Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

hup posted:

Would Electric Armor go well with Titan Weapons? I can’t decide on scrapper, brute, or tank, either

Electric Armor is great for any end-heavy set (power sink is great), but works particularly well on any end-heavy set with a lot of soft control (like knockdown). My go-to is stone melee for Fault, but I could see it working really well with Titan Weapons.

Edit: I think regen's problem is the same as Empathy's perceived problem: making green numbers appear is reactive and doesn't do anything to mitigate alpha damage. If regen got a fairly early "eat (20%?) self damage for 2-3 purples worth of defense" on, say, Dull Pain's cooldown (instead of Dull Pain) to let the set tank an alpha while letting the regen actually do its job (and as sort-of a teaser for Moment of Glory) that might help it a lot. Also probably adding in better resistance (or immunity) to -regen and -healing effects.

VVV I could see that working too. It's a pity -end tends to be so bad against AVs, but for general soloing/teaming I can't see that performing badly.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gynovore posted:

Savage Melee: Eh. Feels like Claws with a coat of paint.

Savage Melee is loving crazy on a Brute if you've got a set that gives you extra +recovery. I solo street swept my SM/Bio from 20-22 in less time than it took me to IO out at 22. Those DoTs are no joke.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Wasn't there a method to get a super tiny character by editing a saved costume file in some way?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Merilan posted:

could you make Repel great by slotting KB to KD on it

Does "Repel" even take KB to KD? Knockback and repel are different effects, I know forcefield can't slot it in most of its repel fields. Force Bubble would be amazing if it could take KB to KD but its' a repel effect so it can't.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Inzombiac posted:

Help, I can't come up with a compelling reason to make a Blaster over a Corruptor.

Blasters are a steady supply of Vengeance before the next mob?

Non-joke answer: the secret to playing Blaster well is "I'm going to blow you up... and I brought all my friends to help!"

Edit: I played a FF Defender to 50 and hated every minute of it. That was back when the bubbles were single target and a 3 minute duration meant you had just enough time to get both bubbles on everyone before the first bubbles started fading, so maybe it sucks less now that you have time to use your secondary? (Mine was Elec but elec blast being The Worst is widely known)

Sonic is FF's evil mustache-twirling doppleganger and it's significantly better for the lessons learned between CoH's launch and CoV.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 17, 2019

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Inzombiac posted:

Is the solo Defender damage bonus good enough to go that route or should it just be a Corr?

CoH ATs were built with teaming in mind but could be soloed out of necessity.

CoV ATs were designed with the knowledge that players sometimes enjoy soloing even when they didn't have to and were designed with that in mind.

Edit: They're both good ATs so it really boils down to which powerset you want to get the best tools for first.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 17, 2019

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Inzombiac posted:

Edit: lmao no one had the name "Illusion of Time" soooooo gotta make a new Troller.

Imagine the four balls from Radiation blast's sniper attack on the edge of a cliff. Time works the same way.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
CoV makes a lot more sense when you realize the villains are Lord Recluse, Captain Mako, Ghost Widow, Lightning Edgelord, and Hug Scorpion.

You are a henchman. An extremely powerful one to be sure, but most of the redside content was written under Jack "Statesman" Emmert's watchful gaze and he had... issues? allowing the players bet the star of the show (he was basically an "oldschool" GMPC-type dungeon master). The VEATs even double down on this by making you start as a trash mob.

Most of the non-paper non-tips Villain arcs are about propping up some NPC and the only real question you get to ask is "how disloyal can I be this time?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Tabletops posted:

what's y'alls favorite ranged/blaster (or whatever) powerset? I want something that is fun and flashy but also powerful enough for good solo, I guess?

Try an Ice/Fire blaster.

Ice Blast is not heavily resisted*, has two single target holds and all-around high base damage (because it lacks a sniper), the lack of early AOE is mitigated by /Fire's early Fire Sword Circle, and Ice's lategame AOE is top-tier thanks to Blizzard (and Ice Storm)'s... shall we say casual relationship with the AOE target cap.

Cauterizing Aura also means you never need to worry about endurance, it's silly how good that power is.

Edit: *And in a way that doesn't make me furious like Psy damage. Psy isn't commonly resisted but the things that do resist psy tend to resist it 70-90%. There's nothing quite like brawling down a bank vault door redside because using your powers on it is a waste of end.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 6, 2019