Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok someone fill me in here on WTF I missed in Praetoria. I did one mission for Neuron and handed over data to Cole... who is like, "Lol yeah that happens thanks fam," and now suddenly I'm supposed to know all about Primal Earth and that we are going to invade or somesuch bullshit? WTF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Super Science Friends!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Eeyo posted:

Here's Serfs Up, a Staff/Willpower scrapper. Too bad staff isn't good on scrapper (apparently), but that's just in-character for a poor serf. I feel like this may have been someone else's idea in an old thread and it just bubbled up from my subconscious.

He needs to hang out with my halberd guy Terrified Militiaman.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Inzombiac posted:

Martian Girl from Planet V, won't you marry me?

She's lookin' hungry, think she's gonna eat me!

Savage/Bio Brute is CRAZY good.

I snagged Powdered Milk Man but don't know what to do with it.

Woah woah, woah woah woah.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Been having fun with my new SS/WP Brute:

It's a bit simpler than I'd like, but there isn't a whole lot of crossover between the girl model and the big buff model.

Still, it's enough to do this:

Oh hey, saw you in Atlas.

Edit: And yeah, I do the same thing with my SJ/WP brute Milton. Love the small to big.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So what's up with this patron power thing and when can I shoot sharks out of my dick?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
What IOs do I need to slot for my /storm dude to make Hurricane the most knockbacky is can be?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Nonexistence posted:

Just to be clear, the "push mans back" part of hurricane is repel, not knockback, and can't be enhanced. Slotting knockback will increase distance when the flop procs though.

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Cause I slotted Knockback and send people flying, which is fun, I just wanted it to happen more often.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
OMG the AE stuff is so satisfying but so limited in such a frustrating way.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Go to AE

Look up the mission Goony Goony Goon

Play it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

It's true, don't do this.

Apologies to every I was teaming with when my power went down, by the way.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Slotting extra knockback into my SS Tanker was a great move that makes me feel like a badass. Plus knocking dudes into the ceiling where they're just hanging by their heads is extra hilarity.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I love it, that's a great concept.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

His lightning powers are colored white for extra pun.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Amstrad posted:

I'm sorry, why is his name not White Lightning?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE5pM1HXxlI

Cause it was taken by a filthy pubbie

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

kumba posted:

ss/bio is super fun

You need to hang out with the Sands of Moo

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Harrow posted:

Since we're posting cows, here's my new Rad/Fire Brute, Cherno-Bull:

I KNEW that was a goon. Too good not to be.

Edit:You can get some real nice shots in this game if you do it right.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 9, 2019

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

:perfect:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Are there any good tutorials on SG base building? Because so far the couple that I've found have been pretty lackluster.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Psykmoe posted:

So I've seen people talk about how dual blades is good if you ignore the combo system.

What about Street Justice? Is the combo system worth my time?

I never really played with dual blades back in the day and so I have no experience with the more gimmicky attack power sets with combos or spreadable secondary effects like rad melee and beam rifle.

The Street Justice Combo system is as easy as the Staff combo system. It just sort of happens organically. Or it least it feels that way for me.

OgNar posted:

I havent really watch it but Leandro did this video.
Skip about 4:40 in or so.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/427246330

I'm watching now to see what its like.

e:poo poo its over 2 hours long. I cant handle his voice for that long.

Thanks, it already looks better than what other crap I found.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Crasical posted:

Only burst-fire weapons. The cheapo revolvers and shotguns that the hellions have don't seem to have that component, nor do the sniper rifles some council members do. SMGs and Chainguns and the like have the -def component, theoretically because they're sending a lot of lead flying and it's hard to dodge (Even though the mechanics don't really bear that out in a way that makes sense, since they have to actually tag you for the -def to do anything, but you can kinda see the line of thought involved.

Is that why my Mercs MM seems to kill poo poo so much faster than my ninjas or zombies?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
OMG the quirks in building a base are so irritating, like randomly teleporting to the other side of the room or when using ctrl+lclick to move an object on the X-axis it suddenly farts off in a random direction.

Im mostly doing this because A) Im avoiding trying to slot IO sets because I have no idea how they work and B) Im avoiding finishing my AE arc because I wrote myself into a corner.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I like showing off and Ive sunk enough time in my SG base. Use the code goons-3187 to take a look.

Im going to continue to work on it instead of finally getting a character to 50 because Im weird.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Hakarne posted:

So I started my Demon/Thermal MM because the concept amused me and I heard they were strong for AVs. But how is demon AoE? Is it decent for clearing large packs or is it mostly single target?

I blew through +1/x3 groups until I was 30 with my Demon/Traps MM.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

All based off this awesome most power metal thing ever.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Crasical posted:

Dude in the video was brunette and had a beard; your guy is blonde and clean shaven. 6/10.

:negative:

khy posted:

I was listening to that power metal song, and just letting youtube play the next songs without curating it.

Then the Wind Rose cover of "Diggy diggy hole" came on and I ended up making a dwarf and pasting the lyrics into my bio.

So really, it's your fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU

He can hang out with my Dwarf, Urist McUrist.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 19, 2019

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Shredder posted:

his name is Angus McFife

Yes it is. But Gloryhammer is more recognizable. It's nuts how many many people throw out a random "Hail Hoots!"

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Thank you both so much for introducing me to the insanity that is the world of Napalm Records. Holy gently caress my neighbors are pissed at me now, but I have a Laser Powered Goblin Smasher so it doesn't matter.

You're welcome. The best part? Dee motherfuckin Snider is signed with them and still making incredible music.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh god I've got another week until I can maybe sorta kinda get back into this and I wanna play NOW. I've heard about the game beyond character creation and base building but Ive been through so little of it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Hefty Leftist posted:

anyone else want CoH to look a bit better? with maxed out graphics CoH looks pretty good considering it came out in 2004, but still shows its age in some areas. lighting and shading tends to be pretty flat, so i've made a Reshade ini preset file that adds in bloom, MXAO, vibrance, ambient lighting, godrays + more. i've done what i can to configure it to look as good as possible, generally i've tried to make CoH pop and stand out a lot more. Ouroboros in particular is a standout and looks fantastic with better lighting, as well as teams that have a plethora of different powers and effects going off. it can be a little bit taxing performance wise tho so heads up. screenshots + link below if you're interested:

No Reshade

Reshade

No Reshade

Reshade

No Reshade

Reshade

No Reshade

Reshade

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1vrkltzpa3o4etc/CoHReshade.ini/file

How did this just get passed over without comment, because it looks awesome and as soon as my computer is back online Im slapping this bitch on.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I might jump in again just to give this a spin. Been burned out for a while. The AE mission I mean.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I have a character on Everlasting named The Tourist who runs around asking people to pose for him. I really need to log him back in.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I come back today to find the 80+ hours I put into my base have been wasted as everything is gone. :negative:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
It's totally gone. I already send a message about it. But yeah. It's all gone.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Not so far. I'll check later today when I get home from work.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Some of the leftover stuff make cool decorations though. I loved the floating stone heads hovering just behind some chairs.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I need more titans

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I know what you mean. I was always flabbergasted that Captain Amazing was available for a villain name.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Titan Weapon/Earth Armor has been my favorite so far. Giant rock golem bristling with crystals swinging a huge hunk of concrete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I need to redownload and play again. Arrr Kelly the Urinomancer Pirate needs to roam again