Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Nemo posted:

They also make it really hard to stick with the Loyalists 100% of the time. I just couldn’t bring myself to turn Vanessa over to Mother.

As part of Going Rogue's themes, there are intentionally moral choices you have to make no matter which side you join. The loyalists and resistance both have their hands in some dirty places doing things that are very morally wrong.

Unfortunately, by the time you return to praetoria, Emperor Cole and all loyalists are out right black hat villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Caidin posted:

I got told today that Lord Recluse is just wearing a techno spider legs backpack like most of his organization and now I'm confused because I thought the Arachnoids were suppose to be hosed up clones of him or something.

So what are his actual rear end super powers he got from drinking fury juice then? The ability to make a really lovely place to live? That's the only thing I can think of that he and Praetorian Cole have in common.

Hyper Intelligence and Charisma, as a counter to Statesman getting Hyper Strength and Stamina. Everything he built, he built using his smarts and his charisma.

Praetorian Cole has all four of these, supposedly.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Staff has a gimmick that isn't great. Stalkers, like with most of their sets, remove most of the gimmick.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Took second place in a costume contest today on EL and got 15mil inf. Was pretty fun. We had two people show up with almost identical skull face costumes with all the skulls they could manage. One was black and green, the other was black and blue.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah, I like being able to switch sides as I want.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Merilan posted:

Having the option to insta-switch and having the alignment missions be worth 40 merits is about the best of both worlds as you can get. You're not screwed if someone's calling for content you want to do on the wrong side, but the alignment system is still worth doing since it's about the most casual method to get rewards that doesn't require you to be in a storyarc/TF/Trial/etc.

Yeah 40 merits for 11 missions is an amazingly good deal. Most arcs that run about 9 missions in my experience give like.. 15ish.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Beasts are theoretically the highest damage, but super squishy combined with all melee attacks, if I remember goon talks in the discord correctly.

Demons is the most highly recommended one there, while pubbies say Bots are the best.

Demons have varied damage types, are pretty tanky, have some -res on their attacks, and the primary's attack powers all also have -res on them. You want to take their attacks and be actively hitting things. Bots has pretty not great attack powers, so you don't lose much by taking a more active secondary.

Edit: as for secondaries: Force Field has almost 0 active stuff to do, and is great for pairing with something like Demons where you take a lot of attacks. It gives a lot of Defense, and not much else but hey.

Cold is all around a great secondary for all MMs (and if you play on HC they enabled minimal SFX on it). Survial stuff, but also tons of damage. my 46 Demons MM is Cold/Demon

Time is very active, but very high reward. Do a bit of everything. I tried to pair this with my first Demon MM, and holy gently caress it was too much.

Thermal is like time, but with better healing I believe?

Don't take Storm. Please. Just don't.

Edit: Oh, and Nature is better at healing than Empathy, that also has some good offensive buffing

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 20, 2019

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

hup posted:

What’s the trick to make characters as small as possible again?

Export costume, go to costume folder in my documents, open in notepad, and scale goes down to -36, despite only going, from sliders in CC, down to -27 or something

Edit: then, obviously, you have to load the costume in the costume creator menu either at generation or one of the tailors

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 23, 2019

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I know this game has the issue at multiple points, but it's really hilarious doing DA's arc only after I already got +3. I'm rocking through missions without pause at +2/x8, my pets (crab) can solo a whole group while I aoe down a second in like, 15-20 seconds.

Meanwhile the story and contacts are all WE ARE DOOMED, EVERYTHING IS OVER, THIS IS YOUR GREATEST CHALLENGE YET!

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 30, 2019

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Definitely do not reroll to blaster if you're searching for 'easy to solo'. If I had to rate based on my own PCs, I would say

Brute
Arachnos Soldier
Scrapper
Controller
Sentinel
Blaster

I have 0 experience with anything outside these 6, and my controller is one that I've seen people note as one of the best for controller damage (ill/rad), or else it probably wouldnt be so high

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Oh yeah, I also have a mastermind at 50 who is demons/cold, and it's pretty tough and solo-able. I just forget about her often because I havent touched her much post 50. She was definitely easy to level.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Titan Weapons is great.
Mace is really good.
Katana is ok.
Axe and Broadsword are meh.

But play what you want.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah I have 7 costumes for my crab. Though one was just for a themed contest and I have yet to use it besides to place second.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I have yet to see someone with only pool powers, but I have seen a crab spider with the full fighting pool and every medicine power.

When I asked why he said 'because I hate the backpack'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I had a few RPers get mad at me for singing a badly rendered 'Monster Fash' monster mash remix, that included lots of lines about bashing and beating up fascists for fun.

It only made discussing beating up fascists quasi-IC more amusing.