Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I got told today that Lord Recluse is just wearing a techno spider legs backpack like most of his organization and now I'm confused because I thought the Arachnoids were suppose to be hosed up clones of him or something.

So what are his actual rear end super powers he got from drinking fury juice then? The ability to make a really lovely place to live? That's the only thing I can think of that he and Praetorian Cole have in common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Is it my imagination or is the First Ward mobs all significantly harder targets then the typical 20-30 faire? Like the Forlorn and their super strength punches hurt even at 60% Res, the Shepards are just dumping -def and -acc all over you and even those Dreg dudes feeling like their working me over a little more than seems reasonable.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Crasical posted:

Beasts is weird to me because It's mostly wolves BUT ALSO LIONS.

EDIT: I mean if it went Wolves / Lions / A Bear then it would bug me less, but it's Wolves/Lions/BIG WOLF and that just screws with me for some reason.

I'mma be honest, it bothers me that this extremely superhero MMO has little to no gorilla representation and that would have been as good a place as any.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

HPanda posted:

See, now this just makes me want a primate MM primary. And then make like 10 of them with other people and sit em all under Atlas/abuse the "goto" command.

I'm trying to think of the ranged attacks built into the set and I'm seeing certain possibilities for toxic damage.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

^^Normal defensive toggles cost way less end than that. Damage auras are 0.52/s which is why I singled them out. A bunch of various powerful debuff toggles cost the same, though I suppose you're not necessarily keeping them on at all times.

Actually, since we're on the subject and it's been gnawing at me for the last couple of days: What are ya'll's preferred way to slot out stuff while leveling? I know the endpoint most powers should be at and obviously endgame builds are their own thing, but what do you prioritize from let's say 1-30? Do you get your defenses kitted out ASAP? Do you go straight through 1 ACC -> 3 DMG -> whatever else on attacks?

I always find myself in odd places in the 20s where most of my slots are spent slowly filling out my damage because I've spent them on other stuff first and I never quite figured out if that's fine or I'm actually hurting myself because the extra DPS I'd get out of going damage first would negate any losses on survivability thanks to killing faster (and similarly save endurance because of the higher efficiency per point spent). Thoughts?

As someone playing brutes and melee DPS in general I usually go buff out my attacks to get accuracy and recharge to a tolerable level, maybe go for stamina but I tend to wait on my defensive toggles until later, maybe getting stamina 3 slotted by around 12 or so according to my endurance needs. I feel like I don't get enough difference out of the slots on Defensive stuff until around SO level enhancement or so, until that point they just get -end slapped on them.

I guess I make an exception for my Elec armor toon, that stuff adds up way fast.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
What if he just sat on a stool or something in front of the toilet? Plus he could safely poo poo down chimney's without fear of smoke or getting burned.

I think he's just not applying himself to this problem.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

imo the best solution is to just leave Super Strength as is for the people committed to their characters, and make a new set for people who want a big super strong punchy vibe and not some dumb crash mechanic.

We'll call it... Superer Strength.

I wanted a super strengthy vibe out of a powerset but also to not be rear end and Street Justice handles the job fine I thought.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So is there a disable XP gain option for weirdo's like me who like to hang out in certain ranges and do rogue missions from the paper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jazerus posted:

yeah it's the bottom option in one of the option menus. very useful if you have brainworms and want to do all of the contacts

Thanks! The UI can be a maze sometimes.