Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
elec/shield stalker is loving hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Sea Lily posted:

everyone told me energy melee was bad. but what they didnt tell me is it was also fun. made an energy/energy brute tonight and these attacks feel really satisfying. if there's buffs coming, bring them on

this is rad. what pants are those

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Sea Lily posted:

is there like a Theoretically The Most Damage build out there? like across everything

and secondarily what would the most straightforward damage blaster set combo be?

i'm mostly just curious, half wanting to roll a blaster and having no good ideas for it

make a TW/Bio scrapper and go start mothership raids on your own

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Sufficient posted:

The first mission would complete and we’d exit, only for it to be the same mission. Should have disbanded and reformed it after the first time, but figured something else was the problem so we did it again and it happened again.

This seems to usually be caused by someone leaving or D/Cing mid mission and not rejoining

Easiest way to fix it is to just have everyone log out and back in.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Platonicsolid posted:

Haha. Thanks, you can tell it's been a while.

And I'd stopped playing by the time all the Incarnate stuff rolled in. So I honestly have no idea.

Edit: Took a whack at changing things.
-Moved Overcharge to 32 (Tactics to 35, Body Armor at 38).
-Kept Overcharge six-sloted with Postron's Blast.
-Six-slotted Lancer Shot with Superior Blaster's Wrath.
-Slotted Karma -KB into Hover. Hover? Is that a good spot?
-Dropped End-Red from Maneuvers and Tactics to get slots, which seems fine, since I'm fairly positive on End.
-Slide Luck of the Gambler Global Recharge and Def/End into Maneuvers

From live I remember having Tactics in particular was very useful for boosting team to-hit, but maybe that's less-so now?

Could you export the data chunk so I could visualize this better, if you don't mind

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Let's see here.

Six slotting purples is rarely worth it due to their larger enhancement values, you hit up against the ED cap sooner. I'd make the occassional special case if the 6-slot value is a positional defense, though. There's a lot of places where you hit up against that value even using regular sets where it might be better to switch some slots around (from say, field operative, smoke grenade, or gun drone) to powers you've underslotted (single shot, charged shot, cutting beam)

Generally speaking, Everyone Loves Hasten.

Gaussian's proc should go either in: Aim (where you essentially control when it procs) or Tactics (the chance to proc for whatever reason scales up based on the number of people affected by tactics.)

Fly Speed is basically capped out the box, so those slots are also generally better used elsewhere.

I tinkered with it for a few minutes and made some changes that should be decent, but the last time I really did this was when the game was still with NCSoft, so.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...BE5FF025800F664

Give that a shot.

Didn't touch anything powerwise to keep in concept beyond dropping Single Shot for Hasten.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
yeah, I am pretty sure I beat the poo poo out of former Groot Force leader Sea Lily's Spiderbite a few times in that farm

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Mystic Mongol posted:

I thought you could fake it with Titan/Fire brute, but nooooooooo it doesn't really work at all.

Titan/Fire brute is how I do it, it's alot of fun.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Gorgar posted:

The whining in #coh-general on the HC discord is pretty funny.

"Yeah, I wasn't uh.... - I mean, I always expect some RP griefers in any game. I just didn't think the devs themselves were going to be doing it. - RIP anyone who had group RP and/or commemorative screenshots planned for today."

I don't know, maybe take the stick out for a day?

the real issue is the kids have the collision so it is 100% possible to get yourself stuck in certain mission entrances/exits now with no possible solution beyond logging in and out and hoping they don't appear in the same spot since they're not dismissable

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
uh, yeah, majorly so

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
TW is the only melee set IIRC that doesn't abide by the damage formulas that everything else in the game goes by, it's straight up an upgrade to War Mace, which is already a pretty good set

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Tsurupettan posted:

everything in game is a fraction of what it cost on live and is much, much easier to get. the most expensive things peak at like 30m? whereas they were 2b on live (if they didn't sell for more than cap at times).

I definitely was selling Panacea uniques for 6 billion (3x inf cap) on live, yeah

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
There's basically no way to go about that change without pissing off all the people who are gonna be pissed off about it

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Ali Aces posted:

I couldn't give less of a drat about whatever community wars are going on here, does anyone here know if there's some real genuine compelling reason I shouldn't just keep using Tequila so long as it works?

Also, turns out Kinetics is not proliferated to Masterminds there.

vv Tequila/Sweet Tea/Cream Soda are the launchers. Homecoming is where the players are; you can use any launcher to access Homecoming. (Well, as far as I know.)

no.

any potential bad actor with direct access to change a manifest you have loaded could nuke your PC regardless of which launcher you use.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Isn't there a Supernatural face for every bodytype that uses textured glowing eyes?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

LordSaturn posted:

the chat channel usually has someone in it, but the goonwave for the revival broke a while ago. you can still log in and play with pubbies, though

EDIT: Kuhulin's server is still sporadically active, I have no idea how ICR's server is doing these days

ICR's server is fuckin' huge

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i am pretty sure all those different teleport powers are pre-existing things the original devs did for the most part other than the new placeable SG portal they're doing, so, I'd say it's more a fault of the original devs design, rather than the SCORE/HC design

and you know if you try to get rid of anything to make it better some archaic motherfucker will pitch a bitch fit on the forums that gets like 20 other people for no good reason

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
a dark defender can hit psi resist cap easily, along with being relatively easy to hit mid 30s in all defenses, plus all the -tohit ontop of that.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
well they did it

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Traps is good actually

Been extremely useful and covers basically all bases of what you want in hard mode contact, and allows a tank to go toe to toe with super rommie with just decent recharge on the part of the Traps user by giving the tank an absurd amount of stupid regen

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
caltrops - good
triage beacon - good
acid mortar - good
force field generator - good
poison trap - extremely good
seeker drones - decent

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

triage beacon is terrible, I 6 slotted it for heal and it was adding about 12hp of regen per tick at level 50. the cooldown is long enough that it's not available for every spawn either.
caltrops is terrible, it's an area denial power in a game where that's generally really annoying in a team context.
the only thing good about poison trap is the -regen, and granted it's nice vs AVs but in every other application it's a bad power. needs something to make it generally desirable.
seeker drones is poo, the tier 8 and 9 powers are very poo

i stack triage beacon routinely, get more recharge
caltrops is good, sorry, i don't make the rules
poison trap is amazing
seeker drones is okay.

and yes of course it's nice vs AVs? like, what else are you gonna do with support unless you have a kin? you certainly don't need support for any regular mission content.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
you can procbomb caltrops ontop of it doing a great slow that breaks AI. set it for the -res proc, then four damage dealing procs, maybe one ragnarok damage IO if you're feeling frisky, and enjoy the dopamine when the stars align and you straight up deal 360 damage with it on cast with a defender using a 1st level power pick

triage beacon i'll admit is more niche, but people who sleep on caltrops are just incorrect

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Brave New World posted:

Do they still work like that after the changes they made to how procs fire?

the recharge on it is enough that it does reliably fire in the power so long as you don't slot recharge into it

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

John Murdoch posted:

The problem with pool powers in general has always been that AT modifiers create weird redundancies. Blasters don't need another a single target blast, let alone one with a longer animation time and a weird conditional damage bonus, but are going to be the AT with the best numbers on Arcane Bolt. Spirit Ward might be a rare case where it actually could be worth it on a support class because absorb is such a new mechanic that few sets feature it so you could slap it on top of something else rather nicely.

Though I never even realized Spirit Ward or Enflame were toggles. Their descriptions make them sound awful, but it seems like they're actually solidly okay, if a bit gimmicky.

The only power that might theoretically interest hardcore min/maxers is Rune of Protection, except oops it isn't affected by recharge bonuses so that's right out.

Really anything that isn't from the Fighting or Leadership pools, or Hasten (and to a lesser degree Combat Jumping) specifically is never going to be truly optimal, but gently caress it have some fun instead I say. All of the Sorcery powers look cool which trumps everything else.

Still wish I could preview what the other unique power pool powers looked like ahead of time. The early Force of Will stuff is pretty bland and I'm not sure I've ever even seen a single person using Experimentation.

Spirit Ward'll give mitigation that almost no armor set has access to in Absorb besides Rad and Bio. On any archetype with melee armor that isn't those two, it's a great survivability tool. Obviously you can't use it on yourself, but for supports, it's a good way to add some oomph, especially if you don't have a native heal.

RoP got nerfed to not be like 100% uptime cycling with clarion, but it's still good enough to get a ton of mez protection uptime with squishier ATs.

Edit: As for Experimentation:
Toxic Dart is Lethal/Toxic, which are basically the two most resisted damage types in PvE. Eh.
Experimental Injection, well, no one's gonna complain about getting a regen/recovery boost.
Corrosive vial, targeted toxic AoE with some -def utility, can mule a couple different -Res procs because of it, so if you don't have those in your build you can still fit em in.
Adrenal Booster: Seems real good. +Special is rare, everyone loves +Damage, +Recharge. 60s active, 600s recharge, don't know if it got hammered with the "no recharge" like RoP did. Could be great for hard mode content, probably good in PVP.

Mr. Maggy fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 10, 2022

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
you can go hideless stalker, for some reason, and if you do this, the ATO proc will still put you back into hide, so, that's an option that you would have now

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
just revert ignite to how it was before jack saw people stuffing the entirety of perez park into a dumpster and it'll be fine

if i'm remembering that right at this point, anyway, it's only been like 20 years or some poo poo

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

John Murdoch posted:

Literally the only thing I can think of as being ranked at all was Prestige, so that really just translates to #3 on the no-lifer list.

seems like a universal MMO constant then

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Heathen posted:

We did this way back. Virtue was the roleplay server so it also had a large furry population. To grief them some of us rolled up similarly dressed characters called Fursecution Agents. Because of the 20 character limit the names were two letters so it would be like Fursecution Agent 5G. Typically it happened when we would plan for a task force at a certain time and we were waiting for everyone to show up. Got thirty minutes to kill? gently caress it, lets go to Virtue, stand under the statue in Atlas and troll furries for a half hour. I would usually find a Martial Arts scrapper and tell him to respec out of Dragon's Tail, Crane Kick and Eagle's Claw because they are known furry abilities or point out that the City of Heroes game was a sandbox, not a litterbox so the catgirls had to leave.

I recall this happening to me (MA scrapper) but the goon immediately got heated because I had the PVP unique ticking over my head and they noticed it fire off. At the time those went for anywhere from 2 billion to 10 billion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Yeah, when I went into the TSpy discord in like late 2020, did a search for the gamer word, and got back 10,000+ results, so I quickly just left that discord.