Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Deki posted:

Also I'm curious as to if any of the servers will ever "finish" the Incarnate track.
With regards to unreleased content, based on what I've heard, asked about, and personally guess (take this all with a grain of salt i'm a random dumbass on the internet)

Incarnate track is probably a very unlikely, if ever. The current ones already basically snap the game in half, and unless something dramatic changes it's pretty unlikely there will be sufficient interest to continue developing itrials. Not impossible, just extremely unlikely.

Origin pools are somewhat unlikely, as they reference by name art assets that don't really exist in a modable fashion ingame (such as bolas). It's possible someone might feel like sprucing up the art assets for this, but given they were deliberately paragon point bait pools and aren't actually very interesting past that (the former being the reason given as to why they were forsaken on the SCORE server), I doubt it.

Wind Control is actually possible. There's a lot of interest, mechanically it's pretty much all written down and thought out, so it's plausible artist(s) and coder(s) could work on this. I think the powers are actually mostly functional right now and '''just''' (that's still asking a lot) need art assets but I could be misinformed there.

Would be extremely surprised if we don't see people proliferate weapons, spruce up the NPC costume parts, finish proliferating the few power sets that still make remote sense, and otherwise make the most of what's already in the files. In general if there's much new content for the game it'll probably be primarily that for now, anything more complicated than weapons is going to be hard to gauge until we see servers start to make a serious stab at new content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

LordSaturn posted:

people keep forgetting this, but wind control is in the old Titan costume editor. you can watch all the animations right there.

the animations are all just directly used from other powersets and are placeholders that don't really visually match up with what the powers suggest as a result.

apparently re-looking into my info, a post from a titan network admin suggests that the set wasn't even coded in yet and everything in client was just a rough first pass with napkin math and concepts.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Rage's design is just terrible all the way down. I think the cherry on the cake is that the power's tooltip recommends you take a 600 second cooldown ability to mitigate a 240 second cooldown ability's downside, which doesn't even do all that good a job of handling the crash.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

John Murdoch posted:

I can't tell if I dislike Elec Affinity or it's just that I keep ending up on lovely teams where all of the melee ATs promptly split up so they can go solo opposite ends of the map, something that's already infuriating but also renders EA loving useless.

elec affinity's jump range is painfully short in general, but it definitely is a strong power when your party members arent asleep at the wheel.

which is to say it's really bad most of the time because of that.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Nonexistence posted:

Isn't corrupter just a better defender in almost every situation though rather than the other way around? In vanishingly few situations do the defender support values vs the corrupter support values determine a win or a loss, while more damage is virtually always useful, and defenders only outdamage corrupters with like sonic blast because of the boost to the -res component, and mainly only then if stacked with a -res source from the primary.

somewhat counter-intuitively, Defenders are better for Offensive support sets, and Corruptors are better for Defensive support sets. (assuming a large team, corruptors are amost always better than defenders in like, duos or whatever)

The extra defense rarely matters, so a Coruptor's extra damage matters a lot more there. However, extra offenses rarely go to waste, so the extra values that a Defender brings are going to outvalue the Corruptor's higher personal damage (most of the time, there's weird edge scenarios like Kinetics).

Also any support that's super click heavy is going to be better on a Defender because then the reason you're bringing a corruptor (extra damage!) is kinda moot.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Crasical posted:

I'm realizing that I made a Dark/Dark Defender and a Water/Poison Corruptor and that's probably *backwards*, based on this thread's advice. Dammit.

please keep in mind it's like, +- 20% of both a damage and a support differential between corrupter and defender. outside of like, GMs and AVs where corruptors get to flex a fair bit more because the drat thing actually lives long enough for scourge to matter, then they get a fair bit bigger than that. plus solo but at that point defenders get vigilance too so it's a wash.
just to put it in perspective:
corr damage scale: .75
corr defense debuff scale: .1
defender damage scale: .65
defender defense debuff scale: .125
outside of super min maxing it doesn't make a very big difference.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Ugh. Everytime I try to get back into this game I'm reminded of just how fugly the women models are -- the hands are always too tiny, the legs too long, and all the faces are just ghastly. I'll spend an hour trying to make something that doesn't look like they crawled out of a 90's Liefeld comic book and eventually just give up and do something else.

yeah, there's like...two faces I am remotely okay with? I'd use Floating Heads for the longest time or Orb Heads just to get away from the faces.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

also titan weapons is nerfed in such a way that's much more enjoyable to play without dumping inf into it/getting IOs roling because it no longer guzzles endurance like a person in the desert chugs water. honestly i feel the set's buffed for most play cases, with the damage nerf only really being relevant when you're kitted out (and even then it's not really that huge, set still does super great damage).

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Rage itself will likely remain as-is forever, I think.

Even the homecoming development team's ability to soldier on through people complaining about their decisions on changing old things (for better or for worse) couldn't manage to overcome the tide of people complaining about super strength getting changed or agreeing on how it should be changed.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Technically, that's what Sentinel is supposed to be. It doesn't accomplish that job fantastically, but, y'know.

They didn't even bother giving it Seismic Blast though, so I wonder if they've fully given up on the concept or if it has some behind the scenes retooling going on.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

I'm of the personal point of view that you choose Corrupter when A) you're using some sort of healing/defensive set (as those typically are already more than sufficient even at 80% strength), B) you're using a set with relatively little reliance on pushing buttons and thus more time to blast, or C) you just wanna blast motherfuckers.

Offensive (de)buffing sets meanwhile make more sense on Defenders, because their overall higher (de)buff values are going to translate to a greater party-wide DPS gain compared to what your own blasting gains as a Corruptor. This is especially true if your support set is very click heavy, since that means less time blasting.

Of course, "I just want to blast some motherfuckers" transcends all of this and realistically there's not a very large difference in the two after the mid 30s anyway.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Seventh Arrow posted:

None of my current characters are high enough to encounter them yet but I distinctly remember back in the day Malta sappers could drain your endurance to zero in seconds flat. We started to make a point of stunning and killing them first.

They still can! They're still horrible!

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

The salvage seeding wound up not mattering anyway in the long run since salvage stabilized below all those caps by a significant amount, but at the time it was really important for rare salvage I believe? price of it was going out of control.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

DEKH posted:

They actually did nerf Hasten. The changes that have been made to how procs activate have made Hasten unnecessary for a lot of classes and builds. The more recharge you put in a build the less likely procs will activate, so now a lot of elite tier builds eschew recharge bonuses completely.

The only AT it's absolutely necessary are Dominators.

That's not quite how it works. It is correct that slotting in Recharge will lower the proc rate of a power. However, global recharge bonuses, including Hasten and Luck of the Gambler (but not including the alpha incarnate slot), don't affect the chance of procs - if anything, Hasten is even more powerful when you start getting into proc shenanigan's, because you want global recharge bonuses to let your proced out attacks recharge faster.

E: agghh I missed the post above me.

but Here's a guide to how procs work.

There's probably no good way to nerf hasten at this point that wouldn't break just a ton of builds, and making it into a passive benefit everyone gets would probably be too much power creep since now top end builds no longer need to worry about hitting perma hasten or the END crash it has every so often.

Meeko fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 9, 2022

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Yeah it's kind of weird this is what they're adding in ~prestige rewards~ that are character specific no less on a private server, but at least it's the most harmless thing they could possibly pick for it.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Staff synergizes really well with Tankers since its entire thing is being a big AoE, defensive leaning set - two things that tankers love to be already.

The bad ST still sucks but hey tankers were already generally not your go-to choice for stuff like AV soloing in the first place. It's a considerably more painful fault on Scrappers and Brutes, and Stalkers just have Staff Mastery swapped out for Assassin's Staff to fix that ST deficit - plus they get the best mode of Staff Mastery for free baked-in.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Soonmot posted:

Why the hell is Hell on Earth a ten minute base recharge. Thugs can get Gangwar up every other fight, but this power, that seems no where near as good, is ten minutes?

Also: They really need to make a whip powerset.

They have identical cooldowns, just people tend to do Burnout with Gang War (and oddly not Hell on Earth even though it can get funny clowncar levels too). But also Hell on Earth is on a overall better set, and it's a solid boost to your strongest pet that works well out of the box without needing a defensive set to cover for it, and it's pretty easy to get it high uptime due to the 90 second duration.

Also you can get up Hell on Earth with very high uptime and slot it with some pet auras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

Prices have also gone down a bit, and prices are generally low enough and profit's high enough even post nerfs that it doesn't take super long to get enough inf to gear a toon. Especially if you dual-box (or tri-box i guess) it.