Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Caidin posted:

I got told today that Lord Recluse is just wearing a techno spider legs backpack like most of his organization and now I'm confused because I thought the Arachnoids were suppose to be hosed up clones of him or something.

So what are his actual rear end super powers he got from drinking fury juice then? The ability to make a really lovely place to live? That's the only thing I can think of that he and Praetorian Cole have in common.

Nah, he's got legit spider legs. They're just armored. "...his back, through Stefan's focused manipulation of his dark power, began developing a hump which later was used to house eight massive arachnid-like arms. Upon further enhancement, the arms were outfitted with super-strong steel claws covering the flesh and bone "arms" that protruded from this hump..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

clone on the phone posted:

Remade my mace/shield character as a brute and it definitely feels a lot squishier than the tanker but maybe that’s because I didn’t get all the defensive stuff right out the gate. Are the numbers on the defensive sets different between brute/tanker or is it just purely the order in which you get things?

I also wish there were more mace options. Most of them are garbage.

The numbers on brutes are worse - a shield tanker's deflection is 15% defense versus the brute's 11.25% - but with sets you can make up a lot of that difference. Brute's get the same base numbers as scrappers, they can just go up to 90% resist like tankers.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Ohhhh you could do headless with a fire head aura and make some kinda candle man.

No head fire aura is a powerful look. The eyes option for Celestial aura is also good. Shame you can't match it with a hood or something.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I don't think so. With my many characters I've gotten a few orange drops over random low level stuff before too. I think the main difference is that there are a lot more farmers now supplying the market.

It is 100% farmers flooding the market. It's also probably why Aegis prices never really go down. Five of those is a nice +4.69 fire defense.

Crasical posted:

What do angry cactus noises sound like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFpRX8ESuI

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Plus Fiery Aura's got two AOE powers (Blazing Aura and Burn), an endurance drain (Consume), a heal (Healing Flames), and it's stupid easy to get to 90% fire resist even with just basic enhancements. It's also real easy to get to 45% fire defense.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

How long does it take to level one of these farming brutes in those AE missions? It might be worth it to give me the freedom to do whatever I want with my army of alts.

At level 45, my fire brute still gets about a level a mission when soloing at +4/x8. Missions are maybe 10-20 minutes? Of very brain dead hitting the aoe buttons to do the aoe stuff.

Spanish Matlock posted:

I imagine you can use that x2 xp thing from the p2w vendor to level until you're ready to farm inf?

Yes, although AE missions have a base reduction to XP on Homecoming. It's still crazy amounts of EXP though.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Yeah, you want to do DFBs first to get your first few powers. Once you're in like IO range you can start handling the x8s and poo poo. If you want a build, here's one I threw together for my spine/fire brute. It's not the best, but it avoids those super expensive winter enhancements while still getting to 45% fire defense. edit: I will say that although I haven't gotten to level 50 no XP inf farm town, if all you want is money then nothing beats the effort to inf ratio of playing the market.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 9, 2019

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

World Famous W posted:

I actually didn't know that so my joke taught me something!

Is it just a general rule for effectiveness or is it only three will actually work?

There's diminishing returns on enhancing power attributes. Here's the page on it. 2 50s will get you pretty much there, the third will have a small effect, and the rest are negligible.

It's also why you need to be careful with spending too much on enhancement boosters. Like me. Burning probably an alt's worth of build money to get Total Focus an extra 10 points of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Harrow posted:

How big of a difference is it to boost up your set IOs? Because I feel like I already tear poo poo up at 50 with just the attuned ones.

It's not much if the power is fully slotted, because it's still subject to Enhancement Diversification. According to Pines, my Bone Smasher has 5 Mako's Bites (4 attribute boosters + the proc) and would go from [290.7 Dam | 217% Acc | 6.7 End | 3.6s Rech] to [295.6 | 228% | 6.27 | 3.46s]. In this instance only damage is at the ED cap in either situation. From a practical standpoint it's also the only one of those three that matters. It already has a shitload of accuracy, I've got permadom so I'm never hurting for endurance, and it's always up when I need it in my attack chain so recharge doesn't matter.

If it's a level 50 only set, if an enhancement sits on its own in a power, or if the set bonus is meaningless there's no reason to get it attuned, but otherwise it's a lot of money for not a big change.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jun 13, 2019