?

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
I have never felt more invincible in this game than I have while playing a Crab Spider.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Potsticker posted:

All Crab ITF was one of the most fun things I've been a part of.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Of all outcomes, this is the one I expected the least from NCSoft.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
I have difficulty imagining a stronger character build than a properly-IOd Crabstermind. Ludicrous buffs, good damage output, high resistances, a ton of pets to both distract and chew through enemies.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Fajita Queen posted:

What's a crab?

I dunno, what'sa crab with you?

The Arachnos Soldier eventually specializes into one of two archetypes: the Bane Spider, which has a mace and can do a little bit of stealth, and the Crab Spider, which has a permanent spider-arm backpack, a bunch of pets, high Resistance, and a self-heal/HP-boost.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Waffle Shake posted:

The contacts in that level range are also a massive nothingburger, too. It really feels like a step backwards from Cap au Diable. In the previous zone you're out there doing actual supervillain stuff, and then you get to Sharkhead and you're back to being a Family legbreaker, or breaking up dockworker strikes, or some generic whoop-up Longbow missions. Nothing happens in any of these story arcs. Nerva kind of suffers from that too, where the mission writers couldn't think of anything interesting so half the contacts wind up being "Hey Player Character, we need someone to kick Hero X's rear end, here's 3 filler missions leading up to the boss fight."

Nerva has you beat up Aurora Borealis in three different story arcs. She's having a bad day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Am I the only guy who liked Redside? I enjoyed that after a sea of generic missions Blueside when it came out, every contact had a story arc or arcs. Blueside had you stumbling into those by luck.