Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Nemo posted:

You can Ouro the DA arcs and repeatedly get thread-side components as end of arc bonuses. I can run the first part of Dream Doctor in like 10 minutes, which isn’t too bad to get a solo Uncommon or better component.

Yeah, I have had good success speedrunning the Heather Townshed arc out of Ouro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

My understanding was that the salient issue was that you could use it to instantly vanish and retreat to the safety of your base at any time, including combat. I understand why they'd take that out.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

To be fair, the only ground based movement options for female characters are the "look, I have hips" walk, and a dead sprint, nothing in between.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Gynovore posted:

Invul has a PSI hole and it's a bit hard on your END bar, but overall it's a good set. As for Regen, the problem is twofold: 1) It's too clicky, and 2) Willpower gives you heal/regen that's approx 60% of what Regen gives you, and on top of that it has defense and resist and tohit debuff, and it's less clicky.

I find that even the most end hungry builds do fine as long as you go for the ageless incarnate ability.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Is there any way yet to double login?

I want to fire farm and have an alt sit at the door.
Or will I need to make another account just for the farmer?

You'll have to make a second account, yes.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Hunter Noventa posted:

I think they can also market the game now? Though it'd be pretty hard to pull in anyone who didn't play back in the day.

I got a YouTube ad for a WoW private server a few times. If you're doing it technically illegally, you can do whatever you want.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Ultimately part of the problem with trying to write content for villains is that in your typical story structure, the villain acts and the hero reacts. For blueside content this fits great with the general MMO structure of "getting jobs from random NPCs" but villains need to be able to pursue their own plans, which the game isn't really set up to support. The newspaper was meant to kind of represent this, where rather than doing the bidding of someone else you're out there doing things on your own initiative, but the paper jobs were all one-offs so they never built up to anything.

There's also the problem that Mr. Incredible brings up at the start of the Incredibles: no matter how many times he saves the world, it finds itself in peril again.

This is great for the heroes side, but villians can't do that. If Cobra Commander beats GI Joe and conquers the world... that's it. Story over. The need for the story to return to the status quo kinda makes villians unable to make any real progress or achive any real success.

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

Waffle Shake posted:

There was always a huge disconnect between the sort of villainous content players wanted to see versus what the devs wanted to write. Players wanted to be building death rays or conquering Baltimore. The devs heard "more evil content" and decided that meant working for incels and poisoning orphans.

This seems relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0NgUhEs1R4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

LRSF is more fun than MLSF. That's what's most important.