Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Caidin posted:

So what are his actual rear end super powers he got from drinking fury juice then? The ability to make a really lovely place to live? That's the only thing I can think of that he and Praetorian Cole have in common.

He's got THE POWER OF TARTARUS as the counterpoint to Statesman's POWER OF ZEUS, so maybe kinda? Or maybe he's just REALLY GOOD at Persona 3.

But no the giant spider legs are mutations, he's just (sensibly) covered them in armor and (somewhat sensibly) stuck knives on the end of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Did 'gone to the americans' ever become graffiti or a badge or something in-game? It seems like one of those community memes that would have.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Bapping people with the giant rune from the Sorcery powerset is fun, even if the cast time feels interminable.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I had a friend say the same thing and they installed it, played fifteen minutes of it, and said 'It runs really bad on my computer' and uninstalled.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Beasts is weird to me because It's mostly wolves BUT ALSO LIONS.

EDIT: I mean if it went Wolves / Lions / A Bear then it would bug me less, but it's Wolves/Lions/BIG WOLF and that just screws with me for some reason.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Making Snipe into a ranged lite-ver. of Assassin's Strike works for me. AS (and snipe) used to be "A situational opener power because of the long animation and interrupt window", with stalkers having the addendum of "But you have to take it because it's a cornerstone of your archetype."

Then they made Stalkers good

THEN they gave us the accuracy instasnipe, which was "take Maneuvers with a Kismet ToHit and Tactics 6-slotted with ToHit SOs and you can use snipe as part of your rotation, aren't you cool and good for build-planning!"

NOW they're changing the instasnipe so that 'okay you can use it in combat but it's not as beefy as your big combat opener'.

A lot of the people who are complaining are just going "I've INVESTED to get insta-snipe, and this is punishing ME by changing how it works", which, yeah, I can see their complaints, but on the other hand, I am hearing a lot of unspoken "I've INVESTED, and these other people didn't, so they don't DESERVE IT" between the lines.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Be the alignment you feel in your heart.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Do you have the badge for murdering civilians in Mayhem Missions and if so can you tell me what it's called (you monster)

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
What's the best blaster primary to use if I want to enter redraw hell as a /Ninja blaster? Dual Pistols, Assault Rifle, or Archery?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

TGLT posted:

No head fire aura is a powerful look. The eyes option for Celestial aura is also good. Shame you can't match it with a hood or something.

What do angry cactus noises sound like?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Was this the Reddit Server?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I don't get it, so I wouldn't worry about it being too obvious.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Turtle Sandbox posted:

How important is having "good" powersets for the endgame, have a few chars id like to take to 50 and do some endgame stuff but im always worried im shooting myself in the foot and cant find good info on game balance.

Shoot Tyrant with a freaking bow and arrow. Amaze everyone with your audacity when you kill a god with a sharpened stick. Cultivate the Hawkeye that lives in your heart.

Just play whatever, basically.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
If Paragonwiki is accurate the Recharge Rate buff is a 20% increase, which is not bad at all.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

John Murdoch posted:

And if you're being shot with a gun, you will be continue to be shot with guns because all guns do -Def for whatever reason.

Only burst-fire weapons. The cheapo revolvers and shotguns that the hellions have don't seem to have that component, nor do the sniper rifles some council members do. SMGs and Chainguns and the like have the -def component, theoretically because they're sending a lot of lead flying and it's hard to dodge (Even though the mechanics don't really bear that out in a way that makes sense, since they have to actually tag you for the -def to do anything, but you can kinda see the line of thought involved.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

John Murdoch posted:

I'm reasonably certain low level Longbow that use pistols inflict -Def. Also if the new Skulls are using Dual Pistols attacks, those probably have it too. Council Marksmen (the normal minion type, not the rare sniper classed ones) don't inflict -Def but they are one of my top examples of a minion type that can be absolutely horrifying to encounter in numbers, especially as a squishy.

The thing is -Def gets attached as a rider on kind everything and anything, so it's hard to pin down what it's meant to represent. Could be supposed to be a suppressive fire kind of thing, but oops now here's a Tsoo hitting you with a sword, and here's a Vahzilok hitting you with radiation, and so on and so on. There's also the fact that -Res debuffs from enemies were just Not a thing in the early days for whatever reason, and stayed extremely low key even when they did first appear via the Council takeover.

It's totally possible that the Paragon Wiki has things wrong but the only pistol-wielding Longbow agent listed doesn't have -def as a rider. Nor do the player equivalent dual pistols attacks for either thugs MMs or the actual Dual Pistols blast set, so it'd be... unusual, if the skulls had that added specifically for their NPC equivalents. You are correct in that they use -def as the default rider for a number of things (Bladed Weapons, saturation bullet attacks, radiation), and admittedly the first and last are a bit odd. I have to assume the thing with bladed weapons is supposed to be a sunder-armor thing but that would be better as -res, which I (again) assume they were scared to give to players, and it being the Radiation rider is just confusing. It might be just not really being sure what to give each 'flavor' of attack to give it its own identity.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

spectralent posted:

The "default" ammo on DP is -def as it's rider (as opposed to fire damage, slow, or -dam for incendiary, cryo, or poison), at least; whether that passes onto Skulls who don't get the swap ammo power, I dunno.

Shame on me for not noticing that, I've been leveling a DP/Ninja.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Okay I just logged in and got shot, there's no defense debuff on the DP Skulls.

hup posted:

How are you building for that? I’m leveling one right now.

I'm still at the, like, 'contemplative' state for my power picks.

quote:

Level 1: Pistols
Level 1: Immobilizing Dart
Level 2: Dual Wield
Guns. Also Immobilizing dart seems hot trash?

quote:

Level 4: Sting of the Wasp
Level 6 Empty Clips
Level 8: Bullet Rain
Taking Empty Clips and Bullet rain together for AoE. Empty Clips seems underwhelming but we'll see.

quote:

Level 10: Shinobi
Level 12: Super Speed
Stacking stealth.

quote:

Level 14: Swap Ammo
Level 16: The Lotus Drops
Level 18: Executioner's Shot
Level 20: Kuji-In Toh
Just stuff.

quote:

Level 22: Choking Powder
Level 24: Suppressive Fire
These two are together to stack the hold and hold bosses.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Isn't Elec functionally immune to end drain later on?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

PoptartsNinja posted:

Wasn't there a method to get a super tiny character by editing a saved costume file in some way?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3887255&perpage=40&pagenumber=89#post495193509

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Doesn't poison have an AOE splash now?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The secret is to play blaster and then use that higher damage to delete enemies so you actually DON'T die.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
IIRC Vigilance is roughly pre-scourge corruptor damage if you're solo. IIRC Scourge is kind of thbbbt as far as a damage booster goes so yeah you're probably fine.

I had a dark/dark/soul corruptor on live and I'm planning on turning them into a dark/dark/dark defender for Homecoming if/when the snipe changes comes through so I can level them with Dark blast/Gloom/Moonbeam attack cycle to make early levels less awful.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Roll a spines/fire brute and do the AE mission Fire on the table/fire on the floor ect. whatever that has fire-dealing enemies.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

EponymousMrYar posted:

Namely, disable every inspiration drop except purple defenses (and damage if you want, but you NEED purple defenses.) That'll run you somewhere around 10k by itself.

I'd been given to understand that disabling inspiration drops other than X doesn't actually mean X drops more often, just that it blocks every drop but the one you selected. IE; if it determines you'd roll a green, you instead just get nothing instead.
It seems like an inspiration conversion macro (or just disabling Awaken inspirations and eating the candy as it drops) would be a better option.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Dude in the video was brunette and had a beard; your guy is blonde and clean shaven. 6/10.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

khy posted:

There's some parts of i25 I'm not thrilled with. Null the gull is one of them. I like the whole going rogue stuff, and the vigilante/ rogue system is great, but I sort of feel like an npc doing it instantly for free kind of cheapens it.

I suspect the community might not feel the same, though. I see it as trivializing and cheapening the content but I suspect they prefer the convenience to working through the normal alignment switch methods, with tips and all.

What do goons think?

You are correct in that it does entirely cheapen the old Going Rogue method for changing sides if you can do so via magic seagull, and you are correct in that most players prefer it being convenient to do.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

I AM THE MOON posted:

imagine breaking Hide like

Why I rolled DP/Ninja

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
That's a bad idea but within the confines of the bad idea that's probably a good idea.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

...drat, that looks good.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Spanish Matlock posted:

Edit: Honestly City of Villains would have made more sense as the Architect system. Make missions, fill them with minions and then be the end boss or something.

That's how CO worked and it was awful. I wanna play as my bad dudes, not just watch them do a pre-recorded script and set of emotes in nemesis missions.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

spectralent posted:

It is kind of hilarious to me how there's just The Country Where Everyone's Evil and this is just a thing people live with. I know it's a comic book, but, there's some WILD assumptions about what being recognised by the UN means in the AMAs.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not sure I'm seeing why is the Rogue Isles being in the UN is much crazier than other Human-Rights-Violation-havers like the PRC or North Korea.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Jazerus posted:

the real question is, who are these people who sign up to be RIPD

People who've had every illusion of control ripped away by living between the gunfights between spangly PMCs burning people to death with flamethrowers, black-and-red-and-edgy spider facists, and supervillains breaking into their home and eating their toasters.

Just gimme a gun, man. I need a gun so I can take my life back.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
A bane spider with omega maneuver, huh. Interesting build choice.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
If you Peacebringer and recolor the powers to green the fluffy-fuzzy energy makes you look pretty similar to the green clouds that mark out City of Heroes style ghosts. I imagine a stealth IO or the stealth power will fix the rest of the look.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Reminds me of the old MacHall strips.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
This is purely theorycraft but it looks like Fire brutes kind of tick up at 16 (Which is when you've got both your resistance toggles), 18 (You get your second damage aura if you're spines or radiation), and 22 (You can slot SO's, two Resistance SO's in Fire Shield, two in Plasma Shield, and one in Temperature Protection will cap your fire res, and AFAIK there are fire farms that only do fire damage with no secondary components in any of the attacks.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
One of my teammates complained that one of my Beam Rifle character's blasts sounded like a cow mooing. I normally play the game muted and listen to podcasts while level grinding so I unmuted it curiously and holy crap are the SFX for that powerset harsh.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I had to try and explain why U'kon Grei was funny to a new player over voice chat and it was one of the most awkward conversations I've had in recent memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The saddest part of being a Stalker is that it's really hard to see your sweet costume.