Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

evergreen image for the new thread

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

the goon server would never be as big even if every goon played on it and brought 2 friends

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

*quietly deletes weedvegetaxxx from w18*

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

Deki posted:

Also I'm curious as to if any of the servers will ever "finish" the Incarnate track.

very extremely highly unlikely. same with wind control and the origin pools. the sad thing is that the slots and badges and everything worked for incarnates up to omega, they're still in the game, but the ui for anything past hybrid has been removed for i25/26 because there's nothing to slot in them

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

clone on the phone posted:

No offence intended to the goon server but the homecoming team have been doing an amazing job and they have made really positive changes to the game in the short term and look to have some really nice changes for the future. Plus having thousands of people to play with is nice.

the nice thing about all of the work and progress being shared is hypothetically any improvements or tools made would be open and available to anyone running a server, they have even said that each server should be set up a certain way so patches can trickle out to everyone the same way so there's not 20 different versions. whether or not this actually happens is up to the people running the show, but it's a nice thought.

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

elec or energy!!

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

had the idea to make this guy this morning & did because the name was available, but didn't have time to really play it, but now i think it's even better dang

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

buy a miracle +recovery & slot it into health

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

Harrow posted:

This change makes sense to me, but I'm also not someone who really played on live servers so I'm not too worried about preserving that experience.

I like that Homecoming is going to be continually developed, but I'm sure there are players who just wanted the old CoX back and would rather not have it continue to change over time as if it was a live game again.

people who want that are dumb & forget the live game back then was dead for months at a time until x new set or change dropped

not only that but even the "pure" i24 servers with no community changes, were still in beta when the game shut down. i don't see anyone trying to revert to i23 for live preservation's sake

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

I AM THE MOON posted:

also stalkers should stick their hide proc in assassin strike for super obvious reasons regardless of any of that nerd poo poo

if you don't it actually kinda breaks assassin's focus. if the proc re-hides you, and you get enough stacks of focus for instant-AS, it will try to longcast AS and waste it because you're hidden

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Any opinions about Savage Assault as a dominator set? I've shied away from it because the Blood Craze stacks seem real unlikely to get used as a dominator, but I'm curious whether it works out ignoring the gimmick.

it's cool, you shoot swarms of birds at people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

water really benefits a lot from customization imo

dark is pretty good too, but it's harder to customize well

earth has some cool ones but it's still just earth