Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Today I learned that pulling an auction before it sells makes you lose your deposit. Which in hindsight seems logical, but now I can’t sell my first orange ingredient to get the inf ball rolling until I grind up more inf. Feels bad! Game good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

winterwerefox posted:

If there are outstanding bids for the salvage/recipies you are listing, you get the highest outstanding bid, even if you list it for 5 inf.

Isn’t that a bit risky? I admit I don’t know how the whole thing works but if I’m trying to get roughly a million for something and it ends up selling for a fraction of that I’d be super bummed.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Mystic Mongol posted:

Also, there's a 5% commission for selling things, but a 10% commission on profit above the listed number. So if you list an orange salvage for a million, you'll be charged 50,000, but if you list an orange for only 1, you'll be charged 100,000.

I guess I don’t mind taking a hit on my first sale just to get some seed money to get me up and running.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

From what I’ve seen of homecoming, the players number in the thousands, per server. I think there’s a server status page somewhere that has numbers.

e: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/status/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ios_share_flow_optimization&utm_term=control_2

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 29, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

No offence intended to the goon server but the homecoming team have been doing an amazing job and they have made really positive changes to the game in the short term and look to have some really nice changes for the future. Plus having thousands of people to play with is nice.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Harrow posted:

I wasn't meaning to start any argument about goon server vs. Homecoming or anything! I was just wondering if the goons I've been enjoying playing with are moving over or mostly staying for now, that's all. I do think it's really cool that so many people, goons included, are able to set up their own servers and do their own experimentation.

The fact that people have their hands on the actual server software from live is just wild to me.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 30, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I have an elec/elec dom that is just so fun. Great visuals and sounds.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I want to take better advantage of the swap ammo mechanic with dual pistols, is there an easy cheat sheet for which factions are weak to what attacks?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Thanks for that.

Also, how much of a big deal is it when a power set gives no psionic protection?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

So what’s the Titan Weapon secret you need to figure out?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

That graphics change for burst of speed is so good I might actually try the powerset out.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I don’t like the AT so someone should do a necro/time MM called Metronomicon.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is there any way to speed up the casting animation of abilities or only the recharge time of them

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'm wanting to make a TW/Fire character but can't decide between scrapper or brute. Does TW favor one more than the other or should I just toss a coin?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Fire for scrappers = lots of runner

I've done both version and canned the scrapper version because of runners.

What about the TW part?

e: Actually while I'm asking, how are sword / mace / axe? I need some kind of martial weapon for the theme i'm going with.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 31, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Tommy 2.0 posted:

If TW doesn't gib it, it will be running the hell away after it gets up.

As for swords? Dual Blades, Katana, then....broad sword. Both DB and Kat are really really good numerically. BS is a pretty poor performer number wise.

War Mace is just bonkers numerically.

Axe is middling. Performs better than BS (not a high bar) but noticeably less performing than War Mace (even without numerical measurements).

TW
-
DB
Kat
WM
-
BA
-
-
-
BS
Staff Fighting (this is actually good on a stalker)

*You said martial so I included Staff.

Thanks Tommy, I tried out TW and haha its a bit bonkers on the damage and cleave.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 1, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Yeah, lego.

It looks like we've reached the tyrannical despot phase of balance changes. Guess I'll be deleting those characters sooner rather than later.

Alternately, being able to use fast snipe in combat on any powerset without having to min/max for it seems pretty cool.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I made an Archery/Trick Arrow Corruptor and I'm actually really enjoying it. Will it allow me to set fire to my own oil slicks with blazing/explosive arrows?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

How are tankers for soloing? I made a kickass mace/shield tanker but I'm worried things will take too long to die.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Jazerus posted:

other than the alignment powers for rogue/vigilante being worse than villain/hero, there isn't any reason to be a straight hero or villain anymore on homecoming because hero/villain merits don't exist

How does this whole system work anyway? If I sit at rogue/vigilante does that mean I’m free to team up with people from either side? Because that would be cool.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Remade my mace/shield character as a brute and it definitely feels a lot squishier than the tanker but maybe that’s because I didn’t get all the defensive stuff right out the gate. Are the numbers on the defensive sets different between brute/tanker or is it just purely the order in which you get things?

I also wish there were more mace options. Most of them are garbage.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I guess less than 4% isn’t really gonna be a problem at the end of the day.

e: holy smokes I got a low level orange recipe drop and it sold for over 3mil.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 3, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Been having fun with my new SS/WP Brute:

It's a bit simpler than I'd like, but there isn't a whole lot of crossover between the girl model and the big buff model.

Still, it's enough to do this:

Heeey, I did some DFB with you. I enjoyed your costume.

Also, is there a list or can someone fill me in on how or which AoE abilities will crit for a stalker from stealth? I know the kinetic AoE does. Does for instance, mass levitate for psionic also crit? What're the rules. I know shadow maul for dark melee doesn't, because I assume it counts as a DoT? How about shield charge?

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jun 4, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

shield charge crits and also doesnt unhide you because it's a pseudopet and that is one of the reasons elec/shield is hilariously good

Does lightning rod also crit and not unstealth you?

e: according to the internet it does not. I'd still like to know about mass levitate though. Hard to find info on some of this stuff!

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 4, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Tsurupettan posted:

you got it :mrgw: just weird pseudopet stuff.

mama mia

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Roach Warehouse posted:

Does that /Martial super speed punch move look better in game than it does in the power customization menu? I heard the latest patch improved it, but it still looks like someone just went nuts with Microsoft paint.

It still has that big rotating blob of colour but it’s slightly blurry now.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I just learned the P2W vendor sells a thing that removes the fog of war from maps including door mission maps, which is nice.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Take a look at that package

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

So I'm about to hit 22 on my first character (Archery/Trick Corruptor) and I guess I need to get on the IO train. All I know is that they will scale with my level and that they exist. Can someone give me the quick and dirty so I can make this happen once i level? I'm assuming I buy them on the AH, but I'm not even sure what category to look at.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Amstrad posted:

No, go to the university in Steel Canyon, do the quick tutorial quest-chain available there about the Invention System, this will give you a basic introduction to the whole crafting thing.
In practice: You'll buy the ingredients for the IOs you want from the AH and the recipes for those IOs will be purchasable right at the crafting station. At 22, you'll want to be crafting the lvl 25 IOs which I am told are good enough to get you to 50.
Be prepared to spend a lot of Inspiration.

Okay, thanks. I will do that and hopefully all will become clear.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Thanks for the IO info guys. I think I will wait until I can craft the 30+ IOs. I guess I should use SO enhancements until then though?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I've been pretty diligent about keeping my DOs up to date because I hate missing and power is power. What's the best way to turn merits into cash?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I wanted to do a warham but not just another space marine. I think my sister of battle turned out ok!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

LordSaturn posted:

CoX powers/building discourse always has this problem. poison is factually, objectively worse than other choices, but it's also factually, objectively fine to play if you want to.

I have trouble not taking matching pairs of sets so archery has to be paired with trick arrow and makes me do things like an ice/ice tanker. May not be the best choices but it makes me happy.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I have a /regen scrapper and while I know it’s not a great set I love the theme and idea behind it. I’m reaching the 40s now and wondering what ancillary / pool powers I should be taking to shore up my defences etc.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

water really benefits a lot from customization imo

dark is pretty good too, but it's harder to customize well

earth has some cool ones but it's still just earth

I made a water / storm character, coloured everything red and called them bloodrocuted

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I’ve bought level 30-35 IOs for half a dozen alts and I’m happy to pay a premium for the convenience of not having to buy the materials and craft them. Merits to converters make you so much inf that the cost isn’t even a consideration.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Padawan posted:

Finally a good excuse to neglect life for a bit.

Hell yeah, same.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Recently got my blaster to 50 and my fortunata is coming up close as well so I’ve been trying to figure out sets and how to slot at 50 and it feels completely impenetrable. I have tried to make some headway but don’t really know where to start. What sets are good, how to slot them and how many slots on abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I think that might be the crux of my problem. I don’t know what goals I should be aiming for. Things like recharge and end reduction/modification, def/res (soft) caps, damage amounts, procs etc. is there a resource that gives suggested amounts for ATs?