Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's really hard to raise the stakes on The Revolting Flayed without just becoming a blood elemental

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

LordSaturn posted:

it's me, I'm the one who got The Flayed Man on indom and I went a much more subtle direction with it:

something about the full-body bandages with no eyeholes really adds to the horror, I think. also the crisp white suit.

also: playing a heal-based support for you guys is a real loving drain on my sanity, lol. please be kind to your hapless backup by paying attention to your surroundings

Yeah I do the bandages on my default costume. But my third one had to really kick up the gore, so featureless meat face is where we are.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

As long as we're spitballing powersets, I would kill to have an arcane powerset based on all the sentient spell stuff from Night Ward.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Honestly I like the idea of "wizard gives up Magic for fancy gadgets from catalogue" a lot more than I do the idea of playing a robot MM. But robots and a beam rifle make that concept more real than anything else I can think of.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If someone wants Sharper Mage, let me know and I'll delete 'cause I seriously don't care about the character. I've already moved on and made Shark Dressed Man.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Harrow posted:

I really want new Blaster primary sets based on two things from other ATs:
  • The animal-related blasts Masterminds get with the Beasts set, like throwing a swarm of bugs or siccing a flock of ravens on enemies. I loving love that raven animation.
  • The shuriken throws in the Dominator's Martial Assault secondary set. Those animations own and I want a ninja-focused Blaster set that uses them.

It drives me a little crazy because savage attacks in every class that uses them still have the same stack mechanic, but blaster is far and away the best class to make use of it barring the existing savage melee classes. They'd certainly get more mileage out of it than putting it on a dominator secondary set.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I can't imagine playing psi blaster (my main) without being able to weave insta-snipes into the rotation.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just put this together and like it, but I don't think the character creator is going to leave any room to really expand on costume options.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

He sneaks up on enemies in post production.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm getting an error about purchasing parts from Paragon Market.

Here's my attempted War Hulk. Any ideas what parts are broken? edit: It's the Cosmic Corsair Hook. Pirate Hook works.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 4, 2019

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anyone got a notion of how to place a custom corpse in an architect mission? I need the player to find a specific someone instead of a bodybag if at all possible. I tried setting them as an ally who remains in the Unconscious animation but they occasionally get up anyway and gently caress up the whole vibe.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Sophism posted:

I've been trying to find a character concept for the floating lanterns back option for ages now.

I'm furious because I've tried to make a golem for a while and never made it click, and this is proof that I was extremely close with my Nemesis Warhulk.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

How you gonna make a shadow chancellor with no dark powers

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Made this yesterday and am still more amused with myself than I should be.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man the costume items got so much better after I quit live. I remade one of my old characters to look about a million times better. This is Dharma Geddon:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Any opinions about Savage Assault as a dominator set? I've shied away from it because the Blood Craze stacks seem real unlikely to get used as a dominator, but I'm curious whether it works out ignoring the gimmick.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm not sure my enthusiasm for it is as strong as the people who said I had to do it but here's my Freakshow who stole Crey black hole generator technology.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

As a blaster, should I be getting Ion Judgment instead of Void Judgment for the sake of having a more distant AOE?

I just kinda inherently took Void Judgment because that sounds badass.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Traffic in Kallisti Wharf is a mess.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

I FIGHT FOR FREEDOM!

There's a scarf option in the capes styles! Find that!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I don't know anything about anything but it's slightly disappointing that blasters best incarnate options seem to be damage oriented, other than with Interface. I guess that matters for trials, but it'd be neat to get more tools and tricks and nuance rather than just big numbers.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anyone able to give me some pointers on where I oughtta go with this 50 respec? Here's roughly what I'm looking at. Ignore the slot order. I'll do that with a mind toward exemplaring later

In particular, I've got a few powers that I'm not super wild about but feel like I have to pick just to advance. Telekinetic Blast and Aging Touch have never been part of my rotation and I've never had problems, but I've found all the yellowed powers in the main two trees to be real underwhelming, and I'm not sure putting fancy expensive toys in them would save it. At least those two would let me diversify my damage types slightly so I have more options against robots.

Am I making any great big mistakes I don't realize? I feel like I have about a billion options on a build that basically has full uptime on its bread and butter blasts and/or insta-snipes. Most of the click powers after that feel like bells and whistles that don't really get used.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Looks like Elemental Order, which is a tucked-in pants style.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just scored 300 million in a costume contest with my slasher character VIOLENCE MAN

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It was weird how the Rogue Isles were simultaneously this oppressive totalitarian state but also a Randian hellhole. Like Recluse is encouraging his citizens to become villains, but that would mean killing his cops and robbing his banks.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I have a vewy powufuw fwiend in Wome named Bigass.... Dictionary

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Tabletops posted:

what's y'alls favorite ranged/blaster (or whatever) powerset? I want something that is fun and flashy but also powerful enough for good solo, I guess?

my first character bird justice is lvl 26 now. street justice/elec brute. he's pretty fun but a bit squishy. i realize a blaster or whatever is probably going to be a lot squishier, but I was hoping that they could maybe solo better due to the damage and ranged ability? I don't know.

I took a psi/time blaster to Incarnate. Psi feels kind of like a fifth wheel in large group content because your AOE is horrible, but because you have a damage type that is rarely resisted and it comes with debuffs built in, it's actually plenty good at soloing. Between having an Aim in your primary and a Build Up in secondary, you can weave instant snipes into your combat rotation, which makes you extremely effective at cutting down small groups like you'd find in solo content. Time has some psi damage punches, good single-target control, and Time Lord and Temporal Healing are some of the best powers a blaster can get in a secondary set.

That said, I wouldn't actually put psi and time together having played them to 50, because you end up wanting to skip more time powers than you might otherwise because you're already heavy on psi damage. Both sets also have several control powers and you just won't realistically be able to make use of more than a few. I think they're both great power sets but if I had to start my character over, I would make him psi/rad, or rad/time.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 6, 2019

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I made an ice/time blaster last night and, incredibly, the name Glacier wasn't taken, so yoink. But I'm absolutely dying trying to come up with a good spandex costume. Arctic is a little too noisy and precious and cold colors don't say "heroic dynamism" to me. At the moment he's just a blue-skinned pretty boy in winter clothes. Anyone got any good spandex ideas/concepts to work with?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

He should be allowed to teleport because glaciers are disappearing at an alarming rate.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there no way to re-run the entirety of Max's DA arc without getting someone else who hasn't done it? It's structured kind of weird where you break out some of his boys to form a team to attack a base, but at any time you can instead go do the mission with as few as zero allies. When you go back to re-run it in Ouro, though, you start with a mission chosen and I don't see any way to just go run the big mission itself.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If I wanted to play Dual Blades but not stalker, what's my best bet for class? DB/Dark scrapper or something?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

S.D. posted:

I'm looking at the Ouro listing now, and Max's arc is split into 4 separate arcs - the three 'rescue' missions and the last one. You're looking for The End of Vengeance (Dark Astoria, Ch. 3), number 22.14.

Yeah, but if you start that, you begin with allies. I was hoping to run it without any. It's not a big deal, as I'm pretty sure there's no badge associated with it. Just thought it'd be neat to do.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Randalor posted:

I skimmed the first few and last couple pages, but whatever happened to the City of Villains classes? I miss just running around the city with my robot pals.

All classes are available to all sides now. Hero masterminds, villain blasters -- it's a thing!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I guess I should add the small caveat that the epic archetypes have to start on their original intended side but can later swap alignment.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Epilogue: Relogging fixed it, though we fought 6 shadow clones to our team of five.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Had fun turning my TW/rad brute Dharma Geddon into a black metal alternate costume:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Are we still on Indom primarily?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've been out of things for a couple years. Anything cool happen lately? Reasons to come back?