Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Party Alarm posted:

MS3 has enough outputs to run a v12 in semi sequential / wasted spark. Only one needed!

Only the MS3Pro Ultimate - it also has four banks of variable valve timing control, so using my AEM Infinity hack (see my build thread; BMW VANOS uses two solenoids per cam so it’s slightly more complex than most) the Ultimate could probably handle this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

Party Alarm posted:

I've been watching your thread! BURNOUT WHEN? Very glad you didn't have to do a rebuild. I love Z4M Coupes, and that brown :discourse:

I'm gonna try to stop chasing the N73 pipe dream for now - If I start it I'll either have to sacrifice the rest of my projects for months or shove it in a corner under a tarp for months, at which point I could probably find one cheaper. I'll just keep my eyes open for a deal, since it looks feasible. Maybe.

I've got an overwhelming amount of projects for when I get home. I'm gonna try to use this thread to get my thoughts straight so I can hit the ground running and accomplish what I want to this year. Expect lots of rambling and dumb ideas!

It's hard to even pick where to start. Probably with a bottle of tequila.

So, current car list:

'78 Mercedes 240D - ran when parked, hole in the timing cover, sockington levels of rust
'85 Mercedes 300D - hit in the front, was the owners DD at the time. Could be repaired with the 240D (I hope). Gambler 500 car!

'96 Ford F150 - Runs okay ish, minor issues.

'87 M3 - getting thrown under a car cover and forgotten about until I get time. Long term project
'87 325e - Has an M50b25 swap but is otherwise stock. Resto / DD project
'90 325i - the brown one. Some minor issues I want to fix before I go to the Dragon in November at minimum. Hoping to shove the V8 in there.
'94 530iT - Another rolling resto. Eventual engine swap - going to handle cosmetics and suspension stuff first. Good shape mechanically!
'95 540i - Selling this back to the PO in the fall, have some body work and repairs to do. I want to return it in good shape
'09 135i - Full bolt on turbo POWERRRRR. Has a misfire, because of course it does. Hope it doesn't need new injectors!

I should have the list slimmed down to seven cars by the end of the year. The 540i is going and the 240D is probably going to be a parts car.

Holy poo poo. Yeah... maybe don’t take on a V12 swap right now :stonklol:

And thanks! :)

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Party Alarm posted:

I mean I'm still going to do it, I'm just going to use this engine :v:

SOHC, no fancy tech. I still want to megasquirt it if I can because of all the problems they have, mostly related to the weak rear end ignition system and V12 specific parts ($$$). The M70/73 are pretty well trodden and don't require reverse engineering like the N73 would.

Looks like getting the W123 higher won't be hard! I just need to order new springs and taller factory spring pads. That'll get it high enough to fit a 27" tire on the stock 14" Bundts.

It looks like all the body panels interchange, so I can take the front end off the 240D and slap it on the 300D.

Here's some inspiration:

I think most of that work is going to have to wait until 2020. We'll see - I might invite my buddies from the last Gambler up to my place for a weekend of wrenching - that's probably all the time I'd need to get it ready to go!

The hero we need :)