Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Is there a costume option of the head of your character being a brain in a jar, Clockwork King style? I was fiddling around last night and couldn't find one, but I've seen at least one screenshot with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

It's called Think Tank, but you have to fiddle with it because I think it defaults to an empty jar-helmet full of water. Maybe it's under full helmets or something, I don't remember, but one of my MMs has it. (It's only enabled on Homecoming that I know of though, I know reddit's i24 didn't have it working when I copied my handful of characters over for whenever I feel like trying i24 version of the game.)

Ah, that explains it, I was on Pleiades when I was trying things out, they probably don't have it working yet.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

spectralent posted:

as a protip to new players:

do not play bot/ff

you will be very powerful and so so bored

Oh no, I did bots/time, will I be too bored to enjoy the game?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
So, with the levelling talk, should I not just be going through my contacts and doing missions for them? Because I did DFB once, then just have been puttering around with my robot buddies, atlas park to king's row to steel canyon. I think I did the 3 radio missions then one bank robbery thing, but I couldn't really figure out how to do the "side quests" in that instance.

I tried one of the first TF's at like level 13 solo (the one where you deal with the lost, don't know the name), and got about two or three missions in before I couldn't do anything. Was debating trying the positron TF (level 18 now, i realize i'm overlevelled for it). As I understand it, TF's are solo-able now? I'm not in a rush to 50, it's just that doing random contact missions is kind of boring. What I remember from playing back in the day is TF's taking 8 hours plus, that's also different now, as I understand?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Nonexistence posted:

What everyone else said but with my added $0.02 that you should basically never be soloing unless you have a very specific reason for doing so. Missions, TFs, whatever - doing it with friends or a gaggle of pubbies is waaay higher on the fun-o-meter.

I don't disagree, but sometimes I feel like a five or ten minute or hour break randomly while playing, and that's not really conducive to grouping. I like being able to say I'm done at any point.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Figured out how to get on the Homecoming server (had been on Plieades) and I'm very sad my brain in a jar can't also be smoking a cigar. Or have pushed-up goggles.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Cause I slotted Knockback and send people flying, which is fun, I just wanted it to happen more often.

I want to see someone slot one of the punches with knockback for maximum knockback, just to see how far you can send a dude flying.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Gynovore posted:

Titan/Elec will make you a walking orgy of destruction, go for it.

Oh, good. I wanted a combo that was OP-ish, just so I can play it badly and still be pretty okay. I got a TW/Electric brute up to around 14 and was thinking it kind of sucked, glad that it picks up before long.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

RAD/RAD tanker is Super Rad

Pick whatever powersets you like, whatever sounds fun. The MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember is that your name must be as punny as possible.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I'm usually asking in goonchat, but if people are ever interested in doing redside strike forces, hit me up. Jarman Ultra. (it's funny because it sounds like a brand of toilet paper).

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

imagine breaking Hide like

Exactly where my mind went as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Sufficient posted:

Don’t give him any travel powers or even a run IO in anywhere.

He can use Power Slide or whatever it's called, but only at walking speed.